Why Matrix has the most posts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AliasNeo15
I was just lookin at the categories, and i was just wondering after all the criticism the Matrix Reloaded has gotten, y does the Matrix categories double any other of those trilogies (LOTR, SW, etc.) In my opinion, that just shows u how much certain people like it.

JediHDM
or how many stupid threads get started by newbs...

spydar1982
LIKE ME!!!!

JediHDM
why are you PROUD of that...? I would be ASHAMED to do that...

BackFire349
Because it is the trendy movie series right now. in a year from now, when the series is done (hopefully) let's see what forum has the most traffic, i will bet LOTR's or star wars will because they are both long term great films, not trends that the matrix will end up being

spydar1982
I see it as a stupid idea. To hate newbs because they start new threads. OMG the world is going to end because a new guy started a thread on a forum. ****SCREAMS RUNNING FOR THE HILLS*** I bet they have weapons of mass destruction too! Thats where they are at! Damn NEWBS. KILL EM ALL. I was being an *******, a jackass, whatever you want to call me. It wasn't a serious reply. You having a 167 IQ should have known that. Sheesh my IQ is like 3 and half.

HexSintax
not really trendy, because theres two kinds of Matrix buffs: the dumb, average person, and the intellectual people who look beyond the action and weak sex scenes and pick out the deep meanings. most of the intellectual people are computer-prone and have time to visit the forum every now and then.

but the sw fans are just....well theyre weird lol

the LOTR fans...they are the fans of the Novel who are the Elders of the group and tend to stay away from the complicated world of PCs

---IMHO....

JediHDM
ok, for one thing, JUST BECAUSE YOU MAKE A TWO-WORD SARCASTIC COMMENT, I'M SUPPOSED TO KNOW?! TWO, i don't hate Newbs for starting new threads, i hate newbs for starting UNSUBSTANTIAL, INCONSEQUENTIAL THREADS THAT HAVE NO PERTINENCE OR ABILITY TO PROVE ANY POINT OR BRING UP SOME DEEP INTELLECTUAL THOUGHT. BECAUSE THEY HAVE PROBABLY ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED IN FIFTY OTHER THREADS. FOR GOD'S SAKE, DO A SEARCH!!! Ok, im calm now...*breathing* I dont think that the matrix will be a trend, unless all the newbs that have shown up in the past week MAKE IT a trend...or maybe its just a trend to find every forum known to man and post the same stupid spoiler that has been on the internet for months, and that has been disproven TIME AND AGAIN, and then leave, as if nothing had happened...Also, SW and LOTR ARE long-term, but i believe that this can be also, seeing as how the bros said that no one will ever pick up on all the illusions/references to religion/philosophy/movies/writers out there, so i think that there will be a select few who stay on after the movies are done and the game is out (namely, Sifer, Omega, myself, urot, crash, probably simple, korri, and others whom i cannot remember at this time (1:02) of the night. And back to AliasNeo, yes, i think that many people DO think it is the greatest, even despite the criticism it has recieved from Lemmings who have no place criticising works beyond their mental capacity. *cough* Ebert *cough*

BTW: my IQ is NOT 167, it was a stupid test, that compares my intelligence with everyone else my age, meaning, for the slow ones, i am 1.67 times as smart/intelligent as everyone else who has taken the "online intelligence" test.

PPS: Hexsintax, i love your sig...Just to let you know.

HexSintax
thanks, made it myself 8-D i make tons-o-graphics, if any one wants a new sig, ill be willing to give it a shot.

BackFire349
There aren't deep meanings, it's just a bunch of pretentious wanna be philisophical crap that makes it seem deep in some way. In reality, the matrix IS a trend, mark my words, the series will fade away shortly...because people will soon see it as the sham that it is.

spydar1982
too many big words. remember i have a low IQ. As Hex said about the Matrix fans I am some where between the dumb casual fan and the person who looks deeper. but like to believe i am one of the more intellectual fans. im just saying chill. cool out. i know you dont do drugs. so take a bath listen to some jazz, get laid. something. but your mean comments to people on this forum as just as unwelcome (except to me and I am sure a few others) as the newbie posts. So for all the little guys out there why don't you erGO F | Uck yourself.

