Do u think that arwen will die in rotk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BingaBonga
I was just watching the trailer again and i saw the picture of arwen laying on this bed type thing and it looks like she kind-of is dead, but then i saw the leaves around her and i thought that that might be a picture of her dead, so now i'm confused, my computer is messed up and it won't let me post a picture from my documents so could someone else do the honors for me? thanxs, and please help!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/rip.gif

Seraph
course she wont die.

must_kill_Santa
no she doesnt die read the books

GABRIEL05
they might show her dying anywayz though in the movie but only as an epilogue sort of deal maybe.

Angoreth
If they have her die it is wrong. I think they should go by the book. Movies now adays seem to drift from the orginal writing. they didn't have Farmer maggot in the first one which he in his wagon took the three hobbits(Frodo,Sam and Pippin) to the farry. It is already three hours long whats another one going to hurt.
I also say read the books. For if you haven't there is much you are missing out on. They do not have Arwen die in the books.

BingaBonga
hey, look, i read the books, and if you read the appendix's the aragorn and arwen love story part, she does die, after he does, has anyone seen the trailer??? do you know what i'm talking about?

Angoreth
Yes I have read the appendix's also, and you are right she does die. But as for the the third age she does not die there and the movies are taken place in the third age, I thought you were asking as far as in the third age does she die. I wasen't trying to offend you at all, please know this. And yes I have seen the trailer, I know what your talking about.

Angoreth-

BingaBonga
*still looking for a way to show you guys the picture*http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/wallbash.gif

Verity
Why would Arewn die, if she doesn't die in the books? That would be BLASPHEMY! wink

BingaBonga
http://www.meduseld.btinternet.co.uk/spoilergalleryframes.htm

there's bigger pictures out there but right now i can't find it, so here it is, and if you ever find the bigger one you can see details including the leaves, so you can tell that it's outside, and her lying in that type of bed was exactly how i imagined her dying, but that's my imagination....

BingaBonga
crap the link doesn't go to the exact picture like it should have, but it's toward the bottom, it's her lying in a bed with more detail...

Verity
Hmmm....I think she is simply distraught by the absence of Aragorn. I've seen the trailer too, and they suggest that what Lord Elrond says to his daughter is devastating to her hopes. But she hangs on, so I wouldn't worry! wink

BingaBonga
i guess... maybe... it might just be elrond thinking of the future of his daughter like he did in towers.... wink

fini
Arwen cant die in ROTK ( not during the movie itself)..........she has to get married to Aragorn ............and come on that isn't a spoiler.......everyone's knows that by now

Joseph_Kerr
Or BB just wants Arwen to be dead. wink

BingaBonga
well, whoever loves lotr should have read the books by now....

nemo
oh come on, some ppl love the movie but just couldn't be bother to read the books. some just don't like reading.
this is going into snobbery, the one who have read it looking down on those who haven't.
we should stop it guys, a movie fan is still a fan. and this is a movie forum.http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/ban.gif

BingaBonga
okay okay, a movie fan is still a fan, but when i didn't read the books and watched the first movie, i was so confused i thought that middle earth was where just the orcs lived, so i will just say a statement, people should read the books just for the heck of it, there. big grin

fini
yeah without the book we would never have THIS SECTION..........and if ur a movie fan of lotr , be true to urself and read the book from which this masterpiece was born.

Lady Ellie
Yep, so true!

Exa
I heard that this is the scene when Arwen gets mortal - she kinda dies at least her immortal part does and afterwards she is mortal

tiger lilly
and here she is!

BingaBonga
woot!! go lotr!!!
Happy Dance
Happy Dance Happy Dance

Angoreth
I agree, I think people should read lotr books for fun, and if they haven't thats nothing held against them.

BingaBonga
you know, i don't understand how people don't like to read any type of books, i mean i luv lotr and i saw the first movie before i read them, since i was like only 11 when i saw it, so i just read them when i was 12, but i understood everything when i read them... woot! reading

BingaBonga
hey do u think this whole thread was a spoiler well if not....

Arwen dies after Aragorn dies because she's so sad, and she dies after everything she has gained is lost.... poor arwen...

fini
hmmm well thats in the appendix

OrliNElijahsGrl
hmmm, i read too and heard alot about the whole arwen thing, and im all confused...theres times i THINK shes gonna die in ROTK, and then i think that shes not

But we must be the patient ones and watch and see in the movie, i did read in the appendix too about arwen and aragorn, if THAT is in included, then more tissues for me! But we will alllllll seeeeee when it comes out, im taking PLENTY of tissues! I really hope arwen doesnt die, i enjoy her character, hence...why i am dressing up as her for halloween, HEHEHE!

forumcrew
how can u have a do you think for a movie where the story is already released.. instead just say hey someone who read the book does this happen cause im too lazy to read it

Exa
In the book she does not
She does in the appendices

But thats no reason for PJ not showing it cuz averybody dies sooner or later... his problem if he shows it or not.
And as Arwen'd death is quite significant (Tolkien says the story is about "death and immortality"wink maybe well see her...

