What continuity errors are there in the first matrix movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bobsticles_bob
People keep telling me there are continuity errors in the movie but no-one told me what. Anybody got any ideas?

burlyman
apparently theres a frame when he bends the spoon that was wrong

bobsticles_bob
That cant be it though...I never understood how they could get all thatmuch wrong anyway. With all that money.

Ushgarak
It's mostly bullet time- stuff not being in such sequences that should be. It's all very forgivable stuff.

bobsticles_bob
Forgivable? So why are people making such a massive deal of it? I mean the bullet time is mostly computers rite? So shouldnt the computer have seen the differences and ironed them out or not even made them in the first place or something?

JediHDM
the computers can only do what the HUMANS want them to...And we aren't bringing them up, you are...

bobsticles_bob
well yeah, ok then, so why didnt the HUMANS want them to get rid of the continuity errors? And i was only asking.

JediHDM
maybe they didn't see them...I haven't seen them, i didnt know they were there...

bobsticles_bob
Well ive seen the film many times and i havent noticed any, yet people tell me that there is somthing like 30 errors in it. Somebody must have a lot of time on their hands to pick them out...

rysdigital
http://imdb.com/title/tt0133093/goofs, most of it is bullshit though, the writers don't seem to realize the matrix is a virtual world.

bobsticles_bob
Well you really have to be quite into it if you can actually write about it...they must take it quite seriously otherwise it wouldnt be so convincing.

JediHDM
OMG, that is SO nit-picky...for real...

fanatos
The only "error" I know from the first Matrix is this.
When Neo and Trinity are on the roof and an agent comes out, Neo starts shooting the agent. Then when he's out of bullets he drops his guns on the floor, right? And then starts the bullet time, but if you look carefully you'll see that there are no guns around Neo during the bullet time. ANd when the bullet time is over and Neo lays on the floor, then you can see the guns beside him.

That's what I know.

Wolfwood
seriously, if you analyze almost ANY movie to that extreme you'll find multiple errors as well.

dave123
this one kinda made sense: if trinity's chopper was out of gas so it started falling, why did it explode when it crashed, there SHOULDNT be anything flammable enough to make that explosion

Jeid/sifer etc... feel free to tell me why it would still blow up big grin

droopy1592
Every movie ever made is like this. You see one scene where a woman's shirt is buttoned all the way, flips to the person she's talking to, then back to her, shirt is down a couple buttons.

Whooptidooooo, nothing to see here, move along. I could see if there were real holes in the story but there isn't.

burlyman
didnt smith shoot it down confused

Wolfwood
are we forgetting here the golden rule of action movies? Everything MUST explode!

dave123
no no, u r missing the point, burley

smith shoots, gas leaks out so it cant fly, and starts to fall (therfore, there is no fuel in it)
but when it hits the building, KABLAMOOOOO, if there is no fuel, why does it still EXPLODE?

PersefonePotter
I noticed an error the other day... kind of a technicality though.

When Neo is being arrested, you can look up at the balcony above his head. FREEZE FRAME: There is a camera man up on the balcony.

JediHDM
Well, it explodes because...its supposed to explode? I Don't know, although it should still technically have enough gas in it to cause some kind of explosion, whether there are holes in the tank or not...i should go back and watch M1 again...

dave123
but if there was enough fuel to make it blow up, then there is enough fuel to keep it in the air, right?

JediHDM
a helicopter is a delicate machine, and perhaps just the fact that it was hit caused it to go out of control...There has to be some explanation, they wouldn't do something so blatantly obvious if there wasn't an explanation, and i'm not a mechanic, so i don't know, but perhaps the bullets hit something else, besides the gas tank, like the gyroscope, etc, so that it couldn't function very well anymore...

burlyman
he is beginning to believe
that he can make things spontaneously combust?
yeargh..

droopy1592
It's the guys from NBC.

droopy1592
Looked like Hydrolic fluid to me.

systemic_one
Maybe the explosion is a mix between the propellors hitting electrical wiring in the building (which any building has, i think) and im sure there is gas left in it...but helicopters are strange and if it senses something wrong it will go down. But im gonna stick with the electrical wiring in the building...plus there is surely oil and other flammable liquids in a helicopter. but what do i know.

JediHDM
ok, i just watched it again, and, WHAT GAS IS RED?! it looks like motor oil to me, which would explain how the helicopter looses control and also how it explodes...

Cybornut
Oh course, if you know engines, then decompression of the gas tank would make it not being able to deliver them as fast as the engine requires. Unlike cars, the helicopter's engine has very precise oil requirement amd injection rates and if there was no pressure then the motor would start to studder and eventually cease, full tank or otherwise.

Also, for the nit-pickers, the fuel gauge is also linked to pressure. Apparence if a lost of fuel can (possibly) happend with a pierced and decompressed tank.

Just my 2 cents, and right as far as I know... but I don't know ANYTHING...

Verity
Oh!!!!...Every movie has errors!!!!!!!!! I have not seen one that doesn't have some imperfection, especially after you've seen the movie about a gizillion times!!!!!!!!!! Get over it!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/bored.gif

spydar1982
One error i noticed was when Neo and trinity blow up the lobby in M1 its like there was never a shoot out right before that. its in perfect condition.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.