Other Zions and my theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MindzDeep
I am having a difficult time understanding one part in the movie. Pleez explain. The Architect says that other Zions have been destroyed... ho is that possible if there is only one zion??? That part is killing me.

Also i have this tiny theory brewing in the back of my mind... tell me what you think. I believe that neo, morpheous and every one in zion is just in another matrix outside the matrix... therefore who really knows how many leels of the matrix there really are... whatcha think.

stinkfist462
yeah wut the architect means by other zions is that there were six versions of the matrix and zion ahs been destroyed six times or sumthing like that i think.

stinkfist462
and about #2 i have no clue.

MindzDeep
what i dont understand is how is there supposed to be another zion when it is supposed to be outside and independant from the matrix

burlyman
zion is another form of control by the machines, a 'safe haven' for the 1% who dont accept the matrix.
each time the one has 'chosen' to return to the source, zion is destroyed. the one then chooses 23 indivduals from the matrix - 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild zion.
the rebels find an oracle in the matrix. after the death of the one she prophesized his return, this is neo.

JediHDM
each one has had his own ZION, which is destroyed each time...
Also, i believe there is a MWAM, or Matrix Within A Matrix, as many do not...

stinkfist462
im with jediHDM... oh wut does HDM stand for.

realworlddreams
yeah MWAM is big so its not an independent theory anymore, find my animatrix thread for pretty much the most complete explanation and proof of it (i think, is it Jedi?) so that should clear that up. i also believe that ZION isnt destroyed, but rather the people in it, cuz i dont htink the machines just plop 24 (including the ONE) down n say, ok, we're gonna leave u alone for a while, play, reproduce, n oh yeah, build a city for 250,000 people. (n was it just me or did that cave look like A LOT MORE than 1/4 mil?)

stinkfist462
1/4 million = 250,000 lol .... yeah maybe the machines wanna have fun so they let the 24 humans live.

JediHDM
if you could make a link to it, real, i will look at it...

and yes, Zion IS destroyed, cause if the machines dont go through the predetermined routes, they go through the walls, and we see the doors are blown open, the walls decimated (talking about the trailer here)

stinkfist462
machines rule dude... and smithy is a god of the real and matrix

DoC_Chaos
well u guys got close but what it means is that there have been six other matrix versions and everyone who is put into the matrix is given a choice to except or not if u dont ur dumped into a place (zion) until there r enough who dont except the matrix for them to kill them of then the matrix is updated and they start over. its like a vacum machine after u suck up enough dirt u empty it out and try not to get as much dirt on the floor. its kinda confusing also there isnt much punctuation but this is wat i think

stinkfist462
yeah we all think diff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.