Hello Edna!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phinney6
SO edna you are back, yeah i have replaced u as worst speller. SO how has your day gone....hmmm

Edna_witch
Yes Iam back. Sorry I haven't been around lately but I have been a littl busy at work. We are rather short staffed so I have been working superlo9ng hours. Anyway a bit drunk right now so I wony talk for long but glad to see someone is a worse typer than me. I can spell you see. Just can't type!

Ushgarak
Hey there, Edna. You'd best change your custom title, it's al dull right now... and Edna can ot be dull!

phinney6
I can't type either, edna. SO how was ur drinkS

Edna_witch
happy now? Drinks were fine. was a fun night. thanks for asking! Shame I have to be at work at half seven in the morning. Ooh that means I have to get up in four hours. What fun!

Ushgarak
See? She LOVES fun...

Gundark
Ah, Edna's pumpkins. Now all is right with the board.

Ushgarak
I am afraid they are still highly rationed...

Edna_witch
No they are not rationed. They are just an endangered species these days! Damn my boss and her understaffedness! Working six days/ 50 hours a week realy sucks! I swear I am going to die fro exhaustion before the week is out!

Ushgarak

phinney6
hmm i have an idea

Ushgarak
Don't strain yourself...

Edna_witch
OK off to bed now. Hmmm 3 and three quarter hours sleep. I may just survive yet. Tat is if the hangover doent kill me firt! Good night everyone. May talk to you tomorrow if \i have not died from exhaustion first or fallen into a deep sleep during the day that is!

Ushgarak
Have a happy time doing... whatever you do tomorrow...

Gundark
Night , Edna....

phinney6
hope the little bed bugs don't bight (only the big ones, sorry it is the queeq in me)

Gundark
So that's where queeq took his holiday....in phin's body. ICK !!!!

Texas
How much is 160 pounds in dollars? Edna works at an amusement park?, Is that right? Wow, I think that's kewl, just out of curiosity where do some of you other board members work? Me, I got fired from Excel Communications in June sad , those bastards mad they'll all pay, one of these days evil face

R.C

finti

R.C

phinney6
no queeqer taught me.

finti
What?, a lesson big grin big grin

Edna_witch
Yeah well I only really work there for the convenience. I shall rejoice when I leave at the end of september!

Texas
$260 for 50hrs confused, do they make you work hard? I'm sure you get perks right?, like not having to wait in line for the rides, free candy and goodies, and you never have to pay to get it. What is the park that you work at called? I think I'll check it out on the internet........Thanks for the math lessons you guys, so now when I'm watching Bargain Hunt on PBS I'll know how much money those idiots are losing in Dollars big grin

Edna_witch
It's Drayton Manor Park. I don't get free food or goodies. I get 6 cheap wristbands for the whole season and am allowed to go on the rides for free myself. But no queue jumping. But why on earth would I want to go somewhere where I spend most of my week on my day off? I never ever ever ever go on the rides so that perk sucks! And when we are in uniform we don't get served by any of the catering staff so we have to eat in the staff canteen where we have a wonderful chpice of crisps, crisps, crisps or unbelievably expansive hotdogs! Great for a veggie! The whole place sucks! It really is horrid! And don't even get me started on the holiday pay!

Texas
Oh my goodness, those slave drivers!!!! If I ever go to England, I will boycott Drayton Manor Park in support for their over worked, under paid and under perked employees!! P.S. This is off topic but does wearing glasses make your nose go numb? I have never wore glasses before, started 2 days ago and now my nose is numb, I'm starting to worry.... sad

Ushgarak
Doesn't the canteen do crisps as well, Edna?

Not a glasses wearer, sorry...

Tex, there WERE plans afoot to go down to DM just to surprise Edna...

Staffordshire is in a sorry state if the convenience factor really does make that job somehow attractive to Elle.

BTW, that you don't qualifiy for minimum wage for that job is near scandolous...

Texas
According to my newely acquired dollar to pound knowledge, Edna is making $5.20/hr. USH said she's not making minimum wage, just out of curiosity what is the mw in the UK?........anyone wear glasses?

Ushgarak

Texas
Oh man, that's sweat shop wages! Aren't things more expensive in Europe then they are in the US? $4.20 and hour, thats unbelievable. Do they discrimante against younger people, because Edna is only 18. Man Edna, that sucks, thank God your leaving those bastards, your going off to study medicine right? That's good, pretty soon you'll me making 90,000 pounds a year. smile

Ushgarak
I don't know where you got THAT figure from. Besides, she has seven years to go before she can start climbing the medical salary ladder.

Some things are more expensive and some thing are cheaper, Texas.

Texas
Well some of us here feel Edna deserves 90,000 a year, but I can see others dont, Ushgarak. stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Not up to your usual standard there, Tex...

Texas
Where is everyone? This place is like a ghost town? Wheres Phinney6?

Ushgarak
Queeq, Raz and RC are away and Dim and Gundy are still in their extended busy periods.

I believe Phinney has quite a full life sometimes as well.

Texas
Have no fear, I am here! I will double my posting average to keep the board lively! As for those deserters, I think you need to confront them. I'm not of a confrontational nature wink

Edna_witch
I wear glasses and es they make my nose go numb. They also make my nose sweat and when I get really hot they keep sliding down. That is incredibly annoying most of the time!

Ushgarak
Still haven;'t seen you in glasses...

Edna_witch
Well that is because you have never seen me do a large amount of reading or writing. To be fair I avoid wearing them as much as possible!

Ushgarak
(Tries to imagine Edna in glases)

Edna_witch
Not a pretty sight!

Ushgarak
Oh, you say that about EVERYTHING...

