The death of Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ratcat
JediOasis
Jedi Padawan
(3/21/01 1:50:13 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All The death of Luke Skywalker
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When does everybody think that Luke will eventually perish? Many are predicting that he will meet his ultimate demise at the end of the NJO series, but I don't think so anymore. Someone will make a final sacrifice, but I think that'll be Han and Leia in the Falcon...."I love you," "I know,-The last words of Han and Leia Solo. But anyways, Luke isn't the lone Jedi who has no one to look after anymore. He is married and is about to have his first child, so he can't just go off at the first sign of danger, something we have already seen in the NJO. That being said how wil he die? I think a new Sith will along after the NJO, maybe even his son eventually, and the Sith kills Luke and the twins and Anakin bring him back or kill him. Either way, I don't think the Vong will be the end of Luke, just MHO.
"Are you feeling stupid? I know I am,"-Homer J. Simpson

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(3/21/01 6:37:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No they cant kill off Luke. They could kill off anyone but Luke. It just isnt gonna happen. But if they did then I guess they would have to bring him back in an Obi-wan Kenobi stylie! And have some young Jedi take his role with the ghost of luke being his mentor. Or something stupid like that!

JediOasis
Jedi Knight
(3/21/01 8:46:30 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: ...
Luke can't live forever. All I know is that it will be a sad sad day when I read about his death.

Edna witch
Jedi Padawan
(3/21/01 11:21:28 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Oh trust me, writers these days can be very creative when they want to be. Im sure they could come up with some way to make him live forever. Even if it is some kind of weird punishment for him for something he does in the future. They could make it happen if they really wanted to!

JediOasis
Jedi Knight
(3/22/01 3:21:11 am)
While I do think that Luke will eventually die I always wondered what Yoda meant when Luke told him he couldn't die and Yoda said "Strong am I in the Force, but not that strong...." Does that mean someone strong enough in the Force could live forever?

Xizor
Jedi Council Member
(4/3/01 2:00:51 am)
Well, If Luke has to die, what better way then in saving the galaxy from a dark side force(I agree that it cn't be the Vong). I don't think it would be all that bad if a trilogy comes out in which Luke dies in the first intallment and then his ghost guides Anakin or his son in the next 2.
Xizor

To contend with Xizor is to lose.....never forget that.

Admiral Kettch
Jedi Padawan
(4/4/01 2:52:26 am)
I wouldn't read so much into Yoda's statement. I just see it has him ridiculing Luke, and not meaning that a jedi could live forever.

I still think Luke can die in the NJO, I've got a nice theory on how a dark jedi can be introduced into the series into the series.

Admiral Kettch

Darth Ninja
As I stated in the old board, Luke should've been killed in The New Rebellion. That post was closed because everyone got angry at me. Luke is going to die sometime soon, since he's getting older every day.

JediOasis
Well, he is only in his 40's. And now with his kid about to be born in the next book I think Luke will live for a while now, at least 10-15 more years. Maybe he'll eventually die bringing his son back from the dark side. It would be cool to see his son become a Sith Lord and Luke brings him back. It would just be kinda ironic.

Darth Ninja
If you keep fighting ith Lords eventually you will get killed. In Tales Of The Jedi, we kept seeing newer Jedi, because the older ones kept getting killed off. Luke Skywalker, Tott Doneeta, Nomi Sunrider, and Master Thon are the only Jedi who haven't gotten killed (yet).

darth fester
i never liked luke

remember when he first met yoda

if i was yoda i would have told him to **** off

JediOasis
How can you not like Luke? He is the Star Wars saga.

ratcat
NO he isn't, ANAKIN is. George Lucas said so.

That whole "The Adventures of Luke Skywalker" thing got dropped agaes ago.

