Just an Opinion on "the kid"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

morgan01
This is a personal opinion and I am new to this forum. I think the kid will have a much larger role in M3 than in M2 but because this movie is a movie and is based that most of its viewers are clueless to the animatrix and websites like this I cannot imagine the kid being the "one" or even being a main character. Most people who would go to see the movie would not understand what makes him so special and unless they went into it in detail during the movie (which i doubt they will) then he is just a supporting character. I cannot wait till this D*** movie comes out already cuz im dieing to see it. I can only imagine the suprises and the twists. I really would love to see neo fight the architect although it seems that Neo will be on the same side as the machines.

What does get me confused is when agent smith says "its happening exactly as before, well not exactly" Would this mean he's referring to the 5 other anomalies ? I think the Smith Virus has never happened before and this is where the real prophecy starts. The path of the one is supposed to happen, but for once the anomaly decides not to save humanity through reloading but actually being the "one" not just the anomaly

lllNEOlll
Instead of making a "controlled" choice (one or the other...A or B) he chooses the unexpected C-all of the above!!

priestjim
The unexpected thing in the whole story is the turning from agent Smith to virus Smith. This is what turned everything upside-down.

JediHDM
morgan> NO, i dont think Smith knows of the previous versions. and i agree that i dont think SMITH has happened before, that Neo is the TRUE ONE, so there has never before been the need for a SMITH-virus, or a virus in particular, because the Archie knew they wouldn't choose the "wrong" door...

droopy1592
He's got it!

spydar1982
why wouldn't he? he is part of the system. are you saying that only the architect knows about the older versions?

priestjim
Well yeah, if you think about it, if there weren't Smith none of this would have happened! Neo would be another "One".

Sifer
What do you mean he doesn't know about the previous versions?

"Afterwards, I knew the rules..."
"It's happening exactly as before...Well, not exactly"
"You know that the first matrix was a perfect world..." (wording may be a bit off)

Also, the machines didn't create Smith to turn into a virus, hence the reason they accept Neo's help. From what is said, this isn't the first version of the matrix with the Prophecy so it would be therefore a logical assumption that there were agents in previous version and possibly Smithy boy - or maybe not wink

priestjim
Smith wanted to get freed from the agent system from M1. Remember the scene with Smith and Morph? With the serum?

The Omega

Sifer
Indeed Omega smile

Sifer
PriestJim: Yeah, read my Morph thread - the syrum is interesting isn't it smile

JediHDM
i dont think that Smith knows, because each of those descriptions can be reinterpreted in another way, just like the Archies "please"...I think we will only know for SURE, after revolutions comes out...however, seeing as how i think that everything is controlled by purpose, and there is no real choice, then it is easy to see why we disagree...

The Omega

JediHDM
i think that he just CANNOT stand the humans, they are beyond his ability to understand...He cannot understand them, so he wants to kill them...Hmmm, this reminds me of something, what was it...? Oh, yes, thats right, it reminds me of the Machines vs the humans in 2nd Renais., except with a COMPLETE role reversal, where it is the program that cannot stand the humans, and the human who wants to work with the machines...each has become more like the other...also, didn't Morpheus already know about the first Matrix? i mean, Smith tells him this, but morpheus says NOTHING about it later on...it always seemed to me that they know about the first attempt, but not the subsequent ones...it is possible that SMITH has survived, but wouldn't "better programs be written to replace the obsolete(smith) ones"? I mean, the old Agents were created to replace the original Agents (hmm, upgrades) so, i dont think that the same agent would survive for 7 or 8 iterations of the matrix, then be made obsolete...doesn't compute in my mind...

Korri
The kid is annoying me!!

SimplePriest
ehh hrmm -- lets see if I remember how to type. It's been a while.

