The Matrix and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShiniGamiSan
My friends keep telling me the Wakowski brothers are big fans of Pink Floyd, and edited The Matrix while listening to Dark Side of the Moon. They said to watch The Matrix with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in the background. So I did what they said, and this is what I came up with.

Start the Dark Side of the moon at the same time you start "The Matrix" The song Speak to me builds through the opening credits, with the Final scream climaxing as the camera zooms into green digital "Zero".

As we watch Trinity and the police approach here, the lyrics are heard:
"Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave but don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be. "

As Trinity is on phone and being warned to get out of there:
"Run rabbit Run.". A while later she tells Neo to "Follow the White Rabbit'"

Race towards an early grave" plays as Trinity starts Roof top run.

As the song "On the Run plays, theres the sound of footsteps as trinity is chased.

Voice says "Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, HaHaHaaaaaa!" as truck has just smashed phone booth.

Laughter as Neo Wakes up, then Crash as he looks at his computer monitor

Dreamy music as camera pans across club, building to Trinity meeting.

Neo sees Trinity, Music changes, singing "Waiting for someone or something to show you the way."

"No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."

'So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking" while his Boss is telling Neo he'd better shape up.

Neo opens envelope, Music is saying "The time is gone, the song is over".

Music goes to silence as the Agents enter Neo's cubicle, and he's not there, but hiding across the aisle.

As Neo looks out window, music is saying ""And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

Great Gig in the sky starts as Neo steps out onto window ledge.

Music dies away as you pass thru the Video Screen to Neo in Interrigation room.

Money opening sound effects Start playing as they make Neo a Deal to "Sell Out"

Beat starts for Money as Agent puts on his Glasses. Lyrics say "Money, get away. Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.."

Sax solo continues as we go back to Neo wakeing in his room.

Music steps up in pace as Neo enters car with Trinity
"And who denies its what the fighting's all about."

Music goes quiet as Neo decides his path, then steps up as he closes car door and stays with Trinity.

Money trails off with "Away, Away, Away, Away" as Neo stands before door where he will meet Morpheus

Music abruptly changes as Others leave room, and it's just Neo and Morpheus.

As Morpheus starts telling Neo about Fate, "Us and Them" starts.

Us, and them
And after all we're only ordinary men.
Me, and you.
God only knows it's not what we would choose to do.
Forward he cried from the rear
and the front rank died.
And the general sat and the lines on the map
moved from side to side.
Me and you echoes as Morpheus explains the start of Matrix
"It's not what we would choose, to do"

Music builds as Morphues offers Neo the Blue and Red pill.

"And who knows which is which and who is who" as Neo takes the Red pill of Truth.

Us and Them builds as Neo is covered by the silver liquid, and then shows him in pod, Music says "With, Without" as Neo touches the connector in his neck.
Music then changes and drops away as Neo is flushed down the tube

Guitar Solo starts as we 1st see Neo in Nebacanezer.

Solo continues as we see neo's being brought up to use in "The Real World".

Music again changes to as Neo wakes, and unplugs. "The lunatic is on the grass. Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs. Got to keep the loonies on the path. " as Neo descovers the Real World of the Machines.

Neo reaches the Nebacanezer bridge, and the music builds."I'll see you on the Dark Side of the moon" as Neo re-enters the Construct program.

"You raise the blade, you make the change
You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane.
You lock the door
And throw away the key
There's someone in my head but it's not me."
as Morpheus shows Neo the Construct.

" HaHaHa!" Laughing as we see the world Neo thought it was as it existed in the Matrix

Music suddenly builds as Neo sees the real surface world

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Trails off as the Dark Side of the Moon Trails off.

Whisper at end of music" "There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.""
Heart Beat trails off with Music as we return to the construct, Morpheus shows Neo the Battery.

The final explanation of the matrix by Morpheous is then given in silence as the album is over.

Man that was creepy.

rysdigital
WOW cool that's scary indeed smile

spydar1982
I don't think that is true. Dark Side of the Moon gets this all the time. It only works with Wizard of OZ (to which rumor had it they watched the movie while recording D.S.M.) It only works if you do it right. Matrix and DSM totally false. The WB's have too much to worry about as it is let alone edit it to the DSM.

http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/dsotr.htm

Crash_Overload
What do you mean and "Crash" when he looks at his computer????oh right... Pink Floyd being my favorit band....

forumcrew
yea ive heard dsm compared to many movies.. wizard of oz is the only one ive known to actually be true

Ushgarak
Not that it is even vaguely relevant but even if it wasn't all dark except for the sun shining upon it (which seems faintly obvious) there is no such thing as the Dark Side of the moon...

