Wicker Man remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
Writer/director Neil LaBute (IN THE COMPANY OF MEN) attached. Nicolas Cage will star and produce through his Saturn Films company (SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE), along with Joanne Sellar and Norm Golightly.

Cowboyography
I have tried to mentionthis and the thread always gets lost, I thought the original was awsome!!!! Great atmosphere, killer twist ending and Lee in a dress!!!

@F1
Nicolas Cage is teaming with filmmaker Neil LaBute on a modern-day remake of the 1973 British cult thriller "The Wicker Man" for Universal Pictures and StudioCanal.

LaBute will write and direct the project, with Cage starring and producing though his Saturn Films. Saturn's Norm Golightly also is producing with Joanne Sellar ("The Anniversary Party"wink.

"Wicker," originally released in the United States by National General Films and in the United Kingdom by British Lion, is now part of the Canal Plus film library. Written by Anthony Shaffer and directed by Robin Hardy, the 1973 film stars Edward Woodward as a Scottish policeman investigating the disappearance of a little girl. The policeman travels to a remote island where he is shocked to discover a colony of modern-day pagans. LaBute's adaptation will be set in present-day America.

"I have been passionate about the original for years," Sellar said. "I couldn't be happier about working with Neil. He has the ideal sensibility for this project."

Saturn is no stranger to horror projects, having produced last year's indie feature "Shadow of the Vampire." Golightly said, "Neil is the perfect filmmaker to bring this haunting and revered cult classic to the modern screen."

"Wicker" reteams Saturn with Universal, who worked together on the upcoming Alan Parker-directed feature "The Life of David Gale." Cage also has starred in such recent Universal features as "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" and "The Family Man."

I would prefer a sequel, bring back Christopher Lee.

dean7879
dont think the remake will be that good...how can u beat the excellent original....it was creepy and christpher lee was excellent.....the ending wasn truely shocking and the most disturbin part of the film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.