Your Personal Pick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Who were you hoping would become Anakin Skywalker before Hayden was announced in May? I personally wanted Ryan Phillipi but I now think Hayden was the better choice.smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Leonardo DiCaprio
>
>
>
>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>>
>
>NOT!!!! big grin

I really wanted Hayden!

finti
Vincent Vaughn

queeq
I didn't really followed the candidates. I will not say anything about Anakin until I've seen Ep2. Hayden seems allright, but there's just one real way to find out I'm afraid.

queeq abides

Dim
Ryan seemed to be the best choice before I heard about Hayden..

Darth Daft
My sister always wanted Ryan Phillipe to play him. I'm not entirely sure who I was hoping for. Ya know, quite surprisingly, I wouldn't have minded if Leo had have come up for the part. I think the only reason most guys hate him is because most girls love him.
All the films I've seen him in I've enjoyed and I think he is a really good actor too, plus the fact that he reminds me very much of an older Jake Lloyd. I would have been fine if Leo were to play Anakin.

Gundark
I wasn't really familiar with the choices, but I had seen Hayden on a show called "Higher Ground" about teens going to a rehab place up in the mountains. He was a brooding teenager which he portrayed well. I think he will make a good Anakin.

Darth Daft
I saw him breifly in "Virgin Suicides" but I didn't really see enough of him to judge how good his acting skills are. Still, I agree that GL has probably made a good choice in casting him as Anakin.

Gundark
Yes, GL has done well over the years using relative unknowns in the lead roles.

Dim
True...actually I think the unknowns have, historically, been his better choices.

queeq
I hope Hayden does a great job. We will never know about the others anyway.

queeq abides

Gundark
Although a role in SW does not necessarily jump start an unknown's career. Look at the entire OT. Ford was the only one that made it. Although Portman's and McGregor's careers are on the rise.

queeq
McGregor and Portman already have a career. They're not on the way.

queeq abides

Jedimaster3838
I personally didn't really care. I mean, I cared, but I just wanted the best man for the job. If it would have gone to Leo, I would have still loved the movie and you can't really deny that he does have some talent. I just hope Hayden can do a good job

theEviljedi
"Look at the entire OT. Ford was the only one that made it."

What about Sir Alec, James Earl, and Carrie?

Wo,My total number of posts is 3333.

Darth Daft
I think Gundark was reffering to the unknowns in the OT, so Alec Guiness doesn't count. As for the other two, I wouldn't really say that their careers went booming. Sure, they've both been in a few other films, but it's not like they're anywhere near as big as Harrison Ford.

IGOTMYBEAT
I was lobbying pretty hard for myself but we just couldn't get any momentum going.

theEviljedi
Yeah, but there both millionaires now.

Darth Daft
Yeah, good point. But then so will Hayden Christenson be, even if he isn't in any other films after Star Wars. Hmmmm......actually I'll just shut up. smile

queeq
I doubt that SW2 and 3 will make Hayden a millionaire. Didn't the actors of ANH get some shares in the movie in exchange for a low salary? Some deal... Gl will never make that mistake again.

queeq abides

Ratcat
I think that only applied to Alec Guiness.

As to the original question, I didn't really have any preference. My blind faith in Lucas always led me to believe he would make the right decison, which I believe he has in Hayden Christensen.

Jedimaster3838
I agree RC, Lucas has never really taken me in the wrong direction, well, except for Ewoks and Jar Jar, but nobodys perfect. I am sure Hayden will do a great job, from what I've read from other cast members he has done a great job.

Dim
Yeah, I think Hayden will do fine... The thing I like about his is that he's a cute kid...but the's not drop dead gorgeous. He seems more "normal" than alot of young actors.

Ratcat
I liked the ewoks and Jar Jar, I think they do a job within the franchise and there parts were/are qirky.

I don't think they would work as central characters though. Hayden will work out just fine I am sure.

finti
I`ve never seen anything of Hayden`s work but he`ll do fine. Cant be worse than Jack Loyd.

"Are you an angel", man I get goosebumps thinking of that performance

Ratcat
I'm torn between wooden acting and deeplu emotive acting. I think it is the former but I would like to believe it was the latter.

Jedimaster3838
I don't think it was Jake's performance as much as the lines he had to read. You also have to take into account that he(Anakin) is just a kid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.