Sifer
And we give a shit? One half is dark, the other, not. So we shorten it by saying Dark Side of the Moon.

-=Urot=-
Crash is a stonner! laughing

realworlddreams
ok, well u guys all refute it, but did any of u try it besides ShiniGamiSan?
if u didnt leave him alone, not till u try it. as for me, sounds very cool, n it pretty much works. ima try it for myself, then i can come back an yell.

Joseph_Kerr
Hey Spydar.. he said he did it himself to prove it. So, be nice.

The Matrix is a huge multiplayer game. wink

spydar1982
I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just saying this works with a lot of movies. everytime a movie comes out someone tries this. gauaranteed. I was just saying its all wives tells, I believe even Wizard of Oz (which is the one even Pink Floyd members say "I don't know" while cracking a smile... "maybe"wink isn't totally dead on. But its the closest I have seen.

ShiniGamiSan
Put the CD on, lay back,and enjoy.

See how it matches up.

Creepy.

Tired Hiker
In DSM, the part where the female vocalist is waling away after the crescendo, if you listen carefully you can hear a female whisper say, "if you hear this whisper you are dying."

Korri
laughing out loud

Crash_Overload
**** YOU UROT!!! I AM NOT A STONNER!!! I NEVER TOOK ANY DRUGS OR CIGARETTES AND I DON'T EVEN DRINK ALCOHOL!!!! I JUST LIKE THERE MUSIC!!!!! YOU KNOW WHY I AM SO PERSONAL ABOUT THIS? IT IS BECAUSE I ALMOST STABED SOMEONE WHEN THEY SAID THAT LAST YEAR AND THE FAKE ROUMOR SPREAD THROUGHJOUT THE 1000 + STUDENTS IN THE SCHOOL AND I WAS APPROCHED BY FIVE DEALERS!!! EVENTUALLY I WAS CALLED TO THE HEADMASTER'S OFFICE AND THE COP WAS THERE!!!!! SO **** OFF!!!! mad

Ushgarak
Incorrect- there is no single Dark Side of the moon any more than there is a Dark Side of the Earth, there are just parts that are light and dark at different times. The only thing the Moon has, to Earth, is a FAR Side, not a Dark one. Just a public information announcement...

And I have had to edit that post, Crash- please tone down the language.

ShiniGamiSan
There is a dark side, and the light side always faces the earth.

Get the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon CD, and start that at the exact same time you hit play on your Matrix DVD.

Enjoy

JediHDM
actually...Ush is right

Osiris
yes...ush is right

Ushgarak
I certainly am. Did you not notice that your so-called Light Side isn't always Light, Shini? Bit of a clue that.

The idea of a Light and Dark side is an obscure error that too many people believe. The Moon spins like all moons and planets. When it spins different parts of it face the Sun. Simple enough.

Still, whilst I am here, trying to not waste time... do you think the astronomy in the Matrix is perfect? Would the machines bother? Complex exercise, you see.

dave123
Ush is right, now eveyone just QYB.....

rysdigital
i think they would, because a lot of people in the matrix would be interested in astronomy (like there are in our world).

Crash_Overload
Ummmmm guys... The Moon DOES NOT SPIN. Why do you think we always ONLY see 1 side of it? and Why do you think the scientist up at NASA only saw the other side of the moon When the Apollo missions went there?

rysdigital
okay, some errors in Ush's last statement.

the moon does not spin. however, it orbits Earth, which in turn orbits the sun, which causes different parts of the moon to be illuminated at different times. so in summary: the same side of the moon is always pointed towards earth, it's just not always as light (thats why we have full moon, half moon, etc).

Ushgarak
And today's mistaken guy is... Crash!

The Moon DOES spin! Dah! If it didn't spin we WOULDN'T see the same side of it all the time!

This is easily proved. Take two spherical objects- one to represent the Moon, one to represent the Earth, Mark part of the moon with an 'x'. Have the x face the Earth. Now rotate the Moon around the Earth, as the real Moon does, keeping the x facing the Earth, as the Near Side always does

You will note the Moon does a complete spin during its orbit.

