Smith problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

systemic_one
I am new to the forum....so ill start by saying hi. I've been a fan of the matrix since the first. I've watched reloaded about 20 times since ive gotten the DVD. There is on splinter in my mind however about smith. So i begin.... In M1 Smith wanted the codes to Zion so he could destroy it. The problem here is why? In M2 we learn that the prophecy is another means of control and that the destruction of Zion is inevitable once the one reaches the source because they know this will happen. The anomally is inevitable. So why in M1 does smith want the codes to zion? My only explantion is that he does not know about the anomaly. Which means when he was written he was programmed to keep order and try to get the codes to Zion to destroy it. Here comes the problem. In M2 after the first agent fight smith comes out and says "It's happening exactly as before" Which suggests the idea that he knows about the anomaly. So is smiths search for the zion codes for his personal gain to be "free"?

JediHDM
I just went back and watched M1, and something struck me as funny...Look ate the way he acts with Morpheus, it is almost like his entire existence depends on whether or not he gets the codes to Zion. This makes me think he DOESN'T know about the others, he doesn't know about the previous Matrixes, like the first matrix was told to him so that he WOULD become tired of the matrix, like he would become the virus...So, i'll still keep to my theory...

systemic_one
Yeah but that doesn't explain the line at exactly 11 minutes into Reloaded
Smith: "It's happening exactly as before"
Smith2: "Well not exactly".

Which would refer to how Smith is now copying himself. Which wouldnt be the same as before. And another things i just thought of which has probably been addressed. The backdoors as neo says are "programmers access" which explains how smith is doing what he does. Because he was in the backdoors towards the end of reloaded. How he got programmers access....i dont know. Smith had to know, or maybe he learend of it somehow. Which explains why he is coming after Neo, because he knows he is the one and is the only things that stands in his way. What smith wants...i dont know..but we will find out in Revolutions.

JediHDM
SMITH wanted to be free, but now he wants to take purpose from NEO...and i dont think that that line means anything other than, oh, look, now i can clone myself, even though Neo is still fighting agents...

systemic_one
But why would the machines have agents trying to get the codes to zion if they know or think they know what is going to happen once the one is found? The only explanation is the Smith knows about the one. And he feels that if he destroys Zion there will be no one to find "the one" therefore there would be no need for him to be there. As he said. I think Smith is more trying to take over the matrix rather than take purpose from Neo. He wants to be free, "He wants everything" right? His hopes of being free and not need in the system is shot because neo destroyed him. That is if my theory is correct about smiths motives in M1.

JediHDM
no, i dont think so...i think the Agents are frivilous, unnecessary, except to make sure the rebels do not grow comfortable in their lifestyle...they have to have someone to fight against, someone seemingly unstoppable, except by the ONE...thus, the one is created, and must choose to save his species...

systemic_one
I dug back a little...back in a post HDM made in "who freed morpheus" you said the same thing about how what smith says means he could be fighting agents. but everyone fights agents so what. there have always been agents. so thats clearly irrelevant. Smith knows...and has his own motives...besides taking Neo's purpose... From the revolutions theatre trailer "Tonight the future of both worlds are in your hands or in his". Smith wants to take over because thats the only way he can be free.

JediHDM
yes, i agree that "Smith wants to take over because thats the only way he can be free", but thats irrelevant to the line that you are using...

systemic_one
How is it irrelevant...either the future is in Neo's hands or Smith's hands which shows balance of power. It says that Smith has the power over the matrix unless Neo wins. Another line from another trailer: "You are all that stands in his way" oracle to neo. basically the problem which hasnt been solved is "does smith know about the one and previous matrixes in M1, which he doesnt...how does he find out in M2?" Also did Neo's special code copy to Smith?

JediHDM
I dont think Smith knows even now...he is just a pawn in the B166ER picture (hahaha...sorry). and i was saying that using "its happening exactly as before" is irrelevant to the idea, not that Smith has the power to stop the matrix...

morgan01
the agents are part of the control, they do not kill morphious even when they have the chance and notice that agent smith was the only one asking for the codes to zion. the agents have done this with the previous "one's" without them having morphious neo would never realize he is the one and then he would never go to the source. my point is the agents know neo is the one they are part of the control, in my opinion smith is tired of being part of the matrix somehow he has began being disgusted by it. notice in M1 when the 2 other agents see smith talking they proceed to ask what were/are you doing? its not supposed to happen that way, smith even takes out his ear plug he wants to destroy zion now because its not supposed to happen that way he wants to get free.

my whole point is this would explain the "its happening as it did before, well not exactly" in the past the one is supposed to go to the source its all a control, smith knows now that it will come down to him and neo.

audioheem
Smith's purpose was to get the codes to the Zion Mainframe and he failed, hence he no longer exists as an Agent of the Matrix (coupled with the fact that Neo destroyed him). I believe that even if Neo had not destroyed him, he would have faced deletion due to the, "Hmm, upgrades." Given that destiny or fate plays a huge role, or perhaps we can say that from the beginning, the Architect knew that Smith would not get the access codes - we can see that it is just a game. There are things which will happen for certain; that is why the Oracle and Neo can, "see without time." It is because these events have already happened in a way we couldn't understand because we need chronological order to understand events occurences. Like someone said in another post, it is like ETM, if you took it apart to a certain degree, you could see what would happen where. The problem is choice. You have a limited amount of control or choice in ETM, and the same applies to the Matrix, because the outcome up to a certain point; is destined. This point would be where the Architect or whoever else is in charge; has stopped. The point where the control ends.

Verity
Smith wants power. He always has. It is the oldest story of the "servant" who wishes some reward for his help. He is simply working behind his masters back. Though I think the architect knows...The master always finds out.

droopy1592
I think they just needed a reason to keep Morpheus alive.

Otherwise they would have killed him. Codes were for access to the ZION mainframe, and the machines could then hack....

Part of the Story so NEO could realise that he's the one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.