has anny one beside me seen the anime movie AKIRA its great oh u can talk here to

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
HAS ANNY ONE HERE CEPT ME SEEN THE MOVIE AKIRA??? IF U HAVNT ITS THE BEST ANIME EVER!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A LITTLE GORRY AND I DONT MEAN DBZ GORRY I MEAN LIKE HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMM LIKE A REAL ANIME GORRY IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN.it has some pretty bad killing seens thatl make u cringe its an anime with some moter cycle battles and blood but its not and i reapeat NOT a moter cycle movie oh and it has cusing and drug usage but its the BEST anime EVER so find it and go see it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and here is a pic from it this is the BAD GUY

burlyman
yeh its brill

el_barto
wow some 1 else than me has seen it like WOW this is another pic o the BAD GUY his name is tetsuo

el_barto
this pic is of well there is another world war and akira has SPECIAL powers so i THINK his powers get out of control like TETSUO'S and he blows up Tokyo this is a pic of Tokyo being blown up oh and all this stuff does not happen in the movie it happens before the time seting of the movie

burlyman
http://www.akira2001.com/html/poster1.jpg

FLICKNAVY
Was a little too long of a movie(3hrs and somethin) but pretty good

BackFire349
Yes, outstanding movie.

StefMan
it was 2 hours confused

And everybody seems to think that Tetsuo is the bad guy here, he isnt, there arent really clear good or bad guys, tetsuo didnt choose to get his power, he got them from his contact with the little rimply kid, and they got the powers from AKIRA, but the militairy and the government exploited their powers, trying to find out what it is etc...

You people shouldnt look at this movie with the typical american/hollywood "good guy - bad guy" mentality, cos it just doesnt always work like that smile

slinger
Anybody who REALLY likes anime has seen Akira, the best anime movie of all time.

mah
StefMan is right.

And it's ace, mint, brill. whatever; it's one of the best anime movies.

Hypernova
mah, I agree rock

SaTsuJiN
This was definately one of those 'must see' for any anime fan, or for people who just like to watch something different. Tetsuo was a jerk, he should have listened to Kaneda sad my favorite part was the bridge scene and the part with the tank hehe big grin

Hegemon875
I agree, it is a classic anime. One of the very first in America and a real pioneer of its day. No one can say that they know anything about anime unless they have seen this movie.

StefMan
Tetsuo was bullied his entire life, he was always weaker, now he had power, he felt strong for the first time in his life, but eventually the power became too strong for him to handle

movie_freak
Saw it ages ago, and it's a great anime

SaTsuJiN
Yes, that was true. However Kaneda was like an older brother to Tetsuo and cared dearly for him. If gaining power broke that bond then Tetsuo deserved his fate.

ragesRemorse
Akira is the classic anime, it'll live on as one of the best anime's. There are better out there, but when Akira came along it set the bar for Anime a few notches higher

StefMan
but remember keneda bullied him too a lot, and made tetsuo look like a runt in front of the others....that must have pissed him off

el_barto
i agree this is a MUST SEE movie it is the basest for ALL and i repeat ALL anime movies AKIRA KICKS SO MUCH ASS OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YHEA says the cool aid man

big gay kirk
Akira.... saw it when it first came out... subtitled is better than dubbed, but if you learn Japanese, its a damn sight finer! Also, read the graphic novels... the story is a lot clearer!

Jakanden
I am an Anime freak and although I enjoy Akira, it is by far too overrated. There are far better anime's out there (Such as Ninja Scroll or Berserk). I think one reason Akira is so popular is because it was many people's introduction into Anime so naturally it is one of thier favorites.

Dejio
I agree. The character animations on this one isn't that great to me. But the story was superb though. 'Ghost In The Shell' has better looking art along with a thought provoking story.

You guys should also watch 'Bastard!'. It's about mages, knights, elves, etc. This ones my favorite anime by far.

badkittykitty
omg there you are kirk...just so you know..I am still watching shifty

grymlock
well you can check out at members pic and you can see me wearing Akira t-shirt smile ... anyway another classic anime is Ghost In The Shell it's awesome as Akira...

Neo-Tokyo Is About To Explode

cheers!!

StefMan
ALITA BATTLE ANGEL OWNS!!! big grin

el_barto
i think akira is the best big grin

DeppFreak
I know someone who was named after Akira

Skywa|ker
I liked Akira, but I think I enjoyed Ghost in the Machine better... Patlabor was also good.

Hegemon875
patlabor and patlabor II are some of my all time favorite anime's.

Hegemon875
Akira is actually a pretty common Japanese name so there are many people named Akira wink

noneok
i like tetsuo better though wink

noneok
i agree with EB i think its the best anime ever

fungrl515
Well, i am an anime freak, in case you didn't know, so of course i've seen akira. don't kill me for saying this, but it was great, but not the best ever. There are a lot of movies that are really thought provoking and can be considered the best of our time. Akira is one of the best, no question, but probably not the best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.