who freed morpheus??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mindbugaling
how the heck was morpheus freed from the matrix in the beginning, if there was nobody to free him?

ITALIAN926
I didnt know Morpheus was the first.. when was this told to us?

rysdigital
watch The Matrix.

the One from the previous run of the Matrix (the fifth One) freed 23 individuals from the Matrix to rebuild Zion (one of whom may or may not have been Morpheus). that's how the freeing people to zion process started.

mindbugaling
it couldnt have been long enough for morphe to grow so old could it? and if this is true then why does morpheus have plugs in him

dave123
morpheus was freed, just as neo was

look at how "young" he is compared to the others

rysdigital
maybe someone who was freed by the fifth One later freed Morpheus. he has plugs cuz he was FREED. what part don't u get?

droopy1592
I thought morpheus said he was freed by the man who could alter the matrix...

rysdigital
he said 'it was he who freed the first of us' (us means the rebels, so morpheus wasn't necessarily freed by the fifth One)

so probably someone later on freed morpheus.

mindbugaling
i guess what im trying to say is who freed the first 'one' he probably didnt just pop right out of the matrix. did the machins free him.

mindbugaling
rysdigital>
but the way morpheus talked about 'the one who could alter the maatrix ' sounded like he knew him personaly

ITALIAN926
What came first, the chicken or the egg?

mindbugaling
exactly.....

droopy1592
The chegg.

ITALIAN926
I would like to hear what people have to say about this. We have the world taken over by machines. Humans run for their existance and end up near the Earths center and call the last City Zion. The machines created the Matrix and crop humans for energy and plug them into it.

NOW, how do you go about hacking someone into the system if everyone thats left is human and "plugless"? Maybe someone in a pod "died" , they got flushed, and was revived by a Zionite. Now they have someone that can be plugged into the system.. VIOLA !!!

tshirt
From M1:

MORPHEUS: When the Matrix was first built there was a man born inside that had the ability to change what he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit. It was this man that freed the first of us and taught us the secret of the war; control the Matrix and you control the future...When he died, the Oracle at the temple of Zion prophesied his return and envisioned an end to the war and freedom for our people. That is why there are those of us that have spent our entire lives searching the Matrix, looking for him.

So, it seems the original 23 were freed. They release x more who realeased y more and down the line, until Morpheus was freed. He might have been second generation, third, or later. We really don't know. One really, really cool twist would be if Commander Locke freed Morpheus.

JediHDM
all the original 24 (haha, i just thought of that...24 hours, 24 people...) HAD PLUGS, they were FREED FROM THE MATRIX by the machines...Morpheus was NOT one of the original 24, and he probably wasn't freed by one of them either...read "the miller's tale", it talks about Morpheus as a child...

clavis9495
ow that's on the matrix site right about the bread.. I never had a chance to finish it

dave123
jedi> wasnt it 23? or perhaps the One is the 24th? could you explain a bit, or did i just hear it wrong

i thought it was 17 female + 8 male

JediHDM
"The function of the one is now to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male to rebuild ZIon..." And Neo makes 24.

oh, and dave, 17+8=25, not 23

Wolfwood
It's 17 female, 6 male, just watched it. The One is the 24th

dave123
aaaah yes, but then if neo carried on living there, couldnt he tell everyone what happened, and warn the 7th One? i thought neo would just get deleted.... if this has been discussed in another thread, just post it

JediHDM
i think that when his code is removed, his mind is altered, so that he doesn't remember...thats the only reason i can think of...

Wolfwood
Maybe...but maybe when he returns to the source, Neo that is, maybe his memory would be erased? Or, maybe in order to keep the matrix from failing, and ultimately the human race being wiped out, maybe the Ones choose not to talk about what they know in order to prevent a catastrophe. Like, they really don't have a choice of whether to talk about it or not because the consequences of the 23 knowing about it would be too great. Maybe?

JediHDM
no, i think they would WANT the next one to know, so that he has more time to prepare for it...

Wolfwood
Yeah, I see how that could make sense...but, if the next one did know in advance, would that help anything? If so, how?

JediHDM
He would have MOnths to (perhaps) years to prepare, make his decision, etc. He could also have the full backing of the council, and think through the decision more...

dave123
lol, what if he died while making his decision? like, he took decades....

JediHDM
no, because if the same Neo-Smith thing happens everytime, he would HAVE TO go, to stop Smith...

Wolfwood
well we do know for a fact, though, that the smith thing has never happened..."it's happening just like before...well, not exactly" smith says that to smith, heh.

JediHDM
Just as i have explained to others, i explain to you, Wolfwood: Smith in no way says he has been around since the very first Matrix, thus knowing what has happened ever since then...he knows OF the first Matrix, but that doesn't mean he was THERE...When he says that, he could just mean that Neo is fighting the agents, But Smith has gained power and ability, hence "not exactly" as before...

Wolfwood
ok, so really the only explanation would likely be that returning to the source would wipe Neo's memory?

JediHDM
yes

Wolfwood
Yeah, that seems more plausible. Hey, go check out my new postings on the metacortex thread, jedi, I found some references to the 10 plagues of egypt, but I don't know if they mean anything, help would be much appreciated

Sifer
According to the brothers, we are to find out how Morpheus was freed in a different medium (ie comics). If you have been reading them then you will already know there is a little something mentioned (and shown) of Morpheus as a kid smile

PersefonePotter
Yes..... I remember seeing that comic a while back with Morpheus.

Someone ^^ there said that "it was he who freed the first of us" from the first movie, who is to say that "he" is not the architect??

rysdigital
that very architect. he said there were 5 ones before neo and that they all chose the door on the right, choosing the release 23 people from the matrix to rebuild zion.

morpheus doesn't know the whole truth, only neo and the programs do (arch, oracle, etc)

PersefonePotter
Or maybe Neo doesn't know the truth..... is it possible the Architect lied to make Neo not believe in himself.... to make him fail??

rysdigital
the wachowski's wouldn't let the architect lie, that would be lame.

JediHDM
why would that be lame?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.