(eat me up for the erGo joke but i love it)

HexSintax
well backfire, judging from your last post, i can tell which matrix fan you are *cough* the average fan who only sees teh action and CANT comprehend the deep meanings written and directed by the Wachowski bros which can only be ruined by people like you, no offense of course :P

HexSintax
and btw, i dont really care if it is a trend, its still a good movie that will always have a place in my DVD collection. look at movies like Predator or Aliens (not a good example though) those are movies that were kick ass at the time and were trends, but theyre still classics, and like Tron, may make a comeback when youre the Elder wink

BackFire349
correction, I am not a matrix fan at all. Again, Deep meanings? You mean how Neo is a jesus like figure? please, there is no meanings in it, some people just over analize every stupid little punch and kick and monotone line in the movie as if they are going to find the meaning of life. It isn't true, and people will soon realize it.

If you want a good matrix reloaded synopsis, go here...

http://www.maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=matrix2

HexSintax
if youre no a matrix fan at all, why are you wasting your time, hoverring in the forums?? hmmm, very interesting...

BackFire349
because there is nothing else to do on the forums right now.

It's obvious that i am not a matrix fan, why would i be bashing the series if i were a fan. I do enjoy the first one, but i think reloaded was pretentious wannabe philisophical crap for wannabe quazi intelectuals with dumb "Emo" glasses.

HexSintax
i do agree, somewhat, about reloaded. it had potential, but that was lost during the rave/sex (sorta) scene

spydar1982
i do not agree at all with blackfire. but that site is too god damn funny. i believe that that it will not be a trend. Unless the third installment is a bigger let down than the previous. to me the original will always be a classic. and as far as the whole meaning things go. i dont know what he is thinking on that one. they are right there in your face. as my good friend joel silver would say "the brothers" put it right there in your face. look at the scence where neo is walking down Wo Ping ave and you see the paintings of buddha and Jesus at the flea market. "the brothers" do not speak much but i think this was their clever way of telling their fans. yes its true.

BackFire349
I just don't think a sequel was necessary, the first one would have been fine had it been left alone.

(Neo realizes he's the one and can defeat anyone, it insinuates everything else is going to go fine now that they have found Neo) the sequels were forced in order to capitolize on the popularity of the series.

HexSintax
they all wanted more money and maybe they wanted to give the fans more info about the DEEP MEANINGS OF TEH MATRIX

JediHDM
Well...now it all makes sense...why dont you go and start an RP thread, if you have "nothing else to do" before you piss off more people than just me.

oh, and spydar> im sorry if i vent every once in a while, i just get mad when newbs come in and talk about everything under the sun, which already has a pertinent thread, and they dont do a search, or look around before they post, and im not saying you did this, but every once in a while, i get pissed off, (usually by people like our friend backfire here) so i have to vent, and usually the easiest target is a newb...

BackFire349
You think the matrix is the first movies to deal with a christ like figure? You are out of your mind if you think that. Many many movies are actually hold some stupid little religious underlying message. The matrix just makes these messages obvious to the veiwer, probably because they realize that were they not glaringly obvious they would go right over the head of the average matrix fan.

HexSintax
you mean, the matrix wasnt the first movie to make a reference to a biblical character? no way, dude. its not what they did, its how they used it, and btw, JESUS is the very last deep meaning that anyone talks about in the matrix. thats the most obvious ones, its not just deep meanings, but deep thinking to get the idea of the matrix as a whole, you need to think about it.

BackFire349
The idea of the matrix was an overly complex version of 1984. A world controled by someone unkown. They just threw in some stupid robots and some monotone dialogue and trench coats.

BackFire349
and just to let you know, You are a newbie buddy.

JediHDM
NO, i know the matrix is not the first movie (or book, for that matter) to deal with Christ-like figures, however, ...What are you trying to say, i lost your relevance after reading that the Wachowskis tried to "dumb-down" the matrix for the "average joe shmoe"...

