O.K. um...how come Anakin is wearing that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IGOTMYBEAT
Does anyone know why he's wearing the red and blue thing?

Darth Daft
What are you reffering to? A select pic?

IGOTMYBEAT
Remember? The picture where Anakin is running? And you can see a camera man in the corner? But everything else is blurred?

And he's wearing a marroon and blue outfit?

Darth Daft
I'm sure that's just his new outfit or something that he'll be wearing in the film. It just looks like a typical Jedi costume if you ask me.

IGOTMYBEAT
Typical?

We've never seen Obi-Wan from ANH, Yoda, Luke, Obi-Wan from TPM, Qui-Gon, anybody on the Jedi council in the movies or in any leaked pictures ever wear anything like that.

It looks to me like what the Republic pilots wear.

The reason I'm asking is if it IS a pilot suit...what's Anakin doing flying around so early in the movie?

Supposedly that's the chase scene thru Coruscant that picture is portraying. We also saw Anakin wearing the same thing in the nightclub picture. And supposedly that stuff takes place earlier on in the movie.

queeq
Maybe it's some kind of disguise for the nightclub scene. Anakin wears several outfits in the movie. I've seen him in the Jedi outfit and another one when he's with Padme. I've also seen him wearing a white poncho.

queeq abides

theEviljedi
It's either his Clone Wars uniform,his wedding outfit,or his trials outfit.

Darth Gehenna
I like the idea that it's a Republic pilot's outfit.

queeq
It's not his wedding outfit. I saw him in spy pics together with Padme and she didn't look like a bride in those.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Several different pics have shown that outfit, including a recent Select.

Interestingly, and I KNOW this is EU, but bin the book I JEDI the uniform of Jedi Corran Horn is described and it sounds VERY similar to the one we are seeing Anakin in now.

Also, the only Jedi we have really seen have been OB1, QGJ and the council. What about the other 9986 jedi.....

IGOTMYBEAT
Point well taken but that's still 16 for 16 Jedi never wearing that uniform so the uni Ani's wearing isn't typical. Looks like what the republic pilots wear though...I dunno...

Ratcat
Could be, but even with 16 for 16 they have all been in similar roles. The council in their chamber, QGJ and OB1 on a diplomatic mission. Not sure where you got the other two from but the roles would be consistent with an official dress uniform.

Strange that we would see OB1 battleing JF in it though. Also, look at Mundi, he wears something different.

IGOTMYBEAT
Well I counted Obi-Wan and Yoda from ANH because it was a different situation than the diplomatic mission.

queeq
Anakin is wearing it on the 'riverboat'-ride and when they are in Dex's diner as far as I know. That's were he and OB1 are supposed to be incognito. Maybe Anakin didn't change his outfit when he hastily leaves for Tatooine or Naboo.

queeq abides

Ratcat

IGOTMYBEAT
Well ofcourse Padme gets costume changes but there's got to be some significance to the plot for Anakin to be wearing that thing because we only see the Jedi wearing Jedi robes (so far)...even Mace Windu on Geonosis is only wearing Jedi robes...no armor, no nothing...when Obi-Wan battles Jango Fett, jedi robes...Obi-Wan on Tattooine, Jedi robes...all the Jedi at qui-gon's FUNERAL...STILL only jedi robes...

So it's somewhat significant for Anakin to be wearing something different. I mean it looks like a republic pilot suit...so if it is...it could mean he's in a ship early in the movie, it could mean he's disguised as an ordinary pilot flying Padme's ship because they were EXPECTING an assassination attempt...it could mean he was flying for no reason...

Ratcat
I wouldn't hold much out for costume hints on the storyboards. If you look at all the Jango images, they are actually based on the Boba fett armour. Check out the big dent on the helmet of Jango and then look at Boba in ESB and ROTJ.

IGOTMYBEAT
But in the Jango/Obi-Wan scene we saw from the select he MIGHT have been wearing Jedi robes and we also saw the picture of Obi-Wan lying on the ground seemingly in pain wearing Jedi robes and we saw the pic of Ewan's stuntdouble possibly acting out a scene from the Jango/Obi-Wan scene in front of the GREEN SCREEN wearing only Jedi robes and we see Ewan McGregor on the set only wearing Jedi robes...

And the only pic from Ep II we saw of Mace Windu he is wearing Jedi robes, standing beside Obi-Wan, who is ALSO wearing Jedi robes.

Jedimaster3838
I think that its just another type Jedi uniform. I've read somewhere that Obi-Wan wears the tradional Jedi robes and I'd guess that all the Council members would wear the tradional robes. Maybe Anakin is just wearing a new type or something. I mean, although Luke wasn't a real Jedi until the end he never woar a robe, but he saw what Obi-Wan and Yoda were wearing.

Ratcat
IGMB, I know what you're saying. It was reallyt a general comment on the storyboards themselves. As you point out there has been so many other views of OB1.

What I would say is the the costume of OB1 in Ep1/2 is different to the OB1 of Ep4.

IGOTMYBEAT
I bet they'll make Anakin action figures you can change just like they used to do to Barbie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.