Sorry, but this kind of ignorance bugs me... why the heck wouldn't the Moon spin? Tnis is really basic astronomy.

rysdigital
i think we're probably disagreeing on what the term spin means here.

Ushgarak
WRONG. Geez! It DOES SPIN. It is so simple!

Ushgarak
How much can we differ? The moon turns on its own axis. It has a night and day. It has no permanent dark side or Light side. It only has a fixed Near and Far side relative to the Earth.

rysdigital
ya, i realized u're right right after clicking the send post button. it indeed doesn't spin relative to earth, but does rotate around its own axis. what the hell was i thinking laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Thankyou!

And no, it does not change position relative to the Earth- precisely because it spins! Else we WOULD see it turn as it orbited around us.

Ushgarak
Back toi subject...

True- but they wouldn't know if anything was wrong, would they? They would only see the rules inside the Matrix.

rysdigital
f..king shoot me please yes guess my brain stopped functioning there for a sec. i've known this since like kindergarten, this is embarrasing stick out tongue

Ushgarak
No problem, everyone makes silly mistakes sometimes.

But for all we know, in the Matrix there MIGHT be a Light and Dark side. Who in the Matrix would know what was wrong?

rysdigital
laughing out loud, i typed out a long story here, but then my browser crashed.

anyways, the matrix has basic rules such as gravity (which is the main reason of planetary drift etc), i'm sure some people in the matrix would realize gravity not only applies to apples but also to planets and moons and stars smile

Ushgarak
Yes, probably right. But the machines have to deal with SOME fundamentals, surely.

For example- do they allow space travel? Problematic, isn't it?

rysdigital
well, i agree that the machines probably wouldn't have figured out how the universe works either. also, space travel, hm, i suppose one or two matrix prisoners would have been on a trip to the moon.

Crash_Overload
DUDE, out of all the people here, I AM BY FARE IGNORANT!!!!! Reletive to US it doesn't spin....but it does spin, duh... But I mean't relative to US... dude, I would watch what i say, because I am BY FAR ignorant. (not a threat) you told me to watch it, I blew a fuse that was understandable, but you calling ME igorant without even KNOWING what the hell i do, THAT blows. I don't use these words usually, do do not act like this, but DUDE watch what you say, oh and by the way, i must be real agravated to go against a MOD, and this being the second time I blow a fuse today on KMC..... JEEZ.

Ushgarak
Not making yourself look any better, Crash. And you flat said it didn't spin. Sorry, but by any reasonable defintion- that is wrong. It spins but orbits so one side still faces us. Sorry if you cannot deal with that but there you go.

If you had said "The Moon does not appear to rotate in the reference frame where the Earth-Moon line is fixed in direction" you would have had a point, but you simply said it does not spin. At best- misleading. And to be honest- plain wrong. If you say the Earth spins, you have to say the Moon does.

Meanwhile, there are a number of areas the machines would find problematic. Data from deep space probes for example.

Mind you, the biggest bugger for them is still development of AI in the Matrix...

rysdigital
Crash, chill out cool have a banana flavored cookie Happy Dance

Crash_Overload
OKAY, i DID agree that id did a mistake, but CALLING ME IGNORANT BLOWS my fuse the heck out of me, JUST because of a LITTLE mistake that A LOT of people made, you chose to call ME ignorant, listen buddy, its a mistake, I do not take this ignorant thing lightly.

Ushgarak
Actually, I didn't call you ignorant, I just said that ignorance about astronomy bugs me- and in that specific area you were posting in an ignorant manner. Again, that is just how it is. I think you should calm down now, and we can all move on.

Crash_Overload
I will ounce you apoligize, the way it is written, it is written out as I am ignorant, I bet that is the way you mean't it. But I am not going into that.

Ushgarak
Believe what you like, it wasn't, and you are getting no apology from me just to calm your irrational temper.

Does anyone have any relevant comments to make?

rysdigital
you gonna reply to my last post? stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I already did!

Crash_Overload
I am much more calm, not mad at all anymore, BUT I still DESERVE an apologiy, and I will apologize on my side, as soon as you do. Just because you are a mod, doesn't mean you can go around insulting people without having any consiquences. (if you say you didn't insult me, sure fine why not?)