BackFire349
They made these religious symols extremely obvious so people would catch them, making them think that they cought something hidden or deep in the movie.

spydar1982
NO no one said that the Matrix was the first film to feature a Christ like figure. The reason (well my reason) people like the Matrix so much is because 1) Cool deep meanings. 2) Bad ass kung fu 3) They ran Linux code in reloaded for christs sake not some stupid ass fake 3D crap OS. 4) Bullet time. An effect today that no one still can replicate the feel of it they way the Matrix did. take all those elements combined with a shitty grim looking future and thats why the matrix is so cool.

BackFire349
Basically, what I'm saying, is that people act like the matrix is full of such deep meanings like no other movie ever made. When in reality, the only thing it's full of is crap.

JediHDM
AND WHATS A BETTER, MORE "PROFOUND" MOVIE, HUH?!?! IF YOU THINK "THE MATRIX" IS "SO HORRIBLE", GIVE YOUR "FAV MOVIE".

BackFire349
My favorite movies are...

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest
The Elephant Man
Last House on the Left
NeverEnding Story
Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead
Henry - Portrait of a serial killer
Irreversible
SpaceBalls
Paths of Glory
Cannibal Holocaust
Monsters Inc

Now, don't go and think I am saying all those movies have deep philosophical meanings, those are simply my favorites.

spydar1982
yes tell us. texas chainsaw massacre, house of a 1000 corpses. killer clowns from outer space.. wait wait i know.... the SCREAM TRILOGY, that will kick the Matrix trilogy's ass any day of the week!!!

BackFire349
a computer generated world that is used to keep the humans at bay while machines use us as batteries.... that is the meaning of the matrix...nothing more.

spydar1982
awww shit i wrote that before I could "reload" to read your post... Those movies couldn't touch the matrix with that pole neo used. i dont even know why i replied to that one...... move along you are wasting our time. I really thought you had something better than that. A few gems. but over all for all that shit you were talking i expected more.

BackFire349
Yep, that's about the jist of it

Also, I'm well aware of the sarcasm in the above statement, the problem is sarcasm is supposed to be used to say something that isn't actually true. Unlike this which stated teh truth without even knowing it.

BackFire349
Those movies are all far supperior to the craptrix, partly because they aren't a shame and don't pretend to be something they aren't.

One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest is one of the movies i was speaking of, it has a religious underlying message that many people believe is comparing the main chracter to jesus. The difference is that it doesn't rely on this aspect to be thought of as deep. The story, the acting, the characters, they are all simply on a completely different, better level then the matrix, all without gimmicky bullettime.

nickysan
why does it have the most posts ill tell you why.... THE MOVIE KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance eek!

rysdigital
BackFire> you're one of the dumb, average persons HexSintax described so accurately. smile i'm sorry to burst your bubble. oh, if you like THOSE movies, then the matrix really must be too high for you to reach. pretty much all of those are stories for kids (except for one flew ..) or girly feel-good-movies. go away, boy, we're on a different level here laughing out loud

Tired Hiker
The Original Muppet Movie. That was a deep flick.

BackFire349
Yeah, yet you're the one resorting to name calling on a 2nd grade level. That says loads about your own intelegence huh?

rysdigital
not at all, i merely quoted someone who analyzed the matrix' audience.

ps. it's INTELLIGENCE.

BackFire349
Also some irony in that statement, since the majority of the people I've met who love the matrix are themselves little pretentious kids who think they're so clever because they got the reference to jesus that the movie projected in an obvious manner.

If "getting" the matrix makes you so smart, then why are there so many high school drop outs and people with the grammer and punctuation of a 3rd grader that also "get it". Just cuz they over analyzed it. thats it, any movie can have deep meanings if you over analyze them enough.