Corlindel
I d like to see her be eaten by an horde of orcs or wargs with Aragorn smiling while was smoking dope stick out tongue Just a joke stick out tongue

Exa
laughing laughing laughing laughing

BingaBonga
Uh... forumcrew, could you please repeat that in... english? I'm sorry but i can't understand a word that you just said... roll eyes (sarcastic)

sauron
i think you WILL see arwen die, as in the apendices aragorn dies and arwen wanders around lorien forest, or some forest at least, and in that pic, it looks like a forest although she looks as if she is tossing and turning, bad dream perhaps, this might be a scene where she dreams if frodo after being stung by shelob and thinks he is dead, you never know

sauron
although she is in black, colour of morning, so im guessing that aragorn has passed

BingaBonga
awww.... i don't want to see him die! I probably will sob.,.. lol

Exa
u already see him die in tt

BingaBonga
yea, that was sad, but you just saw him dead, not him dying, that would make me cry.......

Exa
I think Mithlond will make me cry...

But I liked the dialogues in the dead-Aragorn scene they were cool...

Perhaps PJ only showed the scene when Aragorn dies as a preview in tt and therefore wont show it again in RoTK like he also does with the scouring of the shire.

BingaBonga
This is really off topic, but since we're talking about people dying, do you think that you will be too sad at Theodred's death, because in the movie, they make him act like an ass around Aragorn...

Fire
I doubt they will have arwen die at the end of ROTK
and I think all the members of theodreds family portraited in a very bad way but that;s IMO

BingaBonga
But was theodred's character supposed to be that rude to aragorn in the first place, anyway?

Exa
I dont think so, no.
Well he has not much time to be rude to Aragorn...

jennyanderson
Arwen is Elf kind ( Elves are like Wolverine from X-Men, they age very, very, very slowly, but ironically their wounds does not heal quickly, and can die of bleeding, or like any other human beings) which means that they die after some 30 thousand years from the day they were born. Besides in the book it is said that Arwen and Aragorn gets married and lives together for 300 more years, when Aragorn dies of old age, Arwen still looks the same as she does now, but because she loved Aragorn so much, she kills herself. So the scene BingaBonga saw was probably that one.
Hey, did any one of you know that Arwen is some thousand years old, and her father some 10,000 years old, and Aragorn is 60 years old?

Exa
Aragorn is not 60 but 87
Elrond is about 6500 years old
And Arwen nearly 3000...

Elven wounds DO heal very quickly and they cant die of bleeding, and they do not die of age but because they simply get bored of the world and all the grief there but that usually takes less long than 30000 years but only some thousand years... and then they also dont really die but go to Valinor
Arwen and Aragorn live together for another 120 years then Aragorn decides to die and one year later Arwen also does (of broken heart).

BingaBonga
yea, and anyway wasn't aragorn like 290 when he died, i thought he only spent like 100 years with arwen, and he died, and she died of sadness, which is very rare with elves... no expression

BingaBonga
I wouldn't want to live forever... or watch people you love be born and die and an endless cycle, i would be sooooo depressed, being human is just fine for me.

Exa
No, he was "only" 210 and he spent 121 years with Arwen.

Its not so rare its besides death in war the only death they can die...
But usually they do not die because of their own grief but because of all the grief in middleearth which makes their hearts sad.

BingaBonga
when did the elves start leaving for Valinor?

OrliNElijahsGrl
Elves dying of sadness isnt very rare, it happens, that is one way that elves can actually die, die of a broken heart, another is getting hurt in a battle

Ive grown very fond to the nature of elves, how they look, how they die, their language just everything about them, lord of the rings has had me grown fond of elves, LMAO...expecially LEGOLAS! hehehe! Its just very interesting to learn about them and everything, i wanna be a elf! hahaa!

BingaBonga
u know there is so very fine hot guys in this movie.... Viggo, Elijah Legolas, well, okay them, and if you want Faramir, please don't say Boromir, because that would scare me, but yeah, it's all nice... maybe merry and pippin....? maybe not, but yeah, lotr rules.

OrliNElijahsGrl
yes...elves, hobbits and men! Could middle earth be ANY better? hahahahaha

Merry and Pippin are adorable little hobbits! HEHEHE! Frodo is a adorable little hobbit (sneaky little hobbit is what i call Lij) Legolas is a adorable elf, aragorn is a adorable man!