Texas
Thanks for the glasses info. I was beginning to think I had nose cancer! I'm getting contacts as soon as possible!

Gundark
Clark Kent wore glasses......

phinney6
oh somebody cares about me. i am going to cry

Ushgarak
Of course someone cares about you!

phinney6
You care....RIGHT

Ushgarak
Well, of course I do

Gundark
We all care about you phin....cheer up.

phinney6
ah i am so cherry, so....gundy you PROMISED we could torture somebody.

Gundark
Well queeq and RC aren't here right now and they are my favorite victims. I respect Ush too much to torture him and I certainly won't go after keo or Dim (its a female thing you know). Why don't you pick somebody ?

Ushgarak
Your respect is muchly appreciated, Gundy...

phinney6
hmmmm. oh yes....TEXAS

Texas
Torture me? OK, just remember, I like it rough and hard eek!

phinney6
gUNDY IS GONE.....so I cant use her tools....she would kill me if i did

Gundark
Good grief...I am at work. I do have a job you know.

Haul him down to the slab, phin. If he gives you any trouble, those super-size hypodermic needles are in the top drawer in the rusty tool chest.

Texas
I find super-size hypodermic needles very sexy wink

phinney6
*Hauls tex down to the slab* "now these straps are for safety" *Straps tex down VER VERY TIGHT*

Texas
tighter Phinney6, tighter!!!

Gundark
(mumbles to self) Hmmmm....this is way too much like the closet.

Ah, phin.....maybe you should do the mummy job on him. Ya know, cut out his tongue and put him in the sarchapaghus with the scarabs...

Ushgarak
Errr....

Gundark
You want to tell me that I've mispelled "mummy case". Yes, I know.

phinney6
grabs very blunt knife.....ok i will do the mummy job

Gundark
(writes out promotion papers for phin). Excellent.

Texas
No wait, before you do the mummy job, spill hot wax on my bun and spank me!!.........I bet you people will think twice before tourturing me again!

phinney6
pocks tex with super big needles, "Your forgetting tex that you are strapped down Very TIGHT" *Cuts off toung* Where did you want it gundy

Texas
"mumbles, mumbles, mumbles"

Gundark
Just throw it in one of those jars, phin. I'll sew it on something else later.

phinney6
*puts toung in jar, and put tex's body in sarchapaghus room*

queeq
My, you two are getting intimate..... no funny business now.

*whispers in Gundy's ear as she unwantingly responds with a blush and a giggle*

Gundark
Your overconfidence is your weakness. But I wuv you anyway.http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/otn/love/1luvu.gif

Well phinney had to have some fun before he goes back to....what grade are you starting phin ?

phinney6
7th grade

queeq
Ah yes, none of THAT business for you then. Not for a while at least. big grin

Gundark
I remember 7th grade. I.......well, never mind.

phinney6
but when i am on the boards i change into a 27 year old

Ushgarak
You;re getting older'; it was 20 at first and then 23

queeq
Methusaleh Syndrome I think.

phinney6
well now i am 39

Texas
"mumbles, mumbles, MUMBLES"

phinney6
what is it texas....cat got your toung

Texas
*Summons the power of the force, rips of mummy bandages, grabs jar with tounge, runs out of torture chamber*.................Sorry people, that's the best I can do, besides Ush and King Jedi are about to have a fight, and I have $5 riding on Ush.

phinney6
I have 7 riding on it too going to the EP II forum

Ushgarak
KJ has actually gone, Tex. And we were hardly about to kill each other...

phinney6
Fight...fight...fight

Texas
I do apologize Ush, I dont know what came over me. I think Phinney6 is a bad influence on me! Phinney6, you should be ashamed of yourself! wink

Orpheus

Ushgarak
You'd BETTER get paid more than that! Skilled worker like you!

phinney6
Yah skilled devil you

Orpheus
Ahh that would be telling wouldn't it.

phinney6
So Orph how old are you

Texas
Wow, you see how nice Orpheus is. He/she is the only board member that answered all of my questions. We'll I quess it's my turn. I am unemployed, I got fired from Excel Communications in June, went on vacation, and never bothered looking for another job, becuase I start school in 3 weeks. Oh, I got paid $323 a week for sitting on my ass and entering data. It was great, I just listend to my cd's all day and kept up to date with the local office gossp! smile Ush, your a writer right?, so what do you write?

phinney6
I think he rights Fantasy

Texas
Fantasy? I stay away from fantasy! Fantasy scares me. I saw The Adventures of Baron Munchausen when I was like 10, and I couldn't sleep for a week. Strange movies and stories like that freak me out!

Ushgarak
Watching a Terry Gilliam film at 10 is enough to scare anyone...

I try my hand at anything; I only just tried out true fantasy. Mainly odd stuff and WWI stories, but in the end ytou have to write whatever the publishers want.

Texas
So at the moment what do the publishers want?

Ushgarak
Potter is still enlarging the children's market and the new LOTR hype is doing fantasy somew good. They are always after Tom Clancy type stuff.

But I;m not looking for publication right now; too much to get sorted.

Texas
We'll then, If thats where the money is, I quess I'll start writing a fantastical political thriller big grin

Ushgarak
John Grisham as well. That stuff is still massively in fashion.

Once you have made a breakthrough, you can start offering what you want rather than what THEY want. But you have to play the game first, unless you are a. very lucky or b. a celebrity.

Texas
Well since I'm neither a or b, I'll stay out of the publishing game.

queeq
A nasty game that is.

Nice to see Orph around again.

phinney6
yes it was nice to him

finti
confused

phinney6
Nice to SEE him

finti
stick out tongue

phinney6
very nice

queeq
And here it ends.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.