Downloads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
For reasons unknown to me I cant download video files, or they are downloaded but instead of being showed in windows media the dvd player pops up. My question is if there are any way I can overrule this action. When I start to download it used to ask what file I wanted to downlod it to, that doesent happen any more. It seems to "know" where it will be put. I`ve noticed the problem when I tried to download the DVD commercial of EPI of TFN. Any suggestion

R.C
Sounds like you have a file association issue my friend. Unfortunately you don't say which type of video file but as it's media player I guess it is mpg, avi or asf.

What has happened is that you have set up an asociation with one of those file types to you DVD software.

There are several solutions. If you just want to associate a particular type of file with media player then method one is easiest, assuming you have a file of the type you want to asscoiate on you HDD.

Find a file of the type (ASP. MPG, AVI) in windows explorer.
Click the file once to highlight it.
Hold down the CTRL key and click the right hand mouse button on the file.
You will have an extra option in the context menu call "Open With" - Choose this.
A new menu box will open, scroll down until you find Microsoft (R) Media Player
Highlight the Media player, click the checkbox for "Always use this program...." and click OK. You have just associated you file type with a program.

Alternately, you can manually edit the filetype associations.
Open Windows Exploder...
From the menu choose Tool -> Folder Options
Choose the file types tab
Find the extention for the filetype you are trying to play.
You can delete the actions or edit them.
Typically, if you want to play using Media player the program line is "CermProgram Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /Play "%L"
This can get a little tricky, especially if you have installed Media Player in a different location.
I would not recommend it.

finti
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Thanks for the help RC. Fumbling around with your guidance I right clicked on the media wideo players icon and under properties I found out that the mpeg box was not checked. It all works fine now. With out your help RC I would still be in the dark!!!!!!! rolling on floor laughing smile

R.C
Oh, I see, go for the easy solution!!! I was saving those for later... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

queeq
We shoudl give RC his own Support Forum. big grin

R.C
Been there, done that!!! laughing out loud

finti
Pepsi max never did that big grin

R.C
NO, but I did. rolling on floor laughing

finti
damn I still get e-mails even though I checked no in the box . confused confused

R.C
Ush said the same thing...

queeq
No probs here. But I never selected it before. Maybe that's causing the problem.

finti
Thats why I went in to change it I got a ton of e-mails. All the replys to posts where I posted.

R.C
Ah, that may be under a different section. You have set "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" to no now I assume.

Check in "My vB Home" to make sure you haven't subscribed to any threads of forums there.

finti
yes to your first question
no subsription to the other.

queeq
Quite strange that some have it and other don't.

R.C
You're screwed then. laughing out loud

queeq
Ooops.

Ushgarak
It's still happening; I am snowed under with mails. I didn't even set the option in the first place; it was on by default.

Gundark
Very frustrating. I am now scrolling my e mail.

R.C
Did this ever get sorted?

Ushgarak
Oddly,. it only seems to apply to about three threads, including the bar. I am still getting loads of mails a day because of posts there.

R.C
Set up a delete rule.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.