OK, steps off of soap box... laughing out loud

JediOasis
Ahem....so far Luke is the saga. We wouldn't be Star Wars fans if it wasn't for Luke. He is the main guy from the OT. Lucas can say what he wants, but the OT is centered around Luke.

darth fester
but luke had so much rage inside and he always doupted every thing he was told

and he was always getting hurt

geeeeeez the guy was a weak wusssss
and vader should have kicked his asssss

JediOasis
Vader triend, Luke was just stronger. Anakin may be the choosen one that doesn't mean he has to be stronger in the Force, look at Obi-Wan he whips Anakin in EP III. Plus Luke did what Vader couldn't do, he faced down the darkside and came back before he did anything stupid.

Darth Ninja
I'm kinda indifferent towards Luke Skywalker. There are qualities I like about him and there are qualities I don't like about him.

ratcat
But in the grand scheme Star Wars is about the rise, fall and ultimate redemption of Anakin.

Like it or not, George has stated that the complete saga is Anakins story.

Zereil
As to Lukes death I'd like to see him as a grumpy old man like Yoda. Having luke look back on how he was back then now that would be interesting. He'd probably try to forget his teenage period, and the just meeting girls bit, particularly if we consider Splinter of the Minds eye in any of the equation... Anyway Luke is good but like anyone could on occasion be a bit of an a$$

Kwenn
Vader didn't want to kick his a$$ because he was his father. In ESB, he was dueling one-handed, as if he wasn't even trying.

No-one lives forever. Boba Fett's cool, but he died in the Sarlacc (according to Lucas). I hope Skywalker dies, but only against a Sith. But not a cloned Emperor. That'd undermine everything Vader did.

KDawg
I hope that Luke doesn't die anytime soon. The story as it is now in EU revolves around him and the Solo kids. But it is mainly Luke. We already had Chewy die on us in NJO let's hope that is enough dead main characters for now.

Ratcat
There is rumour of another death very soon.

KDawg
embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Ratcat
Yep, but no one knows who yet. Lando was a possibility, but I don't think that would have the impact of Chewies death.

KDawg
Lando is a good character but nowhere near lovable Chewbacca.

yerssot
In Belgium, there aren't many books of StarWars, last year the trilogy of Timothy Zhan and Rogue Planet, so I can't follow. But can you tell me one thing? How did Chuwie died?? (please say that he was trying to save Han; so his lifedebt is payed!!)

LanceWindu
Chewy was saving a whole bunch of people on a doomed planet. The last person he saved was Jacen Solo. The planet's moon was being draggedout of space by a monster created by the YV. The moon crashed into the planet thus killing Chewbacca.

R.I.P. Chewy.

yerssot
So he died nobebly!!!
AND paying of his old life-debt, I love it!!

jedi212guy
Who counts as a major character? One from the books or from the movies? If it's just the movies, then it's just Luke, Leia, Han, and the droids. Did I forget anyone? Any other options?

JediOasis
I'd say in the NJO major characters include:
Luke
Han
Leia
Lando
Mara
Jacen
Jaina
Anakin Solo(My guess as the next one to bite the dust)
The Droids
Kyp Durron
Corran Horn
Ben Skywalker(newest edition)
Warmaster Lah
Nom Anor

LanceWindu
I'm saying that one of the droids is going to be destroyed.

yerssot
Is anything known now?

JediOasis
Some characters are confirmed to be in later books, so they can be ruled out. They include: Luke, Mara, Han, Leia, Lando, Wedge, and Jaina. Anyone else is game to bite the dust.

yerssot
Only one of the tree children? eek!

