help!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

therock316
i read somewhere on the internet that in the book this happens can someone tell me wat this means "The Scouring of the Shire"!!!Please ur hepl wood be greatly appresiatedsmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

shadowy_blue
But I heard they will skip it in the movie though..sad..but well since you asked..I'm not goin' into full detail but basically it is the part where Saruman was killed by Grima Wormtongue and Grima was killed by the other hobbits. But just like the news, they will not do that in the movie. They will both die in a different way.

drunk_nazgul
The Scouring of the Shire.... did you read the books/

shadowy_blue
Obviously he didn't that's why he's asking what's it all about. wink

sauron
the scouring of the shire is, where the hobbits return to the shire 2 find all this bullsh!t rule stuff and sum ruffians as they get called, basically every1 is in jail so the hobbits set of 2 find mr. sackville bagigns lotho, who they think is behind it all there is a bit where the hobbits fight the ruffians n scare em away, then saruman appears and ses its all his fault, gets cheeky and cocky, and sets off 2 walk away but grima wormtongue slits his throat and gets arrowed 2 bits they skipped it in the movie though the scouring of the shiure was shown in the fellowship when frodo looks in the mirror of galadriel, and insted *spoiler here* saruman dies when grima pushes him of orthanc onto his pointless spiky wheey which was never there b4 lol and then legolas fires an arrow into the air, and grima laughs because legolas missed and the audience goes "wat the hell was that" but then te arrow comes back down n through grimas head, lol the goon

therock316
thats u guys have been a lot of helpsmile

Verity
That would suck! I don't want them to change that! That part's really good!

Maikahyandowen
yeah. revenge of the hobbits!!!!
rolling on floor laughing big grin wacko What the f**k?

Smodden
thats incredible is that what will realy happen in the movie or is that somethin' u made up?

BingaBonga
simply read the books, it helps a lot, stupid pj for skipping the war in the shire......

Exa
Yes, that Orthanc-thing will probably be seen though it's not yet sure as PJ filmed 5 different versions of Saruman's death.
I havent heard before that the arrow will miss his mark wink
And the wheely thing WAS already there before, you can clearly see it on all the miniatures and I think also in the film.

fini
hey therock316.................do urself a HUGE favour and read the book please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BingaBonga
i agree with fini, especially if you're going to be in this section a lot... it's quite annoying when people haven't read the books... and have a lot of questions, some is okay but a lot is just annoying...wink

Ariadne
Yeah, the only way to really understand the movies is to read the books, plus there's all the stuff that they left out, like Tom Bombadil. (Treebeard pulling a Tom Bombadil and saving Pippin and Merry is a nice thought, but it should probably just stay a thought.)

I have a friend who loves the movies and knows all about them, but I can't get her to finish TT or read RotK! It is my new mission though. Everyone needs to read the books!

BingaBonga
i have a question that has to do with wars in the shire... was the last war before this one in like 1200 3rd age?

Exa
The only other war in the shire is the battle in 2747 TA.

The hobbits didnt even really live in the shire yet in 1200 TA.

BingaBonga
oh, i meant the third age, but i must have got mixerd up with the years of hobbits (they're different than man years), if u know what i mean...

Exa
In the Reckoning of the Hobbits, 1200 is nearly correct, I think. At least far more correct.

BingaBonga
okie dokie Happy Dance

Exa
smile

It was 1147

BingaBonga
well i was only off by about 50 years...

Exa
Right smile

Where did you take the date from?
The birthdate of Bandobras or what?

BingaBonga
no, i just guessed that it was around 1200 i just read the books this summer... i just remembered... smile

Exa
wow thumb up

BingaBonga
yup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.