emo bands

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
emo bands who likes them i really dont but i like the used they r good as hell i will listen to them ne time but i heard they sucked live

loserib
i like glassjaw they are emo i also think deftones new album sound quit emo

blakangel
I always findit quite hard to establish what is and what isn't emo...

But Dashboard Confessional are pretty good big grin

Thing_1
I like dashboard confessional,the used,glassjaw,Thursday,coheed and cambria,finch,something corprate,and yellowcard.

BackFire349
hell no, they all wear those stupid box framed glasses. What a crock

RIO
i don't know what all bands are exactly classified as emo either... but all the bands mentioned above are good, in my opinion. i collect all types of music and the music is all that is really important to me-not what the singer or band wears.

plenTpak52
Emo bands are bands that use power chords taht baically go up, down, up a little lower, and down in the same ratio, and all they sing about are girls that they lost in the fourth grade.

I hate emo

GABRIEL05
he he. Yeeaahh emo is annoying as all sheizzer.

BurnAllFlags
ahhhhhhhhh emo!!!!! ahhhhhhh!......."boo f-king hoo....my girlfriend dumped me, i'm gunna go jerk off now while i cry and think about naked guys....boo hoo hoo"......i hate emo...

Thing_1
Emo can get old but it's not too bad but then I again I like all types of music.

plenTpak52
Yes it is. It's horrible and requires no talent

I listen to a lot of emopunk music. Thursday, Taking back sunday, Yellowcard, unwritten law are all ones that stick out in my head right now.. there are many more i like though....

Thing_1
u have to have some talent cuz i heard some bands tonight who had no talent and they weren't emo.They couldn't be emo if they tried thay sucked so bad.

loserib
what bands are you talking about

plenTpak52
well you have to know how to do emo. Its a very stupid technique that he band members dont know they are using

BurnAllFlags
it takes skill for anyone to cry for that long. i mean god, they keep whining about the same stuff. how does it keep happening? why dont they just kill theirself? they keep gettign dumped, they'll always be rejected, just give up! they should just be gay. they'll get a better chance at love life and sex

mah
Don't be a schmuck, Sherbert. There's good emo and bad emo. There's whining emo and those who don't whine. Good example; The Weakerthans.

plenTpak52
Actually there's just bad emo

blakangel
It is a limiting genre and when I hear the term "emo" it gives me nausea. It basically disrespects all other music. All music is emotional. Whether it be metal, rock or whatever. I get a lot more from bands like Dead Can Dance and Peter Murphy and The Cure than I get from listening to ie Dashboard Confessional anyday. It's one thing to be emotional, it's another thing to be whiny.

Darth Hater
emo sucks

mah
That's like saying "Actually, I know that you are a failure in life, and I know that everything you touch will crumble as your acid body-stench pulverizes all living things." While that may well be true, I'm being very ignorant in saying so.

lil bitchiness
BoySetsFire are emo, and they are amazing!!! Dont like Glasjaw...
Finch are good!!!!!!

BackFire349
I don't like how all the singers in Emo bands where those stupid little box framed glasses. Thye look stupid.

lil bitchiness
Daryl from Glassjaw has those 'funky' glasses!

and why do political punk bands keep whining about people wars in other countries that no one gives a rats ass about, or about our president, who cares! get over urself "oh god the hypocrisy boo hoo hoo wahhh"

mah
Just because you're a failure in life doesn't mean you have to go all emo on us. Ahahah..
Em..sorry stick out tongue

BackFire349
Well, doesn't the abreviation 'Emo" stand for "emotional"? Because the word 'emotion' in music generally means the singer complaining and over emphasizing the pain caused by trivial events in his life.

heaven's_a_lie
i don't really like emo that much but i suppose i like thrice and thursday and maybe finch

realworlddreams
u know, i got into coheed n cambria recently, i gotta say that i am truly impressed by their music

total metalhead
i dont really like emo, but i love Glassjaw and Boysetsfire are pretty good.

Chelsea23
Yellowcard and Bright Eyes are 2 cool bands...so is Dashboard Confessional

Jeff_Atello
EMO is a stupid name for a genre, because every band plays EMOtional music. But I like "emo" music because it is a heartfelt. I'm more of a fan of Screamo/post-hardcore, though. Bands like Finch, H20, Fugazi, Thursday. I really like Saves The Day...before their crappy ass album, "In Reverie" came out.

bardock
emo is the best. it is one of my fav stlyes of music

Df02
Emo is shortened term for "Emotional Hardcore" which is an offshoot of the old Hardcore scene in the 80's where Punks experimented with different music styles etc.

i happen to think Emo is ok, not a fan, but dont hate it... i do however like Screamo (Emocore lol), From Autumn to Ashes etc, and love the odd Emo band... its all down to personal preference, and i think Emo bands can make pretty decent music, obviously not every band...but thats the same for every genre

Into the Void
Oh man.....emo sucks.

Deathblow
wow...now i'm confused and a little scared confused

Df02
yea, digging up the past to see lil's true colours laughing stick out tongue jk

Deathblow
I feel sick and betrayed no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.