Is Neo becoming immortal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

husky321
When neo first fights morpheus he is punched a few times and bleeds from the mouth. Then he fights Smith in the subway and is really bloodied in both the matrix and real world but after he dies he does not seem to get hurt much. He fights smith in the burly brawl and is smashed into brick walls a few times but when he emerges into the real world he does not have any blood from his mouth or anywhere else. And in the chateau fight seen, he stops a sword and it barely draws blood. Then in the revolutions trailer he fly's into smith at break neck speed. I am assuming that he survives that encounter. In M1 smith told morpheus that this is about evolution or something to that extent. Is Neo evolving into immortality?

JediHDM
Neo is not becoming immortal, but he knows that the rules of the matrix can be bent and broken, and he knows that the matrix is not real...it helps that he sees it as code instead of the way we see it...What i'm saying is, Neo knows that nothing that happens in the matrix is real, so he cannot be hurt by it...thus, it seems he may be immortal, when he is just really talented

Sifer
Errr how do you know he isn't becoming Immortal Jedi? You don't.

dave123
he's becoming more resistant to the effects of the matrix at least

JKozzy
Immortality seems a bit extreme, but Neo certainly has changed over the times...

Heh I'm @ school... free my mind! :P

tshirt
I agree with Jedi.
One of the underlying themes is that truth is what you believe.

When you die in the Matrix, you die in real life. When you break your arm in the Matrix, the same happens in real life. Why? Because that is what you believe and the "body cannot live without the mind."

Another example is that Neo was the One. He had the gift. Only, he did not believe it. Once he believed it (after dying) he understood/believed he was the One.

So, in the Matrix when he is fighting Smith, if he truly believes that a punch cannot hurt him, then it cannot. In part, because he knows it is not real. But, there comes a point where Neo (or anyone else) begins to doubt their beliefs. This is when he becomes vulnerable. This is what happened with the sword in the castle. Then Smith or anyone else can kill him.

The same holds true of the others. They can do some amazing things because of what they believe. The difference is that there comes a point where they cannot get over their fear or belief that something is going to hurt or kill them. And thus, it does. (In some ways, it plays into the whole "Choice" theme also.)

dave123
so if your head got chopped of in the matrix, would it fall off in the real world aswell? i would have thought you just die, cos the body cant actually do that to itself...

tshirt
NO, your head falls off. It rolls around on the floor. Someone slips on the blood and yells and screams things like "Clean up in Aisle 7!"

rysdigital
lmao laughing out loud

droopy1592
Not quite...

JediHDM
yeah, um, not quite, but you do die...

Korri
laughing out loud

droopy1592
I see another vs. thread coming. Neo dispatched Superman, now he has to fight CONNOR MACLEOD

JediHDM
DUNCAN MACCLOUD....the Highlander...

droopy1592
Something like that...

-=Urot=-
There can be only Neo.. Err ONE!

Fire
HDM has a point I think

The Omega

stinkfist462
neo could becoming immortal caus ein m1 he did come back to life

audioheem
ok so ur head gets chopped off in the matrix and u die in the real world... but obv ur head doesnt fall off. what happens if u DO break ur arm in the matrix? ur body cant break the arm in the real world... maybe its fine but u feel like its broken?

stinkfist462
yeah probably... like if u get like infected with a matrix virus or sumthin.. willl u get it in the real world.??

The Omega

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.