Smith and Neo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MindzDeep
Dilemma... i understand taht neo is the one and all that stuff... but as the one y can he not teach morpheus or trinity or anyone by that matter to fly or become stronger... in other words "free their minds" even more... i ask this for one main reason. by kicking the crap out of smith in m1 he changes him and makes him better (a virus). Y cant he just do the same with anyone else. I know they all have their limits and he is the one... but if morpheus helped him free his mind only a little bit in the first movie (fight scene) then y cant neo do the same for them. or is he just a stingy One and wants too keep all that power to himself (joke).

JediHDM
the one will have more power than any MERE human can hope to achieve. It is a fact of life. Smith gained more power because he WOULDN'T return to the source, as all good programs should

AliasNeo15
that makes Neo an idiot, but he had no choice. He was running out of time and he needed some friggin answers.

JediHDM
wait, what? What are you saying, Alias?

AliasNeo15
if Neo had more time, and im saying this becus i believe he wouldnt hav been human, that Smith wouldnt hav been able to lay a finger on him if he stayed out of the source.

JediHDM
BUt NEO HAD to go to the Source, to stop the war...He was led to believe it was his destiny to stop the war, so, if the path of the one ends at the source, he must go to the source...Plus, if Neo had waited, the Matrix woulda been destroyed by Smith WHETHER OR NOT Neo went to the SOURCE at all...

MindzDeep
tru about the ones power... BUT ... that still does not mean that he cannot free their minds more...

my example... at the time (m1) morpheus was undoubtably strogner thatn neo... he helped him free his mind ever so slightly... case in point the fight scene. During that scene morpheus helped neo to improve upon his velocity and strength.

So y cant neo do the same now that he understands the matrix better.

Another thing i totally agree with zoin being another matrix within the matrix. after al if they are trying to keep the movie realistic then there in no way that neo could have made his own emp in m2. That pretty much put the final nail in the coffin for me.

Last thing... loved the morpheus is a program topic. (Now i have to watch both movies again to look out for the green and other movie signals... especialy since the reference to the sixth sence brings back somehting that is important.... anything there was red in the sith sence somehting was going to happen. maybe its the same in this movie some way.

JediHDM
HOw is Neo going to free their minds any more, when they see him flying andstopping bullets and all that...there isn't anything else that Neo can do for them.

MindzDeep
this will only hurt my argument but...

maybe neo has rubbed on on morpheus. here is why: in m1 agent smith just just a plain and simple regular agent, a bit angrier but nevertheless a regular agent. Now in m2 agent johnson is an upgraded agent ergo he is better than what smith was... key word was. Now in m1 morpheus bets the s**t knocked out of him by agent smith. In m2 he manages to go toe to toe with an upgraded agent and not get a scratch.

AliasNeo15
well like i said, that would be if he didnt hav all this preasure on him. He had no choice.

Dryden
neo cant teach/free their minds anymore, they have to do it themselves. Morpheus only opened the door for neo, didnt actually teach him the things he knows, becuase morepheus hasnt a clue how to fly or stop bullets.

I think morpheus and trinity just CANT learn all of that stuff. Remember in M1 when mouse said," wow, check out his telekinetics, they're off the chart." while watching the morpheus and neo fight.

And remember the end of the fight, when neo pretty much has morpheus witha punch, but stops at his face. In one session he has beaten morpheus and surpassed him...thats not teaching...its a gift.

realworlddreams
technically we never SEE Neo go to the source, just the "waiting room" w/archie, so its never clear if he DID touch the source, (remember, he went out the door) so he was never actually in the source. after that, there is no supported reason as to how he got stronger, sumthing changed, overwritten, sum part of the architect copoied, or inserted... j/k i ono.

JediHDM
we are TOLD neo touched the source, by the ORACLE..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.