Ushgarak
Crash- just get used to the fact that you made a mistake and I called you out on it. That, I have a right to do. There the matter should rest.

Crash_Overload
Yes, I do know that I did a mistake, but, WHY is it soo hard for you to apologize? It is just 2 words.

Ushgarak
Sigh... this is the only time I will say this.

I am not going to apologise just because you are annoyed at being in error. Not will I ever be bullied or chivvied into it. So don't bother, and get this back to something vaguely worthwile.

The Omega
Okay, you guys know I'm a scientist.
Anything you need to have cleared? I just saw something about the Moon not spinning... I must've been mistaken...

Crash_Overload
First off, "Bullied"? (no, just wondering, what the UK definition of bullying IS)

Todays error guy... CRASH!
(...)
Sorry, but this kind of ignorance bugs me... why the heck wouldn't the Moon spin?

THAT my friend, is the ONLY reason I want, no DESERVE and apology. AND THIS is what happens when 2 people did a mistake / "bad move" and both stand there ground.

Ushgarak
Yes you did, Omega, and very moody he is about being shown to be wroing as well.

rysdigital
just fuggedaboudit.

Crash_Overload
and also, I DID admot more then ounce that I was wrong. And i persived that comment (ignorance) as an insult. THAT is why I mad

The Omega

Ushgarak
Pretty much what I already said, Omega.

Crash_Overload
I have seen "hard" in my life, trust me, I have. (apperntly Mrs. Small was Bitching at me, I thought she was just talking to me) BUT, that was plain insulting, (being called ignorant) And I am NOT making a mountain off a mole hill, but all I want, Is a simple apology for the fact that It was insulting, to me. THATS ALL a simple apology. after wich we can all happly forgive/ forget.

The Omega
But Crash, seriously. If someone said the Earth was flat, wouldn't that be ignorant?
Same goes for the Moon not spinning. That you recant your statement doesn't mean it - the statement - wasn't ignorant.

rysdigital
can't ush be the wise person here and just apologize for the eff of it? you don't have to mean it stick out tongue

Crash_Overload
The funny thing is, That is a miscumspetion that I was thought to when in Grade school.

===>"Why do we only see one side of the moon, Miss?"
==>"Because it doesn't spin"

BUT you can't call some one Ignorant based on ONE false statment. EXAMPLE, like you calling everyone on KMC who got the REVOLUTIONS story wrong ignorant because you went and saw it before everybody else.

BUT this is between USH and I.

The Omega
Rys> Have you considered going into diplomacy? wink

rysdigital
well, to misquote the great Super Smith:

"i'm a bastard, once you get to know me" big grin

Crash_Overload
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Omega
But Crash, seriously. If someone said the Earth was flat, wouldn't that be ignorant?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The funny thing is, That is a miscumspetion that I was thought to when in Grade school.

===>"Why do we only see one side of the moon, Miss?"
==>"Because it doesn't spin"

BUT you can't call some one Ignorant based on ONE false statment. EXAMPLE, like you calling everyone on KMC who got the REVOLUTIONS story wrong ignorant because you went and saw it before everybody else.

BUT this is between USH and I.

Ushgarak
I wasn't calling you ignorant- I said you were wrong, and that ignorance about that kind of thing bguged me. These are facts- and not to be apologised for in any way at all. Get used to it, Crash.

Only problem with that diplomacy, Rys, is that even if I did say sorry now it would not be believed...

Crash- I am telling you now, Drop it. Full stop.

Crash_Overload
Or else?????

audioheem
Oh FFS Crash. You have had no valid point for the last 3 pages now drop it. If you've seen me post round here before you'll know I don't usually take sides but go back and read what you've written; it's abrasive at best.

Crash_Overload
LISTEN, YOU are NOT apart of this, so YOU goodbye. The point in all this is that HE insulted me, and HE is a mod. NOW as a mod, he should have respect, and saying that I felt insulted he should of apologized, now YOU as not being apart of this should not get involved. AND all the rest of you who know me, should know that I am not like this usually.

audioheem
Well I'm choosing to get involved okay? He didn't call you ignorant, he said he can't stand that kind of ignorance in science (thereabouts), so take it how you will. It's like me commenting on someone's bad spelling/punctuation because that is a pet peeve of mine. Just drop it dude, you're not getting an apology.

