Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sifer
The Path to Truth:

1. SEEKING after Truth
2. AWARENESS of Truth (and it's existence)
3. PERCEPTION of Truth (it's substance and direction - like the perception of movement)
4. UNDERSTANDING of Truth (A first rate philosopher practices it to understand it - TAO)
5. EXPERIENCING of Truth
6. MASTERING of Truth
7. FORGETTING Truth
8. FORGETTING the Carrier of Truth
9.RETURN to the Primal SOURCE where Truth has it's roots.
10. REPOSE IN THE NOTHING

I highly recommend this book by Bruce Lee. (Subject = Title of Book).

dave123
http://www.dj-fuchs.com/miscpics/forumpics/bunny.jpg

Korri
Llaughing out loudL

burlyman
i understand what hes trying to say

Sifer
That was relevant - errrr, not. Keep on topic please smile

dave123
me and the bunny are baffled <.>

Korri
just aswell it wasnt pure white blink

SimplePriest
LOL oh my goodness...

But yes sifer, that's a good point (from a Good book). Interesting...

SimplePriest
... but I don't get 7,8, or 10. Can you explain those ones please...

JediHDM
in order to be one with truth, you must forget about it, in order to understand it better, or something like that

burlyman
..neo forgetting his powers in limbo ??...
as omega suggested

Dryden
not necessarily forgetting, but perhaps not having to "think" about it to use them probably. Like driving a stick shift, listening to the radio, and having a conversation with someone. You're doing all these things that at one time took much thought or attention, but now are "forgotten" but easily accomplished.

Tieing your shoes,

taking a shower

etc...

neo's super powers? etc

tshirt
Why does that hamster have a beret on its head?

dave123
its a BUNNY with a PANCAKE!

SimplePriest
ROFLMBO again!!!

The Omega

dragonpisces272
hehe...well, that pathway to truth thing was confusing, but is it considered buddhism? (puts pancake on head with bunny)

ragesRemorse
basically what bruce Lee is saying or trying to prove is that there is no need for a singler style of martial arts. Bruce diddnt believe in style. This is what his basis for the development of " Jeet kune do" was. In research on how to prove this ,he found it did not only apply to martial arts, but life in general. There is no set style of martial arts, and there is no set perception in life. one style of martial arts called for a certain mind set "perception" This was the relation he found. This pushed him to write the tao of jeet kune do, and gain his findings and thoughts into a kind of philosophy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.