We’re missing something…

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

realworlddreams
good point, and in a revolutions preview, it ses 72 hrs, so i have no idea where that came from, good lookin out, but i dont think its in the movie, cuz i watched it yesterday

clavis9495
ow I really don't know maybe It's machines

dave123
its cos (as morp said) what if tomorrow the war could be over...
wouldnt that...

anyway, u get the idea, everyone thinks that if they get the One into that door, then its all yippe doo dah and over big grin .... but its not sad

neo now thinks it is impossible to save the world cos he is another form of control, and they got 24 from the osiris scannings, calcualtions etc....

The Omega

dave123
i dont think he means that someone told him 24 hours, but someone told him "coupled with your decision and the extinction of Zion, the human race...."
and he meant someone told him it was all over in 24 hours cos of his decision

The Omega
Dave> Take a look at the scene I'm talking about. Neo says he knows it's over in 24 hours because SOMEONE told him.
If he was just talking about the Architect he'd have no idea how long it would take.
I know what you mean, though, but have a look.

burlyman
Morpheus: I don't understand it. Everything was done as it was supposed to be done. Once The One reaches the Source, the war should be over.
Neo: In 24 hours it will be.
Morpheus: What?
Neo: If we don't do something in 24 hours, Zion will be destroyed.
Link: What?
Trinity: How do you know that?
Neo: I was told it would happen.
Morpheus: By whom?
Neo: It doesn't matter. I believed him.
Morpheus: That's impossible, the prophecy tells us...
Neo: It was a lie, Morpheus. The prophecy was a lie. The One was never meant to end anything. It was all another system of control.
Morpheus: I don't believe that.
Neo: But you said it yourself - how can the prophecy be true if the war isn't over? I'm sorry. I know it isn't easy to hear, but I swear to you it's the truth.
Trinity: What are we gonna do?
Neo: I don't know.

JKozzy
Ouch. Never thought of that. Kinda like the trainman with Niobe in ETM, but Neo doesn't meet him until he gets to Mobil Ave... who could it be?

dave123
"in 24 hours, zion will be destroyed"
"what?"
"how do you know that?"

the questions are referring to how did u know zion will be destroyed, but i'll talk more about it tomorrow, good night....

The Omega

JediHDM
Omega> watch out, here it comes...

Perhaps, Neo knows the end will come in 24 hours, in that he is still connected to the SOURCE, and the SOURCE knows how long, because it's a MWAM!!! *dun dun dun*

HAHAHA...sorry, had to...

The Omega
cool
Hah! Take this:

The Source is not a SOMEONE!
(Continue the Jaws-theme please) wink

JediHDM
I'm not saying the SOURCE is someone, but the programmed source, or AI source, can still contain in its innards this kind of information...And i haven't brought up EVE in at least a week, maybe more, so there. stick out tongue

The Omega
Neo: In 24 hours it will be.
Morpheus: What?
Neo: If we don't do something in 24 hours, Zion will be destroyed.
Link: What?
Trinity: How do you know that?
Neo: I was told it would happen.
Morpheus: By whom?
Neo: It doesn't matter. I believed him.

So even if the Source DOES have a gender, it's a "HIM." eek!

Ushgarak
Dave is right, that could easily be interpreted that Neo is only saying someone told him that Zion will be destroyed.

The 24 hours thing appears to be a conclusion he has reached on his own.

The Omega

JediHDM
perhaps it was meant to throw you off...JJ, omega, however, i think the time is important, kinda like "God created man in one day, Man destroys man in one day..." or something like that...

The Omega

Ushgarak
I do not think anyone did. The only thing he said he was told was that Zion would be destroyed, I am sure that is so. Otherwise specifying "... it would happen' in that line is superfluous, he would have just said "I was told."

JediHDM
I have no idea...maybe he leeched it off the SOURCE, maybe there is SOMEONE, maybe he just thought of it off the top of his head, he never actually says "this guy told me that they will survive for 24 hours..."...so...

Fire
no idea

The Omega

JediHDM
no, Omega, you are NOT over-analyzing ANYTHING...remember, purpose, not coincidence...

ITALIAN926
HE SAYS 24 HOURS DUE TO THE EARLIER ESTIMATES IN THE MOVIE ABOUT HOW LONG ITLL TAKE THEM TO DRILL DOWN !!!!! So dissapointed in u guys... lol

JediHDM
um, no, because he has no way to tell how long the Zionites will last...plus, based on the nine hours for the Sentinels to dig, then the twelve hours after that to reach ZION, then it would be 21 hours, not 24...

HexSintax
maybe Neo is lying...he may be lying to Morph and the gang for their sake...the oracle tells people what the NEED to hear, not what they want, Neo believes that the prophecy is false based on what he wants to hear, and Morph doesnt believe him and will continue to do so till the end....

ITALIAN926
I do believe you guys are reading into this part waaaaaaaay too much.

