Gladiator 2?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
I don't really expect this to be more than a good looking Blockbuster IF it ever comes out

so does anyone know wether or not the rumours are true?

SlayerChick1188
nope, but i have to admit that would be really lame if they did make one. It would just be one more example of how Hollywood is more out to make more money than to preserve great filmmaking...

The movie ended perfectly, they DON'T need to make a sequel!

Fire
actualy what I heard said it would be a prequel cause they'd need Maximus in it, since Crowe and Maximus carrie the entire movie

BackFire349
That first one is probably the most over rated movie I've ever seen. Oh, a movie about a gladiator who rises in power and over throws a king, never seen that story before.

o kiMMii o
lol i agree with backfire....
i never finished watching this film because i end up falling asleep on this movie everytime......i wana finish it but im not bothered
im not interested in this film....

BackFire349
Just watch Sparticus, same thing basically. The difference is, Sparticus is good.

Fire
True Gladiator is nothing more than pure entertainment with a decent soundtrack

tho I love the opening battle scene

buffymitch

SaTsuJiN
dear god... they have sinned

Fire
THx Buffy

I hope crowe is in it else I won't go see it

Evil Dead
Gladiator was great. It was a great story........with great acting........shot beautifully. Much better than this Lord of the Rings shit all of the kiddies seem to be into today.

buffymitch
It's very likely that Russell Crowe will return. Even if it's just an cameo. They are even thinking about just a sequel with hiom return. How?? you say. Well the Romans believed that somehow the dead could be brought back to life. I loved the first movie. but it doesn't matter if Mr. Crowe is in it or not. I will go see it.

BackFire349
Gladiator was not great. It was great the first time i saw it when it was called sparticus. And it was also great when it was called Braveheart. But the thrid time repeating the same story was not a charm for me. I found it redundant.

yerssot
there were a lot of "rome-movies" years ago BF, be glad you weren't around at that time wink

BackFire349
It wasn't that vague genre that was the same as other movies, it was the precise plot.

A gladiator rises up from slavery, gains power and control of an army and overthrows the king.

That is the EXACT same story as sparticus.

Kes
Well he was a leader that was disgraced and then gets is vengeance. Against an emperor.

BackFire349
wow, so like the plot for 15 minutes of the movie isn't stolen. Yippee.

Kes
lol I've probably seen Spartacus but dont remember. Oliver Reed dieing kinda tru them for a spin and they fired the writer got another bla bla. I think the biggest problem with the movie is that it drags a bit.

forumcrew
there are detailes... it is NOT a prequel, because russel crowe's character maximus is not in the sequel.. its not goign to be about gladiators.. riddley scott has done that and is done with it. He stated in a recent article he has finished the script and the new movie will revolve around the politics of Rome.. the big returning character is lucious (the little boy).. and while it may have been overrated for its story.. the original was still an awesome film

RZA
Originally posted by SlayerChick
nope, but i have to admit that would be really lame if they did make one. It would just be one more example of how Hollywood is more out to make more money than to preserve great filmmaking...

Ditto. Same here. Thank you. thumb up

Jackie Malfoy
I hope the rumors are wrong.There is no need for Gladiator two after how the first one ends.I do'nt want to say how it does just incase some of you never seened it before.
Anyway it will bomb if they make another one and it would be worthless.JM thumb down

firearm
gladiator was a great movie and i'd love to see a sequel but it would have high expectations because the ending of the first one was awesome

jaden101
gladiator suffered from the same problem that all Ridley Scott films do with the exception of blade runner...they are all great visual films and are well shot...but they are all poor in the plot stakes...even with pre written stuff like hannibal...scott managed to destroy everything that was good about the novel

gladiator set in the years of the roman conquests of the barbarians would not really be a "gladiator" movie would it

i think that the hannibal the conquerer film will do for now

BackFire
Gladiator is a piece of generic garbage.

KidRock
Gladiator 2 would be good. The first one was great i wouldnt mind seeing the second.

wuTa
Originally posted by BackFire
That first one is probably the most over rated movie I've ever seen. Oh, a movie about a gladiator who rises in power and over throws a king, never seen that story before.

holy shit!!....i thought i was the only one.....i knew i wasnt crazy

GCG
Originally posted by SlayerChick

Exactly !

A movie packed with defining moments but for all Russell's crowing (" On my signal, unleash Hell!" ; " Are you not entertyained?" etc), its RidleyScott's haunting, recurring shot of Maximus rustling his way back to the bosom of his deceased family that really hits the button.

Glorious closure.

GCG
Originally posted by Fire
actualy what I heard said it would be a prequel cause they'd need Maximus in it, since Crowe and Maximus carrie the entire movie

I heard it would be a prequel, but without ant mention of Crowe being in it. It would be the story of Proximvs (the late Oliver Reed) gaining his freedom from Marcvs Aurelivs.

forumcrew
Originally posted by GCG
I heard it would be a prequel, but without ant mention of Crowe being in it. It would be the story of Proximvs (the late Oliver Reed) gaining his freedom from Marcvs Aurelivs.

did no one read what i wrote? coming directly from an interview with ridley scott he said he was doing a script for a SEQUEL that had nothing to do with gladiators it was about the politics of Rome and the main character was Luscious (who was the little boy in the 1st)

GCG
to be honest, NO , i didnt read your post. embarrasment

But it wouldnt make ant sense naming it Gladiator 2 , when the movie has nothing to do with Gladiators. Besides i wouldnt bet a penny on the success of the movie if its going to be based on Politics. Audiences are fed up of politics. Everyday we turn on our beloved TVs and all there is in politics.

Even the General Discussion thread here on KMC is marred with politics, and when a particular topic has got nothing to do with politics, political referance gets often applied.

Well thats my political rant.

forumcrew
well he never said it would be titled Gladiator 2 he just said he was working on a script for a sequel.. i dont think it would be called gladiator 2

RZA
Originally posted by GCG
Exactly !

A movie packed with defining moments but for all Russell's crowing (" On my signal, unleash Hell!" ; " Are you not entertyained?" etc), its RidleyScott's haunting, recurring shot of Maximus rustling his way back to the bosom of his deceased family that really hits the button.

Glorious closure.

I agree thumb up

There has been much talk about a sequel/pre-quel but I just don't think it will happen. Far too many constraints against it. Not to mention that true fans of the film would hate a sequel for the reason you mentioned.

I definitely wouldn't want a sequel but a prequel might be interesting if done right.

Ultraman Baltan
"Gladiator" was an absolutely fantastic movie. Two thumbs up. But making another one? That should be considered a sin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.