Why!?! How!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

realworlddreams
Ok, i have no idea if this has come up b4, but i wanna know, HOW ON EARTH DID MORPHEUS EVEN THINK OF NEO AS THE ONE??!!!?? WHAT PROOF IS THERE FROM HIS PAST THAT SUGGESTS SUCH A THING?? THE IDEA THAT HE'S A COMPUTER HACKER? HMM, WELL, TRINITY WAS A HACKER, BUT SHES NOT THE ONE!?! SUMONE FIND SOME SHRED OF PROOF TO SUGGEST Y NEO WAZ CHOSEN AS THE ONE! CUZ I THINK MORPHEUS IS JUST KINDA GUESSIN AFTER WATCHIN THAT SCENE FROM M1 "i did what i did becuase, i believe that search is over." HOW DID U EVEN START LOOKING AT NEO IN THE FIRST PLACE PERSON??
sry, i jus wanna know really bad.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/ranting.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/wallbash.gif
ps: if this is discussed already pleeze put a link so i can read.

GABRIEL05
You gotta point B. I have no clue myself. I can't even begin to speculate.

spydar1982
Just a guess here. But maybe the oracle told him he would just know. Just like she told Neo being the one is like being in love you just know... or something like that....

HexSintax
ok, Morpheus has been searching for years. The Neb. crew have been tested and Morpheus knows that any of them cannot be The One. You have to remember, they can hack into the matrix, decipher code, and pick out the people who are doing what, such as searching for Morpheus, and info about the matrix. The One was born into the matrix and has some curriosity about the matrix so he picks of certain people, and talks to the Oracle and she tells him things and gives him hints, and so he finds Neo.

JediHDM
Neo is a hacker, and because of this the team can track him, find out how he works, how he thinks, how he functions...Just because it doesn't SAY in the movie how, Doesn't mean it isn't there...Neo was creative in his hacking, so much so that he had "customers" come to him for, perhaps, hacks and or codes to certain "places", such as banks, etc...The way that Neo does this, would lead one to believe that perhaps he is the One...Just as everyone writes code differently, perhaps the way the one codes is always the same, so when they find someone that codes in a particular style, they know, or think they know, as it is possible that someone else codes in that particular way...That is my idea at least, and i know you are gonna tear it apart, so...Have at it.

burlyman
well morpheus had already freed five other potentials, who turned out not to be the one. cypher was one of them. trinity didnt love him.
everything the oracle told me, has come true, everything but this..

Sifer
Because Morpheus was *gasp* brainwashed?

dave123
thats what i was gonna say, the oracle lead him to Neo

realworlddreams
aight, but there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that even as a hacker NEO had any "Powers" just that he heard of this thing called the matrix n wanted to find out what it is. Just like most hackers, he prolly worked more for curiosity an information, yeah, i know he sold programs an stuff for side money, but hey, workin at metacortex didnt help him much did it? anyway, my point is that even NEO didnt have any clue as to what being the one meant, so how would morpheus, n those other five were never called potentials, n anyway, thats just a front, cuz even the oracle knew from the beginning that NEO was the one, but she cant tell anyone a straight answer, SHE DIDNT SAY "morpheus, Thomas A. Anderson, AKA NEO, is the ONE" i really doubt that, so i jus had to hear sumthin, but i dont think anyone ever can hit this on the head totallly anyway, so dont worry about it unless theres some proof i didnt see before

dave123
if she says "you're the one" then things come out differently

like, if she said "you will knock over that vase" then he wouldnt have

she doesnt really predict anything (well, she does...) but instead makes them do stuff by saying certain things

realworlddreams
she uses kinda revers psychology on everyone

u think know, but u do not...
u were told to come n u did like the dogs u are...

Dryden
she never says to do something...she only talks about consequences, or what has already transpired.

She only tells you what you "need" to hear...not exactly what you're asking her for.

Morpheus picked neo just liek he did any other of the people before him...he had a hunch...thats it.

Remeber what the oracle also said.....the path to one is lead by many.

What if somoene came up to you and said they're Jesus...would you believe them? probably not....but over time you may grow to believe it, much like everything the oralce tells them. It is information that they can perceive how ever they want, but in the end the message is still there plain as day.

Morpheus has always been the religious one when it comes to the Prophecy, and I think it just comes down to having a hunch after watching neo for awhile like JEdi said.

dave123
Remeber what the oracle also said.....the path to one is lead by many. wasnt it made by many or something?

HexSintax
no no no, the oracle cant tell anyone anything BECAUSE SHE IS A PROGRAM!! it even says so in Reloaded. we dont know yet, who she is working for the machines or the rebels. she cant just tell anyone anything, because im sure she is programmed to tell the rebels certain things....hmmm

RicePicker
its a conspiracy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.