Who knows the most?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Angoreth
I was just wondering if there were any great knowledge goers here of spider man. And if would you share. I grew up watching spider man and reading comics.But I cannot say, I know all about spider man.

Zephonim
What were you wanting to know?

The Ones
i know the best. i was at a quiz and he asked 80 very complicated questions about spider man and i beat the other 2000 that were there and i won a chance to see spider-man 2 being filmed

Zephonim
Go you.

Angoreth
I was wanting to know any thing you all knew. If you thought of something like how did spider mans parents die, say like his folks died in a plain crash. Or something. I suppose the whole purpose of the thread was to learn more on Spider man from other fans.

The Ones
the plane crash. correct senior

Angoreth
I am wondering something. Does Peter parker and Mj have a kid? I am reading this comic called Spider girl and their kid is May parker. I am wondering in the orginal comics if Stan lee wrote they had a kid.

Zephonim
There are like ten different versions of their kid. Spider-Girl is one. Another dealt with their kid dying from Peter's genes, another had the kid surviving but being real wierd looking andl MJ dying at birth. There are a ton of different things that happened with their having kids.

ragesRemorse
what happen with the scarlet spider? i stopped reading after they clonned the scarlet, it just got to out of hand, but i really wanna know what happend to spidey because i heard he died. did venom ever kill spiderman?

The Ones
venom did nearly kill spider-man once but he was stopped by sonics from a rocket. the scarlet spider died when he saved parkers life by jumping infront of the goblin glider and impaling himself.

Angoreth
Oh thats sadsad I've never heard of the scarlet spider but thats still sad.

What comics of spider man do you read ones?

And what all types do you read zeph?

The Ones
i coolect astonashing spider-man

ragesRemorse
i collected astonishing spiderman, and spiderman

The Ones
collected? you mean you stopped collecting

Angoreth
How many comics the both of you have?

I only have 11 and they are of the amazing spider man, I think.

keif
peters parents did die in a plane crash...they were spies and they were killed by the red skulll, i remeber the storyline from a spidey annual,i think from the late 60's early 70's...i know a bit from the old books i read peter parker the spectucalr spiderman,the amazing spider man and marvel team up..but i haven't read spidey steady in some time...i am dating myself here but does anybody remeber spidey super stories it was from marvel and in conjustion with the electric company tv show...the tv show was on after seasme street...the spidey super stories were to help younger kids read....

The Ones
i only have 9 comics but i only started collecting several months ago

Zephonim
You only have nine Spider-Man comivs yet you consider ourself the biggest fan ever. You're a poser. Ass.

Angoreth
Dont take this personaly, but i think that maybe you are trying to be something that you are not, dont consider youself the biggest fan just because you have a few comice books, maybe a good fan, but maybe not the biggest. I have eleven comics and I know practicly nothing. Not saying you havent picked up some hints here and there.

The Ones
ive seen every episode(except the mtv's simply because i live in england) read every comic(from my freinds but i havent been able to go to many stores to get it cause of dad) and seen the movie. so i basicly know 99.99% of spider-man

loser101
Hey, he knew about The Scarlet Spider. Which was when Spider-man was sucking, IMO!

Angoreth,

I collected Spider-man comics and other Marvel comics bet. 1989 and 1991, I have approxiamately 90 Spider-man (Spider-man, Web, Spectacular, AmazinG) issues from that period. Personally, I thought Spider-man got too out of hand when The Scarlet Spider got introduced etc.

Angoreth
Hey I told him not to take it personaly.

IMO?

loser101
IMO= in my opinion!

smile

The Ones
oh come on just let it out. why do you hate me

freddynut
this is for "the ones" At one point Spider man thought he had a sister that was a super villan because she was taken by a very evil man, what was the name of this girl and who was the villan that adopted her and was she his sister.

Angoreth
Ohhhhhh,lol. Gotcha

If you are talking to me Ones asking if I hate you?

I do not hate you...I dont even know you for that matter,lol.
I meant nothing to be offencive towards you, and if it was I am sorrysad
Please take my deepest apology

thorncrawler
reddynut i'm probably wrong but was the villain who stole/ kidnapped the hydroman?