Hell, I could say that Happy Gilmore was an entire metaphor for the holocaust, because he is rising agains the racism and prejudice of the golf league that is trying to kill him and everyone like him, that doesn't make it relevant and it certainly doesn't make me smart and deep. Just like you over analyzing neo pondering a spoon doesn't make you smart.

rysdigital
doesn't change the fact that you're just a troll with bad taste smile

o well, at least we can say the matrix made you feel better about yourself. that's great. hooray.

BackFire349
Oh, personal bashing, such brilliance coming from the so soo smart fanboys of the matrix.

Since you seem to be something of a newbie here on these forums, I should inform you that bashing and generic insults like that troll statement are not allowed on this board. They are frowned upon since they serve no legit purpose other then showing just how weak your argument really is.

You can't comment on the statement i made with any rational intellect, so you attack me personally, that is all it shows of you.

rysdigital
you got it the other way around, you're the one trolling here on the matrix forum.

open your eyes. and fyi, your statement was not that intelligent either. i never said 'getting the matrix' made you smart, i think no one ever did on these forums.

*you* are the one provoking people with your OPINION, which you are ignorantly claiming to be the TRUTH. (this makes you a troll) i've had enough of that smile

BackFire349
I am giving opinions on the MOVIES, I am in no way calling you names of any sort or any personal attacks. You can't defend you're movie in any way, so you insult me and anyone else who disagree's with your point of view.

This is the matrix forum, but that doesn't mean I can't come here and try to have a reational discussion or argument about the series (which i was doing before you came in with your "troll" remarks)

Anyways, if you can't defend you're movie in an argument, then there is no need to insult others for disagreeing with you. That will only get you banned from this site.

rysdigital
1) i have yet to insult you.
2) your only "argument" is 'fanboys are overanalyzing the movie'. so much for discussion.
3) it's "your movie".
4) bye bye.

BackFire349
sounds like a bash to me. Calling anyone a name of any sort is bashing, thought I'd clear that up for you.

BackFire349
No, my other argument was that matrix reloaded was pretentious and boring. The fights had no pay off, unless you count neo running away like a pansy a pay off.

rysdigital
you really believe this is intelligent arguing? i'm going to enlightenment you with a horrible truth:

if YOU say something, it doesn't automatically make it true.

that said, i rest my case. i won't bother to ridicule your other posts, i'll let everybody do this on their own. rational discussion, ha roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire349
Yes it's a rational argument, because no one can say it isn't true.

Also, Yes, I am always right, since you have yet to actually argue in an inteligent manner in favor of insinuating insults.

rysdigital
i called you a troll, that's what you get when you troll. thought I'd clear that up for you. i'm sure a moderator will agree with me and send you a nice little private message.

as for bashing/patronizing, you posted earlier that my postcount being lower than yours had some relevance. only one thing to reply to that -> laughing out loud

rysdigital
read my post again. i'll even clarify it. your opinion is not a valid argument in a discussion about whether a movie is good or not.

**** sake, why do i even bother. /ignore

JediHDM
Backfire> perhaps, that b/c you have been here for two years longer than i, in your eyes, i am a newbie, however, the first time i have seen you HERE is today, therefore, YOU are a newbie, and i wasn't refering to you ANYWAY, so quit taking everything i say as a personal offense to you. Also, i see no "proof" that the matrix is a bad or "overanalyzed" movie, except for "neo runs away like a pansy" and "theres a picture of Christ"...Hmmm, doesn't prove anything to me. Just seems you have no real proof at all, so you keep repeating the same thing over and over again in hopes that SOMEONE will recognize your "greatness" and "applaud you" for it...haha, well, i guess you should go to another forum for that, cause, here, we're fresh out. Bye Bye!!

BackFire349
It had relevence in that you may not know the exact rules of the forum.

Also, by troll i assume you mean disagreeing that the matrix is not deep. This is a forum for discussion and or bashing of a movie. As long as PERSONAL attacks don't come into play, what i did was allowed.

Feel free to get a mod in here and see how they feel about calling a member a troll when disagreeing with your views.

JediHDM
does ANYONE know the EXACT rules of this forum?! I mean, if they were POSTED somewhere, i could see that happening, however...