How about this possibility. The matrix is trying to become more "real," as in the simulation is more acceptable to humans, and we "wake up" from it less often. Ok, we've all agreed with that and it kinda makes sense. Well to do this, they try to understand more and more about humans. Ok, still makes sense. Each time the matrix is reloaded it's another level closer. Ahh, but along with that, the coding/programing for the ONE is one step more human. Which equals, one step stronger in matrix terms. Think about it. His mind is more free, therefore he bends more rules (some can be bent, others can be broken), he's faster, stronger (do you think my strength or speed has anything to do with my muscles in this place), and so on and so forth. WELL, if the ONE is stronger, then who else would have to be stronger to "match" him? The agents. *objection your honor, is the Priest getting anywhere with this* Yeah, just a second. Almost there. So the agents get stronger which in 'some' ways equals more human. As they try to make them understand humans more, they also cause them to be more and more like us. This seems to be coming through the most in agent Smith. We see it in his frustration and anger in M1. He's beginning to feel at least the basest emotions like anger. So, quick review. Reload a better matrix --> makes a better one --> makes better agents... and this goes until *pop* voila, the One is too strong, and too free. He loves Trinity too damn much. And he goes to save her. And of course there's Smith, who Neo jumped into and messed up even further. But did he return to the source to be deleted as most programs do when they are made obsolete. No.

"Afterward, I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey." Why? What changed. He is different (maybe) because this time around he is more human (I use that term very loosely... please bear with me).

So now we have two things that haven't happened before. An agent that is now a virus. And the One who has chosen a different door. Ahh, the matrix is loosing it's mind. *Ok ok, something must be done. Dang, we have to team up with the One to get this virus defeated. We can't make it on our own.* That certainly seems to fit what the oracle said.

the only way to get there is together.

I don't know. This is just a theory, and I'm a little rusty. What do you guys think? ;\

priestjim
Yes, when Smith talked about not doing what he should he was more human. That is because Neo left a part of his human self/soul inside Smith. Smith is more human than anything other from the machine world (I think smile )

JediHDM
very good, priest...hmm, i think im gonna have to call you simple all the time, so i dont congratulate someone im not trying to *cough*^

priestjim
Are you implying something Jedi?

JediHDM
er, huh, um, what? What are you talking about...?

priestjim
I guess you don't like me that much sad

spydar1982
i think its just because that idea had been mentioned before... its okay though hes a hard one to impress. trying to post with him is like being 39 years old and approaching the jedi council for training..... (damn nerd jokes...sorry again)

priestjim
I think it's because I lied once saying that I am a cinema journalist which I am not sad

JediHDM
i'm sorry, although spydar is right, i am a hard one to impress...
"approach the council..." smile

spydar1982
ahhahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahha funny stuff... well maybe we can insert you back in the matrix and you can then become one.... AN IMPORTANT ONE at that!!!

priestjim
If you are refering to me I cannot be One. I am a Smith, don't you see? A Smith Version 2.0 smile

spydar1982
well i didnt mean THE ONE but ok. Can I ask a question? How does it feel knowing you are going to get your ass kicked in the next movie?

JediHDM
spydar> HAHAHAHA...you think you will win but you will not...

spydar1982
jedi> you think smith is going to win???

spydar1982
if neo dies i don't think it will be bcause smith kicked his ass, it will be that neo "sacrificed" himself for mankind, like its said that jesus did for our sins.

feanorlp
Well... I think it's possible that the kid may have some abilities of his own.... my reasoning is that when the they get back to Zion in the beginning he shows up and they're like.. "how does he always know"?!?... so maybe he has some abilities of his own.....

Verity
I think it just means Michael is a Neo stalker wacko If he has abilities, it wouldn't involve knowing Neo's whereabouts. shifty

priestjim
OK I am going to get my ass kicked but I don't care. I have my cookies and I am giving you none! And well, it is not that difficult to find out when a ship has arrived at Zion which one it is!

nobody
New here thought I would give you something to think about. If "the kid" is so special, then why is he dead. According to the end of Reloaded, everyone in Zion was killed except one person, that being the virus smith. I'm not saying you're wrong, because I think the same thing, just wondering how he is still alive and where he is. big grin

JediHDM
no, that is wrong. the "one survivor" refers to the people on the ships that were hit while mounting a surprise attack, of which only Bane survived. The Sentinels have not reached Zion yet, thats what happens in Revo.

nobody
DOH!!! embarrasment Ok, I thought that was a little wierd that I saw a bunch of people in the previews. Ok, cool. Thanks.

JediHDM
no prob, i thought the same thing the first time i saw it too...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.