Original Matrix Movie - Smith wants codes to Zion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

magicrat
A question has been nagging me for quite some time now. Why did Smith need the codes for Zion in the Original Matrix movie? Here's the transcript and my questions.

SMITH: I must get out of here. I must get free. And In this mind is the key. My Key. Once Zion is destroyed, there is no need for me to be here. Do you understand? I need the codes.... I have to get inside Zion....and you have to tell me how. You're going to tell me..... or you're going to die.

This is the interrogation of Morpheous when the other agents have left the room. Questions about this passage.

1. Are the Agents unaware of the previous Matrix's? The whole reason for the interrogation of Morpheus was to gain the key (code's) to Zion. However, previous Zion's were destroyed without this knowledge. So, is the source just mind-phucking the Agents?

2. Smith is in Zion now (In one form or another). He has done what he wanted, but the machines are coming to destroy Zion anyway. What was it he hoped to accomplish once inside Zion?

3. I understand that all the Captains have codes to Zion, but what codes? Gate codes, mainframe codes? Only because Link opened a channel with Zion to gain access, not Morpheus.

This has been annoying me for a while. I apologise if it's been bought up before, but I couldn't find it after searching the forum. Hope someone can help shed some light on these questions.

MagicRat

JediHDM
1) yes, i believe they are unaware of the previous matrices. They know of the first, but not the subsequent ones. The agents are there, i believe, so that the rebels do not grow comfortable in thier life, to make sure that the ONE DOES return to the source, and they dont know it.
2) I think Smith wanted to go into the "real world" so that he could kill Neo while Neo doesn't have any powers
3) I didn't think of that, but it is possible that the captain has a piece of hardware that allows the ship to communicate with Zion control, and only he knows where it is at...if the ship tries to enter Zion without it, BLAM, he gets blown up...

AliasNeo15
1. I think smith knows of the others "That went as expected. Yes. Its happening exactly as before. Well not exactly."
2. same as Jedi.
3. Im guessing mainframe codes, becus he can enter that way, but i dont know why Morpheus should even know those codes. Its only for the bad of him.

magicrat
I was just watching the sequence in Matrix Reloaded where Link requests Access through the "Control" group (people in white room). There's no conversation on codes. The women asks link to stand-by and then she requests stand-down of arms at gate 3. I don't think there was any checking upon entering Zion.

In the case of AliasNeo15's response to Q1, you're right, however, I think he only gained this knowledge after becoming what he is now. Which, while I'm thinking of it, is basically a virus. Something that he hated about the human race in the first movie. In a sense, he has become what he hates most.

In the case of JediHDM's response to Q2, I think that's about it. Now Smith is in Zion, I think his goal is to try and kill Neo, as he fears Neo can alter the outcome of the Reload.

In the case of AliasNeo15's and Jedi HDM's responses to Q3, I think there may be more to that then has been answered. I don't neccessarily think it's a device. Now that I'm thinking of it, maybe it's something like the code that Neo has in him. But, then again, all the Captains have the Code's to Zion.

When Smith tried to replicate himself into Morpheous towards the end of Reloaded (in the hall of back-doors), might he have gained the codes to Zion then? And can Smith communicate to all replicants (even those outside the Matrix ie: Bain)?

In the first Matrix, when Neo dies in the Matrix, did Trinity actually communicate to Neo from the Real World? After reviewing that section of the film, I think she did..... So what if Smith can communicatethe codes to Zion (if he recieved them) to Bain? I doubt it is of much significance, but It's interesting to think about.

MagicRat

realworlddreams
ok, if u guys watch reloaded dvd, at chapter 4, min 12 sec 25, u can see the code for the ZION "matrix" (where they open the gates, etc...) IT"S BLUE!!!!!! SO, i think this, Matrix=green Real world Matrix=blue, because they obviously programmed their own out of the "Matrix" jus noticed, check it out, if i can resize the screenshot will post...

JediHDM
i don't think Smith knows of the previous versions of the Matrix, because, well i will explain my theory AT ODDS with your theory...
If Smith knew of the others, he would WANT Neo to stop the cycle, so that Smith wouldn't have to worry about the "stench" anymore...THus, i think Smith DOESN'T know about the others, and is only created for this Matrix, so that he is controlled like the humans...Smith doesn't know of the other matrices, otherwise, he would get out of the matrix and stay out, or he would just go on a rampage and kill EVERYONE so that the matrix would be over...Smith doesn't like the matrix, because he is always surrounded by the humans, so WHY would he want the matrix to continue, HMMM? So, Smith doesn't know about any matrix other than THIS ONE.

stinkfist462
but smithy did say "in the first matrix yada yada yada" i cant remember the rest... he said this while interregating morph.

JediHDM
yes, he knows about the first matrix, however, he doesn't say anything about the OTHERS...i think the concept of the FIRST, PERFECT matrix is given to the agents, in order to facilitate the hatred of the humans by the ZERO (Smith)...but he doesn't know that Neo is the sixth, i really dont think he does...

stinkfist462
yeah i think ur right... or maybe the program for smith lasted for two matrixes... the first and the sixth... u know like a program who enters the matrix every 6 or wutever times..... and the mtv awards rip off of m2 is funny as hell... i just got it on dvd... i mean .... m2 and its on there.

spydar1982
I think Smith was always a little different than the other Agents. As I write this I am thinking so many things I hope it all stays clear. But Smith mentions in Reloaded that they have a connection.

1) I think Smith had a feeling there was something else then what he was being told. Sort of how Neo could feel that he was different and there was more to his life then what he knew at the time (look at his first conversations with trinity and morph in the original movie)

2) Smith Killed Neo & Neo killed Smith. Both "reborn" (whatever... its late couldn't think of a word)

3) As far as my theory on Smith feeling something else. Look at when Neo and trinity break into the building and the other Agents walk in the room to report, but first suspiciously ask Smith what he was doing to Morph. Before he replied he plugged his earpiece back in.

4) he gave Neo his earpiece as a present, thanking him for unplugging him (pointing to his ear)

Zofie
1. Are the Agents unaware of the previous Matrix's? The whole reason for the interrogation of Morpheus was to gain the key (code's) to Zion. However, previous Zion's were destroyed without this knowledge. So, is the source just mind-phucking the Agents?

MagicRat cool Here's my "answer" to Question one: The Agents think humans are like virus. The agents are captured inside the Matrix, maybe they are jealous of the freedom of the humans in Zion. Agent Smith gets tired of being trapped inside the Matrix, he wants to kill all the humans living in Zion to make the Matrix unnessesary (no humans, no energy, no matrix...). And once the Matrix is gone, maybe the agents will be set free or something... The creator of the Matrix wants to spare the lives of some humans to create a better version of the matrix, and the agents will have to hang around for some more time.... rolling on floor laughing that's my theory... or something... =)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.