OOOOoOoOoOoo

BingaBonga
Lij, i luv that name, anyway, night, i need SLEEP

OrliNElijahsGrl
i know..me too..it seems im constantly callin him that instead of elijah, but now..hes earned the nickname "sneaky little hobbit"

Exa
As soon as they were invented to come there, even long before the Sun was made... But they started really fleeing there at the end of the First Age when Melkor covered Beleriand in darkness and then the whole western part of Middle-earth was drowned...
In the Second Age they fled from Sauron who showed them death, as also in the Third Age.

BingaBonga
is this all in the simillarion or however u spell it

Exa
Its "SILMARILLION"... silmarilli is the plural of silmaril and the ending -ion means "of" (lit. "son"wink

Yes it is smile perhaps not all but most of it

BingaBonga
okay... we got a bit off topic, thanks exa, lol

OrliNElijahsGrl
mwahahahahaha

Fire
Exa you sure about that rapid healing thingy?

OrliNElijahsGrl
hehehehe

BingaBonga
wtf? What the f**k? i think i may have missed something...

OrliNElijahsGrl
must have....hahahaha

OrliNElijahsGrl
rolling on floor laughing

BingaBonga
UR INSANE!!!!! lol, so am i so don't worry rolling on floor laughing

OrliNElijahsGrl
lmao i know...i am real hyper tonight rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

BingaBonga
i just had a reeses peanut butter cup.... yummy.. on to the snickers!!! anyway... yeah arwen.... probably will die in epoligue of the movie... REESES RULES!!!!!!!!! INSANITY RULES!!!!!!!!

OrliNElijahsGrl
"i am talking IT SHOULD OF BEEN ME! DIRTY!"-me as Roberta

"flip the pages, flip the pages..."

hahaha

jennyanderson
Elves do die of bleeding and their wounds does not heal quickly! How else would you explain them dying in the war by swords and spears being thrown from great distance, and being stabbed to death! Look at Wolverine in X-Men2, he took a bullet in his head, his H-E-A-D, OK, but after a few minutes, the bullet popped right out of his skull and he was ok again. If Elves did have some quick healing powers, then the swords, spears, etc. would've popped right out of their body and they'd be OK again as well, but it didn't. Anyway, if Elves does grow old, even though very slowly, then that means that they could die of old age, or live up to 30,000 years, but honestly even the most ambitious person in the world wouldn't want to live that long-you'd think after living for 2000 years when you have experienced everything the life has to offer like death of a close one, betrayal, sex, love, friendship etc. the life is very boring, so as Dumbledore said 'to a well organised mind death is, but the next great adventure', and if your mind is still not yet well organized, then you know what they say, 'you'll become wiser as you grow older' so give it about 2000 more years, then you will be wise as hell, so of course you will kill yourself, so this also means that given the chance the Elves could die of old age.
Anyway, J R R Tolkein wrote LOTR during the First World War, and medical science was nowhere as it is now, so he had no idea that if you can live for more than several thousand years then it means your cell regenerates very quickly when it is injured, which also means than your cell does not allow your body to be spoiled aka grow old, so thats why the Elves wound does not heal quickly-because their creator does not know a thing about it. He ( JRR Tolkein) was fighting in the war, the big WW1, ok? Visualize this, dead bodies everywhere, sounds of gunshot never stopping, then there is the fact of kill or be killed, eating your meal while sitting besides a rotting human corpse, every day news of your close one dying-the ones who fought the war with you, don't know weather you will ever see your girl/boy friend again and on top of all this, your worried weather your boy/girl friend's not having an affair with some one else wile you are away (pretty depressing, huh?If I were in his place, I'd put a bullet through my head and end my misery). So he created this world of his own, where he could be away from all of this and into a new world. Try reading the book you will see that he says a lot of unnecessary things just to deliever one tiny point, which clearly indicates that he does not want to come back to the real world, but wants to be left alone in his make-believe world,the reason-he wanted to survive probably, maybe he had a bet with the nature that he could take whatever harshness she could provide.

morfirithwen209
read the book and you'll know

BingaBonga
i've read the books, we've pretty much already disscussed everything, now e are going to just do random topics, woot

Exa
Good point, jennyanderson, sounds logical

Yes I am.

But I with "healing quickly" I do not mean that it takes only seconds but still several days or weeks, but their bodies yet heal far faster than the ns' and elves might survive an injury that would kill any human.
Of course its not only that their bodies heal faster but they also have great healing skills (see Elrond...). They have no special magical powers or something but just a very resistant and strong body smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.