BackFire349
of course there is no proof, it's called an opinion. Something some of you people need to learn how to accept without calling people childish names.

Of course, your logic is flawed in thinking that i am a newbie. It simply does not make sense.

Also, I knew that you werent reffering to me, but you were reffering to someone else who has been here a month less then you. Wow, a whole month, that gives you infinite credibility. I simply said what i said because you are a newbie in most peoples eyes as well.

Korri
it has the most posts because i am here laughing

no really though....there is so much to be discussed

the matrix films have alot of hidden meaning unlike Harry Potter etc

JediHDM
watch out, Korri, or someones gonna start telling YOU that the Matrix sux...

Korri
huh??

dave123
harry potter has a lot of hidden meaning, how did they get that many people to go watch it? (myself not included big grin)

Korri
oh the harry potter fans already h8 me

dave123
i'll go add myself to their hit-lists later, i'm sure some of dryden's pics will have the right effect big grin

Korri
i dont h8 harry potter....they misunderstood what i ment

JediHDM
i despise HP, cant stand it...me and my friends say they lace the pages with crack, thats why all the kids and adults like them so much...haha

Ushgarak
Ok, we can certainly dispense with this ridiculous argument over the merits of the films which is seriously off-topic.

And BF, I agree with others that your comments were certainly those designed to invite flames

"but i think reloaded was pretentious wannabe philisophical crap for wannabe quazi intelectuals with dumb "Emo" glasses."

Trolling- it insults everyone who likes the film, despite your protests to the contrary. Do NOT do it, BF- your contempt for fans of the franchise does not impress me.

Meanwhile... seems we have a counting problem- the SW areas have MORE posts. You don;t want to think about what they will be like a year and half from now when the next SW film comes.

Matrix is VERY hot property right now, and it has things that can be discussed FAR more than, say, LOTR (where we know everything that will happen anyway- because of the books. We can hardly have a 'what will happen to Aragorn' thread that lasts more than five posts before a definitve answer).

But on top of that, regardless of what BF thinks, the concepts in the films are deeper and involve more lengthy discussion.

Simple as that.

miggfl
I've noticed BackFire349 is posting like every 4 minutes..... On a board for a movie that he isn't even a fan of.

God it must suck to have that little of a life.

Ushgarak
Sigh... I was TRYING to draw a line under that. Cut it out.

JediHDM
HIP HIP HOORAY!! HIP HIP HOORAY!! YEAH, USH!! WHOOhoo!!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/thumbup.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clap.gif

Dryden
BF-"the sequels were forced in order to capitolize on the popularity of the series"

this was a statement he said about matrix...but it seems he WOULD know what thats all about considering any horror movie with a sequel is just that.

I think we can all just ignore him from this point on, since he is TRYING to get arise out of us and have fun doing it. It doesnt matter what he says, its his opinion. So lets just say ADIOS! Can we please just ignore his posts from this point on?

JediHDM
heres an idea, put him on your "ignore" list, like i did!!

dave123
i never knew we had we one of those!!!!!

he'll just make a new name and reutrn if he's that sad

JediHDM
no, i dont think he's gonna want to lose his "seniority" as he's been here two years...

dave123

dave123
y cant i delete my own posts?

Dryden
yeah, thats pretty much were he gets his "ego" from....

OOOO OOOO I GOT LOTS OF POSTS OOOOO

JediHDM
HAHAHA,,,

burlyman
an ego virus? smile

clavis9495
Yeah I agree burlyman

MR BACKFIRE> perhaps someone calling you a troll has to do with their opinion. So I and almost all the other people on this forum should ask you to respect rys' opinion. It's what you said yourself. For some people burning off the matrix movies is a personal offence so if I were you I'd better shut my mouth. Also I don't don't know why you think the matrix movies are crap cause you don't have a real reason or argument. You should respect people that do like to try to find something behind a movie! I think the reason why you don't like the matrix series is because you are simply to thick to understand them!

dave123
as he said b4, he only likes perspherone

wanker

clavis9495
yeah I'm gonna report him for insulting this forum by beating the crap out of it and giving arguments like I've been a member longer so have more power (DICTATOR)

BackFire349
Learn to read fellas.

