***SPOILER*** in the Real World?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

smith_virus
I was watching the final trailer and noticed something at the very end...There's a quick cut of a ship crashing down to the ground, and in the background, (semi) clear sky! So far in the movies, the real world sky has always been black and scorched ("From Red Core to Black Sky"wink due to the nuclear events that took place. So, let the speculation begin as to where this clear sky appears in the movie.

I have several theories:

Somehow the humans prevail and begin to clear the sky and this ship is crashing toward the end of the movie during the climactic battle.
The shot is from inside the Matrix, and somehow the 'real world' ships are used inside.
The Brothers screwed up and forgot about he whole 'nuclear winter' thing.
The machines were clearing it up themselves, preparing to go to solar power, while the unsuspecting humans remained down in the ground where they can't see the sky.

Any other theories or thoughts?

droopy1592
Maybe the machine originally scortched the sky so we couldn't grow food... Maybe that story from zion's mainframe is from the perspective of the machine's or is a story written for control.

droopy1592
There's gonna be a big twist in the movie, I can feel it.

JediHDM
the ship flies ABOVE the cloud cover, that is no proof of anything, except physics...

burlyman
search search search search search

miggfl
wow, no one ever caught this before or mentioned it.

In the last 10 minutes..

JediHDM
miggfl> HAHAHA...

soybean311
That ship could be the ship Trinity and Neo used to get to the Machine Capital? Didn't us humans scorch the sky?

JediHDM
yes, we did scorch the sky, however, you cannot scorch ALL the sky...not even clouds cover ALL of the atmosphere, only about one, maybe two layers...so, if you were to fly ABOVE the layer that is scorched, you would see the sky. And i'm pretty sure that is the Logos...

Ushgarak
Yes, this has been mentioned several times- the instant the trailer came out, for a start. The ship seems to be flying over the scorch covering.

miggfl
I'm turning into the old grumpy poster here and I've only been here like a month sad

JediHDM
miggfl> WELCOME, to the old people club...JJ, but it begins to get to you, huh?

-=Urot=-
It does get a bit redundant talking about the samething over and over again. With all the new comers its hard to avoid the over lapping topics/posts.

I would love to get more info about the matrix online.

audioheem
i think the sky (if it ever was) is still scorched coz theres that comic where the dude uses the sentinel as a bomb and if the sky was unscorched then im sure zion would have found out somehow.

The Omega
Oh, dear. I suppose I should've had a big link in the FDT thread. This must be the giga-zillionth time this is discussed...

audioheem
ah chill out, like i said, some people will never learn so get used to repeated threads

The Omega
I've been here long enough to know repetition gets to become hell. And that I have every right to complain when the mood strikes me.
So cut the crap.
Thank you for your corporation.

Sifer
Just went watchin Kill Bill and the trailer was attached - man was I happy big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.