I think Morpheus is questioning ONLY the fact of Zion being destoyed, not WHEN. As I said earlier, they were ALL aware of the estimates on how fast sentinals were digging and i COMPLETELY believe Neo was just making his own guesstimate as to how much time was left. Toward the end of the movie, they actually say that the sentinals are about 9 hours away. Theres nothing hidden here guys, Im tellin ya.

Sifer
It is indeed 24 hours as the bum says 72 hours in ETM (which is based 2 days before the events of Reloaded - confirmed).

The Omega
Sifer> Ay. But HOW, I ask, does Neo KNOW this? Estimates as far as when the sentinels will reach Zion is one thing. When it will be destroyed (unless "we" do something) is something else.

Eric797
If you recall Neo's conversation with the Oracle, when he was explaining his dream with her and how he could see her fall, but not die......the Oracle said "you have the sight now Neo", which leads me to believe that he can see the future but not past choices he hasn't already made. Is it not possible that he can see the events happening (Zion being destroyed in 24 hours), but not see what happens past the destruction of Zion, because he has not made the choice as to what he and/or his crew can do, to stop it?

tshirt
I agree with the Italian. You are reading too much into this. The 24 hour statement is simply to show how much time has passed in the movie and that the machines have not been stopped.

M2 started with us being told the sentinals were digging and would reach Zion in 72 hours. 250,000 of them are coming. It will be a slaughter. Sure, Zion might hold out for a while, but it is not a question of winning the war, but just how long they can fight back.

The 24 hour statement just lets you know that 1) the sentinals are still coming. Their actions did not stop them. 2) That 48 hours have passed since the beginning of the movie. Thus, only 24 remain.

As for the possible meeting someone else or being connected to the AI, that is not the way these movies have worked. The movie has not done any type of flashbacks or secret meetings or discussions that we we not privy to. (Think Cypher meeting with the Agent in M1) Also, when Neo expereriences something new, we know about it right away. (The mirror in M1, when he sees the code, when he sees Seraph, and when he "feels" the sentinals.)

Ushgarak
Yup, as said, I am in agreement with a highly mundane solution and that the only thing he was told by someone was of the destruction, not the time frame.

Dryden
hopefully Keifer Sutherland wont be in revolutions leading our teams through the last 24...lol

Ushgarak
Well, they have the right amount of mobiles!

JediHDM
Sifer> yes, however, neo DOESN'T know of the BUM until Limbo...so he must know it from somewhere else...

Ush, tshirt> they dont just throw information into these movies without explaining HOW the characters came across this information...thus, when Neo says 24 HOURS, he HAD TO HAVE LEARNED IT FROM SOMEONE/SOMETHING...

eric> he has the sight concerning the Matrix, not Zion...unless, of course (Omega, here it comes) Zion is a programmed reality...

ITALIAN926
LOL
Jedi, are you rich? I think a few of us should bet you on this. They will NOT explain ANYTHING on the 24 hour thing in Revolutions.

In the begining of Reloaded, there was a 72 hour estimate, 2 days pass and Neo says theres 24 hours left. SO WHAT !????? haha

72-48=24

You think the script to this movie is PERFECT and couldnt have been improved in any way shape or form? So he shouldve said "If we don't do something by tomorrow, Zion will be destroyed." But why say that when its been more exact using hours the whole movie? shesh ! Im not coming back into this thread lol

JediHDM
OK, let me say this AGAIN!!! NEO NEVER HAD ANY CONTACT WITH THE BUM, THEREFORE, HOW COULD HE KNOW HOW LONG THE PREVIOUS ZION LASTED?! Yes, Ghost says 72 hours, however, if Neo went by the calculation that 72-48=24 hours left, he wouldn't have said "in 24 hours, Zion will be destroyed", b/c he CAN'T know how long ZIon will last...And the others are amazed when Neo says this number, first of all, because they thought the war shoould be over, but second of all, it has not been exactly 48 hours, as there are approximately 12 hours left before the Sentinels reach Zion, according to the trailer...What i'm saying is, saying 24 hours is too exact to be just approximation...There HAS TO BE some reason for him to say that...

Oh, and BTW, no i'm not rich, i'm a freshman in college

dave123
jedi, its just another way of saying a day

if he said we have 22 hrs, 15 mins and 6 seconds, thats different, but he is just saying in ABOUT a day its all over

clavis9495
he can comunicate with machines like telepathy ( I don't have a clue)

droopy1592
I'm with Dryden on this one, get Jack Bauer for the last 24! He's got matrix powers...

JediHDM
If he meant "about a day" he would've said "about a day", not TWENTY-FREAKING-FOUR HOURS!!! WHEN THEY SAY SOMETHING, THEY MEAN IT!!!

clavis9495
GOOOO JEDI!!! *doin her banana dance*

droopy1592
22:56

Get me the president.....

dave123
set the scene.... you have just found out that you were lied to, just another form of control

you're hardly gonna go "guess what mate, in about a day, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!"