Angoreth
No clue sorry. Any one else know?

Lag
Somebody explain to me the whole clone thing. Is Peter Parker the clone or was Ben. I have only read bits here and there, or heard from other people small portions of it, so I'm pretty confused on the whole thing. Does that even follow the actuall time line of Spider-man or was it just a side project that they like to do to confuse peolpe like me, who can only buy comics when they get the chance.

godfather
Way back in Amazing Spiderman 149 (Oct 1975), Ben Reilly was revealed as a clone of Spiderman made by the jackal( with memory implants so he thought he was the real Spiderman), in #150 Ben was killed (or so we though). Then in 1994 Web of Spider-Man #117(and Amazing #394) revealed that actually Ben had not been killed but had been roaming around the country trying to sort his life out (and also fighting Kaine- another Spiderman clone but imperfect), to cut a long story sort, when Ben come back it was revealed that Ben was the original Spiderman and peter was the clone(so what they where saying was that for the past 20 years in the comics it as been the clone not the real one Spiderman), peter went off with MJ and let Ben become Spiderman, peter lost is powers, then peter regained his powers, then after about 1 or 2 years it was revealed that after all peter was the original Spiderman and Ben was the clone they had got it wrong, Ben was killed and peter(the original Spiderman ) lived happily ever after.

There a lot more that happened in all this but that was the outline of the story

Lag
Thanks that clears it up for me. It's good to here peter is the real spider-man. The last I had heard it was Peter who was the clone. That bothered me. I have a couple comics with Ben as Spider-man which also confused me at the time.

worldindustries
I don't know that much about superhero's thta much I know they save peoples lifes.

Angoreth
I know very little. that why I made this thread.smile

Jason420
I know more than anyone on here

Angoreth
You do?
Thats cool
Why dont you start a little bio from Peter parker at his youngest until now? That'd be pretty neat if you ask me. The ones know sa good deal too and so does godfather up there, why dont you all try and do something like that and put it on a web page. since you know every thing that would make a pretty big web page.

Sparkz
i no a hell of alot bout spidey not sayin tht i no everythig cause i live in england and we r way behind in the comics but i do have over 100 spidey comics and thn i learnt alot from websites and the ultimate spidey guide but i new most of this stuff from the comics b4 i got the guides etc

SpindelStrike
haha i'm not trying to offend you or anything buddy but if you're basing stuff you about spiderman from the cartoon show.. then you're completley wrong. the cartoon changed a lot of stuff from the comics. some of the stuff wasn't even in the right order. they changed an EXTREME part of spiderman's stories. as well as the movie did. the tv show and the movie got all there storys from the comics. and i really doubt you've read EVERY comic as you say. there are over 3,000 spidey comics. so if you are saying you know 99.99% of spiderman from all that and the 9 comics you have.. ehh.. well haha..there's nothing i can do but laugh.. remember no offense.. just joking around.. but yeah haha.

Angoreth
I only have eleven of the spectacular spider man, think thats what it is called

venomfan
ask me anything about venom, ill tell yah. family, changes, anything

Shorty2Forty
that was Ben rielly in the alternate spidey costume.......he wasnt scarlet spider then

Shorty2Forty
no u dont.....i do

venomfan
nobody knows more about venom, than me..i wouldnt be Venomfan if i didnt. spiderman? i dont no everything, scarlet spider? i know venom beat him up..thats it, but venom bla bla bla

Shorty2Forty
i highly doubt i kno as much about venom as u do, (tho he is my favotrite villain of all time) but i do kno more about spidey(since he is my fave superhero of all time)

venomfan
right on do you know anything about the Kingdom come marvel dc crossover?

Shorty2Forty
yes i do

venomfan
ok i have hear'ed venom beats up superman,but the only pic i have ever seen is when superman sucker punches venom, and that blows cuase i wanna see at least a little more of the fight..

Magic_attack
Originally posted by freddynut
this is for "the ones" At one point Spider man thought he had a sister that was a super villan because she was taken by a very evil man, what was the name of this girl and who was the villan that adopted her and was she his sister.

I guess "the ones" has had long enough. The answer to the girls name is Pity, and the evil man is the Gentleman. She is not Spidey's sister.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.