Look to the Oracle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spydar1982
Today on the Matrix.com there was a new post in the news section about the release of the comic. They are taking preorders. But for an extra 10% in savings is says look to the Oracle. Then hidden just below that is a hex code that says 0x6F-----. I remembered that there was a new picture of Neo and the Oracle from yesterdays update. So I find the picture and look at the Alphabet magnets on the 'fridge and it has a 6F on there. I am gonna try something out. If anyone has figured this out feel free to tell me (us).

JediHDM
isnt there a hex code we already know that starts with 6f?

spydar1982
I am not sure.... Not that I personally know of or tried.

HexSintax
0x6F?? "x" is not Hexadecimal....1-9 and A-F is the hex alphabet

JediHDM
yes, but they always use 0x...to signify hex code...if you have ever used a router, and had to restart it, then you know you have to use 0x and the code...Its part of BIOS...

spydar1982
yeah... you... uhh. took the words right out of my mouth. (shaking fist) DAMN you Jedi!!!

JediHDM
MUAHAHA!!!

forumcrew
yea theres definantly no way they randomly placed letters and numbers on that fridge

JediHDM
my friend had a look, and said theres a, b/8, 7, 8, a, e, in no particular order... i tried to see if any combos would work in the Hex code slot on the matrix site, but i only tried a few before getting discouraged...anyway, it seems like there is teh correct # of letters/numbers (including 6F) so...

Korri
JediHDM> its mwahahahaha!! get it rite!!

clavis9495
no it's MUHUHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHaaaaa

Korri
clavis> me being satans daughter in law i should know stick out tongue

JediHDM
WHAT IS IT WITH PEOPLE?!?! I SAY MWAHAHA, PEOPLE YELL AT ME; I SAY MUAHAHA, PEOPLE YELL AT ME?!?!?! STOP YELLING AT ME!!!!

rysdigital
actually '0x' is just c(++) notation for hex numbers.

Korri
awww im sorry *hugs and gives cookie*

JediHDM
Ohh, how can i be mad when i get a cookie AND a hug...? Fine...*hugs back, accepts cookie* MMMM, Vewy good cookie, Kowwi...vewy good...

And, Rys, it may be C++ notation, but it is also used in systems like Routers and SmartSwitches...i know, i have used them, and had to reset passwords for them...if you forget the '0x' it gets mad at you...

Korri
awww big grin

spydar1982
So about that code..... Any luck? Anyone? My cheap ass wants that 10% off!!! Well not really I can afford it... WHOS GOT COOKIES???!!! I want some!

JediHDM
here you go, and i got plenty more where that came from...*hands over heaping basket 'o Oracle cookies* hehehe...i got the recipe when the Oracle wasn't looking...

JediHDM
i just thought of something, and i feel really, REALLY stupid for taking so long...what does the site say? it says "The Matrix Comics can be preordered, here (@ 20% off cover price). Online orders get it before stores. An additional 10% off? Look to the Oracle." well, what is the first part of the HEX code? it is 6F, which is 'o'...o begins oracle...so, the hex code must be 0x6f726163, for that is the beginning of the oracle...at least, i think that would be the code...if it starts with the 'o' in ORACLE and not the 'o' in look or to...

burlyman
that doesnt work no

JediHDM
doesn't work WHERE?!

it's not supposed to work on the Matrix site, its supposed to work when you order the comic...if it worked on the matrix site, i would already know it

burlyman
huh?

Dryden
http://www.dj-fuchs.com/miscpics/ForumPics/bunny.jpg

just messin..but you lost me hehe

JediHDM
when you go to pre-order the comic, when you check out, you enter the hex code...i'm guessing that it is not one of the ones that work on the Matrix website, the "hex backdoor"...in fact im certain it isnt, because there is no code that works there that begins with 6f...so, if someone were to pre-order it, and try the code, but be the only way we could know if the code works or not...

spydar1982
(stands up like Niobe) I will order it Captain.... even though you aren't my captain and I do not belong to any ship...

JediHDM
Just don't blame me if it fails...

bloc
Anyone figure out the hex key for the 10% discount?

0x6F------

JediHDM
did you NOT look at the first page?!?!

spydar1982
I tried buying the comic but that code doesn't work.

forumcrew
jedi bloc was asking IF it ever ended up working.. no one had reported back if it worked when they bought it..

spydar1982
it does not work

forumcrew
yea i saw ur post.. i was just tellin jedi what bloc meant.. cause u hadnt posted yet... i wonder if anyone has got it to work yet?

Sifer
What do u mean, there is no code there that starts with 6F in the hex backdoor - have you actually sat there and ran through all of the combinations - I think not.

JediHDM
there are sites on the web that list all of the combos, even the ones that have nothing on them right now...i checked the sites, and they didn't have any that started with '6F'

clavis9495
Korri you're rite I should have known. But a good friend of satan's daughter in law could know perhaps!

badkittykitty
someone like you maybe?

Korri
im satans daughter in law!! miffed

bloc
6F0E08AE

This one works.

JediHDM
for the 10% off? howd you figure it out?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.