Dryden
learn to obey it...BUD

dave123
BF no one here likes you, take a hint

Dryden
hey its nice putting him on the ignore list..i didnt know it actually doesnt show his posts...thats funny. You guys should do the same.

dave123
i COULD ignore him, but then i wouldnt be able to argue with him sad

clavis9495
those cell phone games are hilarious<=====now we know what he's really interested in!!! ppppffff

dave123
"the dead will walk"
what kinda status thingy is that?

yerssot
SW has (currently) 71,738
that's still more then The Matrix
so... it doesn't double it at all!

and if you look at only EpIII that's quite stupid comparing three movies to one in post-order

if you do 3 vs 3, SW (New Trilogy) is still WAY ahead of the matrix

Kes
yerss is getting defensive stick out tongue

HexSintax
ok guys, just leave backfire alone, yeah i insulted him and his buddies a few in the beginning, then i sadly read the entire thread and realized, we're picking on his opinion. we shouldnt care if he's wasting his time here, lets not care about him and let him state his opinion, even though we may not want to hear it, but he has the right to insult the matrix in any way, we may not feel the same way, but we still wont be able to change his mind on teh matrix....

BackFire349
No, feel free to continue issuing your petty insults at me. It only proves to me that i was completely right about what i said, for if i wasn't, why would you all care oh so much?

clavis9495
We care when people are wrong to you know that it why we are trying to educate you into being someone a bit less thick so technically we are being nice to you and trying to turn you into a human being and outa tha troll lifestyle. So don't mess with us.

AliasNeo15
geez, i make this post two days ago. i come back, and u people hav gone through a heated argument about how maybe its for nerds, maybe its only for smart people and hey, maybe everyone should like it but no one will accept it becus theyre afraid they would be looked at differently. I dont care about it. I just wanted an answer. Pretty crazy how this retarded post got so many repliesbig grin

forumcrew
ah internet arguing.. no where else can you find more intelligent people..

badkittykitty
Bhah...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tv_horror.gif

dragonpisces272
haha yeah, its always the opinion that gets us all the time. I mean, sure we suppose to have these once in a while, but sometimes it just goes on and on... wacko

AliasNeo15
so pretty much, this is a place to kiss and make-up. JK. Im just saying dont tell anyone wut they are cus how much they know about a movie. Maybe they just think the concept is awesome and it is the movie that they can connect withthumb up

yerssot
just stating the truth stick out tongue
or you have a problem with that? mad JK! smilewink

oh, and if you start about it maybe being for nerds...

it IS for nerds, like starwars, star trek and multiple other things, well, almost everything is messed

Ushgarak
BF is right- I asked people to draw a line under this.

Stop going on at Backfire or any related problem of opinion. The ONLY thing I want discussed here is the subject- whilst it is literally erroneous as Star Wars has more, the topic is still why Matrix gets so many posts.

Frankly I do not think there is much more to be said on that. It is a currently active franchise, has a ton of unanswered plot questions and touches upon deep topics. Can anyone think of any more?

Verity
Visually ground breaking, cool soundtracks, fashion influence. Hmmm....just trying to think of more stuff....For me, also the presence of Keanu Reeves in it! wink stick out tongue

Ushgarak
That would just explain why it is popular. ALL the franchises here are popular- LOTR more so than Matrix, for example- that doesn't explain the posts.

AliasNeo15
i think that the Matrix attracts younger people. the older ones respect LOTR becus they know exactly wut is going on cus they probaly read the books already.

Verity
Well if it's just about the posts, then it draws u to examine urself and ur life in general. The Matrix stories, not just the trilogy, impose the question(s) of choice, and are we living our lives the way we are supposed to? smile

Ushgarak
Yup, pretty much what I meant when I said it involved deeper subjects.

AliasNeo15
yup, sounds like this question i had has been answeredthumb up

AliasNeo15
yup, sounds like this question i had has been answeredthumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.