JediHDM
Would you say i've got about a day to live, or would you say There are exactly 24 hours for me to enjoy life on this feeble planet...? If you dont know how long, you say ABOUT A DAY. IF YOU KNOW THERE ARE 24 HOURS, YOU SAY 24 HOURS!!!

dave123
lets just agree to disagree?

JediHDM
Thats all we can do...

dave123
we'll resseruct this argument after the 5th, so we have even more quotes/ideas big grin

rysdigital
hehe jack bauer 4 president stick out tongue

seriously though, i think Omega is onto something. i always thought it was strange Neo didn't just say "the creator of the Matrix told me." instead of "it doesn't matter, i believed him.' he may well be referring to the trainman!

JediHDM
HE HASN'T MET THE "TRAINMAN" YET!!!

rysdigital
roll eyes (sarcastic)

we haven't SEEN him meet the trainman. with the mind seperating from body and limbo thing it's entirely possible Neo (mind/body) already has. the matrix trilogy is not the sort of movies where viewers get to see all that happens. it's a method filmmakers use to create exciting situations and tension and it's a way to lead the viewers down the wrong path.

tshirt
I disagree 100%.

We have seen and do see EVERYTHING. When have they done a flashback? When have they referred to an event or scene that took place off camera where it involves Neo? The film makers are showing you EVERYTHING. You even see new characters or changes in characters from Neo's point of view when he sees something or realizes something. (M1 - Mirror, Pod, Waking up on the ship, seeing the code; M2 - Seraph, Smith, etc.) The trick that they do well is instead of giving you one simple answer, the scenes/dialoge give you more questions than answers.

rysdigital
i don't know whether you have an extended version of the dvds, but there's a shitload of stuff we don't see. rewatch it. for example, i loved the scene where tank died, i almost cried roll eyes (sarcastic)

also, even when neo had become the One, it still took him 6 months to figure out the Oracle was a program. pretty much reduces your theory to shit.

and even if what you say is true, you can't tell what the wachowski's will do in revolutions.

ITALIAN926
I dont think Tank was left out of this movie purposely, he was asking for wayyyy too much money for having a small role in a movie so they wrote out his character, SO THAT throws out your theory roll eyes (sarcastic) They had no other choice !

Who told you he figured it prior to the Reloaded Oracle meeting? From what I saw, he finally figured out she was a program while talking to her in the park.

Like TSHIRT said, you have seen everything, this isnt pulp fiction or reseviour dogs where the movie skips all over the place, you guys are NUTZ for reading into this "24 hour" part of the script.. 24 hours is a day ! Youre gonna be dissapointed about this when you see Revolutions. Youll end up blaming it on bad wording.

I love the Matrix movies, but some of you need an answer to EVERY SINGLE little thing, almost as if this is REAL. This is a MOVIE, science FICTION.. it WONT be winning any awards for dialoque or screenplay. Neo said 24 hours so you have to analyze it to death ? Its a LINE in a SCIENCE FICTION movie there is NO MORE meaning to it. accept the REALITY of the situation

rysdigital
u are aware though that this strengthens MY point, not yours, right? this line makes the rest of your post obsolete, so i won't bother responding on it.

ITALIAN926
Whatever man LOL . I thought you were implying that he came to this realization somewhere bewteen movies... but you are SORTVE right on that one, but completely wrong on your first example.

What youre implying is that theres a missing scene or something where SOMEONE told Neo it would take exactly 24 hours. To me, all the answers he was giving to trinity and Morpheus came from the dialoque with the Architect and earlier scenes that we SAW.

I cant think of anything like this in M1 that was answered in M2. Of course you find out more unanswered information as the movies progress, but nothing like "missing scenes"

JediHDM
Actually, the brothers DONT misspeak, if there is ANYTHING you should learn from me, it is THAT!!! And there is NO reason for NEO to say 24 hours unless he MEANT 24 hours...

Ushgarak
Errr... yeah, I agree with the guys on this one, I think there is no basis the speculate that Neo has learned anything off-screen.

JediHDM
I'm not saying Neo has learned anything offscreen, and that's my point. HOW does he know the exact time, when he has NOT learned anything off screen....?

The Omega

sauron
the architect told him the machines would destroy zion

the machines are getting there in 24 hours, from the scans...

so in 24 hours zion will be destroyed...he kinda rtold him

Numo
Jesus...what a mind job. What do you say to something like that?

Let me give you a piece of advice, when someone asks you a question like that...do what I do, run, you run you're ass off.

The Alpha
Neo was there when Niobe told the estimated speed of the sentinals and the distance they had already digged towards Zion in the meeting. Did this help Neo saying 24 hours? roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Omega> Neo CAN "see without time" outside the matrix. In Reloaded he "saw" Trinity falling outside the matrix.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.