Bo-Eee
can someone list the books in order please

ToMacco
I've asked for that too, but everyone is too stubern. Answer us, dammit!mad mad mad mad mad . . . pleasesmile

Tyson
which anakin u talkin bout vader or solo?

yerssot
solo,

and To, PLEASE; I don't check this section often because I don't know much about the eu, but I know that there are 3 posts somewhere that give that list, don't know where but it won't hurt if you started looking for them yourself... please smile

ToMacco
I'm not trying to be a thorn in your shoe yers, I just havn't seen it anywhere.

yerssot
Jedi Apprentice series
Cloak of Deception
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
The Phantom Menace
The Han Solo Trilogy
The Adventures of Lando Calrissian
The Han Solo Adventures
A New Hope
Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina
Splinter of the Minds Eye
The Empire Stricks Back
Tales of the Bounty Hunters
Shadows of the Empire
Return of the Jedi
Tales from Jabba's Palace
The Bounty Hunter Wars
The Truce at Bakura
X-Wing Series
The Courtship of Princess Leia
X-Wing Isard's Revenge
The Thrawn Trilogy
The Jedi Acadamy Trilogy
I, Jedi
Children of the Jedi
Darksaber
Planet of Twilight
X-Wing: Starfighters of Adumar
The Crystal Star
The Black Fleet Crisis Trilogy
The New Rebellion
The Corellian Trilogy
The Hand of Thrawn Duology
Junior Jedi Knights Series
Young Jedi Knights Series
The New Jedi Order Series

Maybe even some I don't know about.
There you go, hope it helps.

now, be nice and READ THEM ALL evil face

Bo-Eee
Thanks yerssot, but am i right in thinking books like splinter of the minds eye aren't classed as real to the storyline?

I read that when it was first out and i did enjoy it, I think it was my first ever book i couldn't put down.

What i'm interested in are the books that carry on from where jedi left off, if you know what i mean.

I do have shadows of the empire( i think) the reason for my uncertainess is because they are at my mums house unread and she is a few hundred, hard to access, miles away. And my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Thanks again anyway. Much appreciated.

yerssot
the jedi not in it? well, x-wing I think? not sure about that...

well; splinter of the minds eye had some stuff in it that weren't that good (according to Ush, because I don't have the book here)
with a relationship between Luke and Leia...

Ushgarak
Splinter of the Mind's Eye (written when it was not known that the first film would have a sequel) has been officially removed from the EU storyline.

To include it causes horrendous continuity problems.

ToMacco
Thank you.smile

Bo-Eee
Yeah its hard including it in to go with the films when you have luke and leia snogging in a jungle now isn't it.

As it goes though, it was a good read, i couldn't put it down

Ushgarak
I don't think I ever found the fight with Vader very believable.

Bo-Eee
On that one i can agree, the fight was long coming and a little disappointing.

Julie
Which fight are you talking about????

yerssot
the one in Splinter of the Mind's Eye... didn't Vader lost his arm there?

Bo-Eee
Oh yes, i forgot about that, but it has been around 20 years since i read it.

yerssot
and now they are saying that Anakin looses his arm in AOTC, so Splinter removed and that fact (the spoiler) is falling nicely into places (and for some reason, I don't think the spoiler is correct)

Julie
I haven't actually read Splinter of the mind's eye. I've heard a lot about it but never got around to reading it.

Ushgarak
It's a curiosity piece only, really.

Julie
ohhhh ok...yeah I hear there are all sorts of story line problems with that book. If I come across it someday I might read it, but there are lots of other books that I really want to read.

Volundro Ramm
The fact is Luke will never die (well not for a long time anyway, a long long time), you see Luke is George Lucas's boy, he wouldn't even kill him off in a movie let alone let someone kill him off in a book. But you never Know. Anakin Solo is dead now, i'm hoping the rest of the Solo kids get killed off too, they really p@ss me off. I' wondering whether Ben Skywalker will have a big part to play. Still he's only just been born, there would have to be a huge jump in time before we hear of him wielding a lightsaber. Just think of it though Luke and Ben, father and son, fighting side by side against the Vong. I say bring back Fett!!

yerssot
But it will be a complete shock if Luke dies smile

LanceWindu
If people were to hear about it that means more fans will buy the book to read about the death of Luke Skywalker

Julie
Plenty of people buy the books now....W/O killing off Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.