What In Your Honest Opinion Constitutes Good Music To You??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GABRIEL05
I'm just curious as to what people think is good music. Or what you like about a certain "genre" of music.

tWzDjUgGaLeTtE
i think that good music is something i can relate to. i hate songs that just talk about sex. theyre rele annoying.

GABRIEL05
Yeah I know what you mean. I'd just rather have it myself.

plenTpak52
I like songs that melodies and riffs that you dont just slap together when you're aimlessly moving your fingers.

loserib
i ahev to enjoy listning to it i like all kinds of music

Thing_1
I like music that I can relate to and they have to have good riffs.I hate music that was like the band didn't even try.

BurnAllFlags
no whiny "my girlfriend dumped me" emo....i like almost all of the old punk bands (misfits, dead kennedys, bad religion) and a lot of political bands like anti-flag, naked agression, suicide machines.........radio silence is the coolest! i love you guys!

julibug
I like all kinds of music, but I really appreciate music that is really intricate. Where all the instruments have interesting rhythms and melodies, and yet it all flows together. One example is Phish, and another is Bela Fleck's music, but there are many other bands who accomplish this.

I think everyone likes music they can relate to, and thats' the same for me. And when a band puts together great lyrics and a catchy and just kickass tune then it's good music.

plenTpak52
Unfortunately there are no lyrics in todays music. Just crap

blakangel
I cant really answer this; I wouldn't say its what I relate to.... because I hate it when people seem to think 'lyrics' are the most important thing about a track...

Its just this impulse this vibe that goes through my body when I hear something I think if great; the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and I feel my body tap to the beat....

Good music is what makes you want to listen to it again....

big grin

Thing_1
Lyrics aren't everything in a song but they help and not every bands lyrics have turned into crap.Incubus,coal chamber,and system of a down are a few examples of bands that still write great lyrics and make good music.

GABRIEL05
I agree Incubus and SOAD do write good lyrics. They also have the advantage of having good music too.

loserib
coal chamber is not still writing good lyrics they are not together and incubus's new stuff ios knowhere as good as make your self or fungus among us

BackFire349
Something that is somewhat creative and isn't just a cookie cutter band.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Rap/Underground Rap/and anything with good rhymes and lyrics

o kiMMii o
good melodies, beat...i dont really care for lyrics but if they put effort into that stuff then i appreciate the song and artist alot more...

blakangel
Hmm...I think some people just put to much emphasis on lyrics thats all...

not all artists even write all their lyrics is one reason I dont always takeit into account...

Also, its the music that makes the lyrics how they addressed across to the audience through the melodies,beats...etc... My saying is,if lyrics make the song, start reading poems.

Rammesteins lyrics mean f**k all to me, but they are one kick ass band live... the best live band Ive ever seen anyways... big grin

I dont think Im making any sense-sorry lol

loserib
oh **** yeah Rammestein are bad****ing ass live i seen them on poa a year or two back ago they played with slipknot,soad and mudvayne

Thing_1
Incubus and Soad do still write good music.Incubus' new stuff isn't as god as their stuff on S.C.I.E.N.C.E. but I still think it's pretty damn good.Coal Chamber were writing good music,excuse me.

worldindustries
I like to listen to real loud music like metallica.

GABRIEL05
ahhh yes Nothing says refinement and culture like 120 decibles of ear shattering noise. stick out tongue

i think lyrics are one of the most important elements to any good song. For me, lyrics set the mood for the track and not the music. You could have this really slow song that would normally seem sad, but put in really exciting lyrics, or "happy" lyrics and that changes the whole mood of the song. I like when artist do that. It tells the audience that this song is not what u think it is.

I personally hate SOAD's lyrics. And Incubus's lyrics are pretty good on some tracks and hate em on others.

I think Thursday has some of the best lyrics around.

vibz
yuh lyrics are quite important in a song....sumthin can relate to i guess and also a gud beat

GABRIEL05
I like good musical content. Ya know, music that has taste, and aesthetic, spontanaity too. I like music that is "in the moment".

GABRIEL05
it doesn't matter what genre of music you play, as long as you have good taste it will sound good

in flames
i like music that takes talent..that is chalenging..music that the artist really use instruments to creat i mostly like metal because it has alot of instruments involved and it really takes much talent.

plus the lyircs i dont like the song unless i like the lyrics

in flames
i like music that takes talent..that is chalenging..music that the artist really use instruments to creat i mostly like metal because it has alot of instruments involved and it really takes much talent.

plus the lyircs i mostly like the song when i like the lyrics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.