Crash_Overload
Dude, would YOU liked it If i just droped in your house and told your fighting perants to lay it off? You obviously DO NOT see my point of view, and I will not drop it, we might not speack of it tommorrow, but MARK MY WORDS AND MARK THEM WELL, I will never forget this. AND No, it is not over.

audioheem
Well then look who's who for never forgetting this internet arguement. No, I won't mark your words... mark them yourself; this is the internet and if you can't get used to disagreeing then don't go online. There are millions of people out here, you think everyone's always gonna agree with or be nice to you? As much sense as... hmmm... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/taz.gif

ragesRemorse
you know if you actually listen to the Pink floyds "dark side of the moon album" you will understand that they are never trying to say that tere is a dark side and a light side, its just a symbolic message as he is being pulled back into darkness, and insanity ounce again. so he just gives in. I'm just trying to be a hundred percent accurate here, even though this has no relevance.

audioheem
No that's cool... it's heading back to the topic... I've never heard the album or anything, is it good music?

ShiniGamiSan
4 pages. 4 friggin pages of bs on this post. I'm laughing so hard I can barely breathe.

I looked through allot of these Matrix forums. I like the Matrix movies, because they do touch on many psychological and philosophical ideals, concepts that to the general public are arcane and obscure. Like the Merovigian references. Come on, the Merovigians were simply using earlier symbolisms as a political means to expand their power. Look into the various incarnations of this archetypal iconoclasts from the few thousand years preceding the Merovigians. This symbolism dates back to Assyrian relief's.

I also like allot of these Matrix sites that try to find a Christian spin on the plot lines. They obviously haven't looked into the original destruction of the Biblical text by Emperor Constatine in 325 AD or read through the Nag Hammadi, the earliest extant version of the Bible. The problem with many of these ideologues is that they see through the rose colored glasses of Faith and Belief.

You can find the origins of the Matrix philosophy in Plato's "the Cave", and countless works and treatises after this, dating back thousands of years

I had seen the long lists of posts about the Wizard of Oz and the Dark Side of the Moon. So, I put on Dark Side of the Moon, started the matrix, and made broad references to what I saw on the screen and what the album was saying. If you want to see patterns of influence and are blinded by Faith and Belief, you can draw coincidences from any reference.

If I look today for Jesus's face in a corn flake, I'm sure I will find it, especially if I have the Faith and Belief in Jesus as a savior and son of god. But sorry crew, I see Christianity as a later incarnation of Buddhism, especially if you read the earliest known versions of the Bible, and not the version 99% of Christians read and drag around that Constatine butchered and re-wrote to expand his power base in 325 AD.

I mean, would Constatine hype up the power of the Bible. He is the same person who originally said he had the idea to paint white crosses on his soldiers shields going into battle "In a dream", and then a dozen years later, when writing his autobiography, he then claimed that he had seen the words instructing him to put white crosses on his troops shields "Written in the sky in fire and lightening while on horseback preparing for battle." If his story changed from "Realized in a dream" to "God reaching down from heaven and showing me the path with burning letters written in the sky." how much do you think he changed the Bible in general. Remember in 325 AD, he rounded up the 2,000 existing hand written original versions of the Bible, and burned all but 175 of them, and all these that remained undestroyed had been drastic revisions of the original text. It's also why the recently discovered Nag Hammadi bible shows early Christianity in it's real light. Jesus was basically preaching what Buddha had said. Heaven was here on each. Do good deeds, and this good luck or karma would return to you.

As for the Matrix and it's plot and ending, it's a work of fiction, and we'll see what the writers write. Will it have a philosophical impact on humanity, maybe yes for the general masses, for those of us who have studied religion and philosophy, we'll just smile as we watch all the great cinematography and choreography of destruction.

Soooooooooo. Put on the Matrix and start Dark Side of the moon, and then you'll get the joke.

I only wish Joseph Campbell was still alive to see these movies, I'm sure he'd love them.

If you're looking for Worlds within Worlds within Worlds, you will find them. If you're looking for a fun action packed movie to watch, the Matrix films are them. If you need to have the universe explained to you, then look into String Theory physics, that's even more outlandish than the King James Bible if you can believe that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.