Zion Questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tshirt

Dryden
I am guessing they dont know much of anything about it.

If they rebuilt Zion I would guess it would be easier to wipe them out and start clean, who knows....that a good question!

burlyman
there are 12 council members, half of 24.

how many disciples were there?

tshirt
Okay, I see 12. Maybe they are the ones that lived. Maybe they have nothing to do with the original members.

Either way, how do they not know some of the story of the "One" before Neo?

dave123
becasue the previous One would have had to select them, assuming they are the original ones selected

burlyman
hamann (slept) was in the matrix for the first 11 years of his life
if that fits in anywhere

dave123
hmm, well if the matrixes are 100 years old, and he was freed at 11, and he then he must be 111 assuming each matrix will last 100 years

old git

Cowboyography
This was one of my concerns, lets take a real example Tank/Dozer, Both claim to be born free of the Matrix, no plugs Etc,,,,, So do they know there parents and grandparents because a granparent would have been alive right around the time of the 6th reset. sure you could say mabey that both there parents were freed or didnt exept the Matrix, but it couldnt be that way for every single person right? and 24 people to populate that big of a place......Lots of Inbreeding, mabey thats wht Zioninst are so wierd..........I got side tracked there at the end but you see what I am saying? yes

dave123
were more women than men picked? cos that way there wouldnt necessarily be inbreeding, just a lot of half brothers/sisters

burlyman
morpheus remembers that for 100 years they have fought these machines

doesnt mean thats how long this zion has been around for

dave123
as neo says:
either no one told me
or no one knew - most people wouldnt have known.

thingy man (the leader dude) says "i dont know why u do what u do, but theres a reason" - he doesnt know what the one has to do, and wasnt one of the original people.

also, would u choose an 11 yr old to repopulate???

burlyman
they have to free a mind before it reaches a certain age, morpheus freed neo at because he believed he had too

hamann - thats his name
the freed people might not understand HOW he can do the things, but they would know WHY

dave123
how comes we hardly see any kids in zion then??? (there must be a scne i'm forgetting)

burlyman
erm, cus there at play school?

dave123
i suppose that make sense in some odd way....

anyway, if only young ppl are freed, we ar relying on (just say) 20-odd 13 year olds to fight some machines, build a city, making hovercraft, computers and freeing peoples minds!

burlyman
the kid (michael popper) is almost old enough to join a ship crew

i guess the ages of freed people are like 10 -25

dave123
what made you think of 25?

btw, how old was neo when he was freed

burlyman
i dunno, seems kind of young to me. might not have much trouble letting go.

clavis9495
he was older that's what morph said couse he said that it was a bit hard to free someone that old so I think he must be bout 33 (Like that's the age jesus died) SMART HUH!!!

dave123
hmm, so 33 is (normally) too old

so we can logically say that 11-30 MAY be acceptable, i'll stick with anything up to mid 20's

Elite13
The current inhabitants have been around a lot longer then 100 years. Look at how many people are in Zion! Not all of them can be unplug. Doesn't Morpheus say something like their are 10,000 machines digging to Zion, one for each inhabitant? I do not know the exact number he says but it is a lot.

audioheem
Remember, the previous Ones chose the 23 people to repopulate Zion and then they did so. There is nothing to say that after he chose them, he stuck around or that he or they knew he was the One. After being chosen, they wouldn't have memory of their last life coz that'd just be catastrophic coz they'd realise it was a loop. He prophesized his return and that's how the prophecy was handed down. People may have known him but Morpheus says they have fought the machines for 100 years. The machines after the last reload would have given time for a rebuild of Zion before they may have attacked again so it's more than 100 years.

audioheem
250,000 machines. One for every man, woman and child in Zion. Sounds like the thinking of a machine to me.

dave123
after choosing, the one is deleted, i think

Dryden
makes sense, perhaps they never even MET the one, maybe he just "set" them free and awoke them...and they then built zion slowly but surely.

Zion was supposed to be destroyed after the reload...so who's to know if there was one before them, they wouldnt have any record of it.

The Omega

realworlddreams
not racist, but is it just me or did a LOT of people in ZION look black? a lot of black actors in the movie, hmm, but the architect was WAY WHITE!, i ono, maybe sumthin, or nuthin

JediHDM
most people in the Matrix are white, whereas most in Zion are black...Hmm, maybe they are the most willing to accept that the world is not real, perhaps because they don't live the life of luxury, but are rather oppressed in everyday life, so they come to see the falsehood...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.