Grand Admirals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi212guy
Does anyone know the names of the 12 Grand Admirals? The only one that I ever read about was Thrawn. Are there any books that tell the stories of the other 11?

JediOasis
Well, from what we learned in Heir to the Empire all the others were captured by the New Republic that is why everyone was so surprised to see Thrawn out and about.

Edna_witch
Well these are the ones I have heard of.

Grand Admiral Tigellinus
Grand Admiral Synn
Grand Admiral Grunger
Grand Admiral Pitta
Grand Admiral Takel
Grand Admiral Il-Raz
Grand Admiral Makati
Grand Admiral Batch
Grand Admiral Grant
Grand Admiral Thrawn
And I dont know if Zaarin was legitimate or not!

However there must me more as there should be thirteen. Or was it twelve?

Ushgarak
Zaarin is too pathetic to count...

Edna_witch
I know I dont think he was legit. He always wore an Imperial Grand Admirals uniform complete with insignia but I dont think he was actually an Admiral. He was a traitor anyway! I dont thin he counts so we are still missing a few! Anyone else acre to contribute to the list? Ive done my part!

Darth Ninja
Zaarin's admiral rank was never established in the TIE Fighter games. An EU source said he was Grand Admiral, when Thrawn was a Vice-Admiral. I forgot how Zaarin was killed. I liked the way Darth Vader executed Admiral Harkov.

Ushgarak
Zaarin blew humself up trying to go into hyperspace with a cloaked vessel.

Edna_witch
Sounds like the kind of stupid thing he would do!

Ushgarak
Rather like destroying the manufacturing capacities of the Empire, really. A forward thinking man, he really was, I DON'T think.

Darth Ninja
I was very angry when Zaarin blew up the TIE Defender factory. The TIE Defender was so cool.

Ushgarak
It was... though to be honest, it had no justification existing, it was FAR too powerful...

ratcat
Too powerful for a TIE or to powerful for a Starfighter?

Ushgarak
Well, both, I feel. I mean, the TIE Advanced in that game was stonkingly good, and then to have something BETTER...

I like the generally accepted EU idea where the Interceptor is top dog for the Empire.

Still, good for a game, though. Until they came up with the Missile Boat, was was just the stupidest thing...

Admiral Halsey
Ah!
Searching the web he finds a tread of interest, and joins the forums to post on it!

I used to know the names of all the Grand admirals, but that was a while again, Zaarin was A Grand Admiral, but only for a short time, and the I know what Happened to most of them.

5 where locked in there rooms on the Death Star two when it blew, One was in charge for a while after, before he was killed on his flagship,
We all know what happened to Thrawn,
Another is still alive after he handed himself into the NR, in excahge for his life, One rebled and the empore had him killed...

I've forgotten what happened to the rest of them,
Its all noted down in a book called the essental star wars conronolgy.

Oh, and I can't spell.
The reason I know all this crap, is becuase I'm writeing a book, for Star wars, and have to keep track of silly details,
its called once and once again, and It'll be out sometime next year perhaps...
Starring Thrawn!

Yours,
Halsey,
Admiral of the Imperial Navy,

Julie
find an old Sw insider...one of them has a who's who on Grand Admirals....er maybe it wa Gamer

JediOasis
I believe that Pellaeon(sp?) has become a Grand Admiral since the start of the NJO.

Bespin Bart
Hmm...dunno about that...

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Tigellinus

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Grunger

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Pitta

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Takel

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Il-Raz

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Makati

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Batch

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Grant

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Zaarin

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Syn

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Teshik

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Declann

Bespin Bart
Grand Admiral Thrawn

SlayerChick1188
NICE pics!

Captain REX
Joe Corroney made those, he's good. I nearly had him draw some of the Star Wars RPG characters for me, but I was flat broke and he said something about prices...

Anyway, here's the list then...

Grand Admiral Tigellinus
Grand Admiral Syn
Grand Admiral Grunger
Grand Admiral Pitta
Grand Admiral Takel
Grand Admiral Il-Raz
Grand Admiral Makati
Grand Admiral Batch
Grand Admiral Grant
Grand Admiral Zaarin
Grand Admiral Teshik
Grand Admiral Declann
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Dirty Vader
They don't look like much for Grand Admirals. Thrawn is by far the coolest.

Captain REX
I wonder what the hell happened to Teshik to make him all cybernetic covered and such... messed

Well, they are Grand Admirals, each of them. Thrawn looks cool anyway, he's got blue skin and red eyes! big grin

WJTW
Eh, I am just curious. How come Zaarin wasn't wearing a Grand Admiral's uniform in X-Wing Alliance?

I am not totally sure about the chronology, so, pardon me if this sound like a silly question.

WJTW

Julie
grand admirals......all crazy

Captain REX
And, of course, Thrawn is the last one standing.

mim cloudwater
sup all,
nice list for grand Admirals few people i know actually know them, although there have been various self appointed "grand admirals" after the collapse of the empire and capture/ death of the actual GA's .
also to note i know nothing of GA Zaarin since i dont play SW Games much, but since there is no conflicting evidence by movie book or comic i guess he can be let exist in the expanded universe, but you guys need to now that the games are meant for entertainment and many game story things are written by people who know squat about SW, like in one game Anikan had to destroy a "force harvester"...yeh force harvester my ass. but since there is conflicting evidence i cant say anything against Zaarin. also GM tesik was portrayed a bit different in the comics.
also Palleon wouldnt disgrace himself anointing himself GrandAdmiral until he though he could almost begin to rival the military genius of thrawn his former "teacher" of a sort

Julie
Palleon's cool.....

Insane Monk
I remember that Grant defected and retired, and Il-Raz went insane and died. Grant was the only one to survive the wars.

Gen. Grievous
Pallaeon was a Grand Admiral the moffs elevated him to grand admiral after he ended the galactic civil war.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.