Smallvillie vs Lois and Clark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vvvrulz
Smallville wins any day.
Whats your opinion?

i pick smallville just because i like the fact that we get to see his powers develop, lois and clark was a good show too though

peachezpnai
man smallville is the best tom welling is so hot to wow i just love it i think smallville explains a lot more and we are able to see the strugle of being a person with super powers. but yes tom welling is so hot

bobbynine
Too easy. Smallville definitely. The Lois and Clark show was all right, but Superman is not that short and I didn't think Lois was that hot. The sets were also very stage like.

mane666
So u people thinks that Lois is hot man u need 2 se Lana Lang @ Smallville She's Cutter than Lois... Peace Out sad

regex_1
I love Smallville. It is alittle funner to see him explore his powers and to see his life without being a superhero. Though I did love lois and Clark.

fourth_avenue
Smallville rules! I love Lana and i don't like Smallville's version of Pete Ross for her.. do you?mad

regex_1
No, I don't like the new Pete. And I don't think Lana should be with him.

Smallville
Lois and Clark was a show for kids it wasn't a real show like smallville.
smallville is for every one it reali is fantastic its not like lois and clark the good allways wins and that is borring superman costume is old and i like smallville because of that

manjaro
Small ville all the way becasue at least we're seeing his powers develop. Lois and Clark completely sucked ass because by this time clark was a grown ass man and all his adversaries were just purse snatchers and bank robbers. I mean, where's the mad scientist?the power hungry dictator, rampaging aliens, or even lex frikin luthor?

ilvorlandobloom
Smallville all the way baby! woohoo. Smallville is the best show ever! Tom Welling is SOOO frickin hot!

DemonicGambit-2
Lex Luthor was in the early seasons, then he went flying off a building. I happen to like Lois and Clark better, but I can tell I'm in the minority here. And the aliens were towards the end of the series. I'll just say the mad scientist, depends on which kind you want me to name, were in the mid. And with that I bow and bid farewell

Superman5452
Smallville isn't as good as Lois and Clark. How can you have a show bout superman and not have superman in it just clark. and metropolis isnt in Kansas

ABS420
No Metropolis isn't in KS neither is Lex Clarks best buds but the show had to take a few artistic licences in order to create a interesting show. That doesn't mean the show isn't as good (or better as the case may be) as the other. Further more the show is called Smallville i.e. no Sups yet.

arniehira
smallvile by far.

Mr_Famous
Smallville rocks and Lana is wayyy hot!!

TheFilmProphet
Smallville

Mr Parker
I totally agree.I hated Lois and clark.

Mr Parker
I could not have said it better myself. thumb up rock

TheFilmProphet
Lana drool

clickclick
Lois and clark wasnt for kids. Smallville seems geared towards teens.

Lois and Clark was cheesy, very much so. If anybody remembers when there was that Lois clone made out of a frog or something. Or when she had amnesia for a long time or the episodes with the tempest and time travel. Horrible, Horrible episodes. The bad guys were pretty much all terrible save for maybe Luthor. Id really like to forget that show ever even happend.

Smallville is more entertaining but the quality is inconsistent.

TheFilmProphet
I agree with all your points.

Nathaniel Grey
I'm not entirely fond of Smallville at all. Though the concept is arguably a decent one at best I find myself cringing at the sexual tensions they seem to force on the characters. The show still comes off as a Dawson's Creek, Seventh Heaven, OC -- hydra to me. It's just unappealing with all the baseless drama and soap opera like ongoings causing the actual comic book history to take a back seat. As cheesy as Lois & Clark was they were a lot closer to the actual Superman comics than the current " Smallville ". In the end that's what I was looking for. Something that reminded me of the story of Superman's beginnings and Smallville isn't it. Lois & Clark had all the plot devices needed but were lacking in a budget to tone up the show visually as well as storyline wise. In comparison Smallville has a greater budget than Lois & Clark did as well as a more appealing look to the mechanics of their " superpowers ". But unfortunately I still can't get over the overly dramatic scenes that happen between the characters not to mention the sheer annoyance I have with their cast. Tom Welling over all does a great job as Clark but I prefer Dean Cain. Smallville as far as I'm concerned ISN'T Superman's origins and ranks behind Lois & Clark's over all commitment and loyalty to the mythos of Superman.

Mainstream
Smallive by far dudes. Lois and Clark kinda sucked. But not as bad as that 60's Batman tV show.

TheFilmProphet
true

Joker1237
I liked Lois and Clark, wish they bring it back.

And yes even though I perfer the dark Batman over the goofy Batman.

The Adam West Batman still has a appeal to me. for some odd reason.

Joker1237
oh and Lois and Clark beats Smallvill imo.

TheFilmProphet
Wish it didn't exist. wink

Joker1237
Now what was wrong with Lois and Clark?

Paola
I never saw it! crybaby

pr1983
i loved lois and clark, i thought it was excellent.

i don't think its fair to compare them though, smallville is about superboy... lois and clark was about superman...

teri hatcher droolio

Mr Parker
and metropolis isnt in Kansas

good point.thats one thing I dont like about Smallville is they got that wrong,that metropolis is in new york. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

Volta1228
I'm another in the minority, I guess. I'd choose Lois & Clark over Smallville any day.

However, I will say this... they're two totally different shows w/ different pace, target audience and genre. I guess which one you like better depends on which type of genre you prefer.

L&C just had so much more spunk, and so much more chemistry and charm for me than I've seen out of Smallville.

In addition, Smallville is basically a teen soap opera which I've never been particularly fond of... even when I was a teen! I watched the first season of Smallville, but had a really hard time getting into it.

I'm always a little surprised by the hate I read for L&C. It was a popular show for a time so it must have had something going for it (I don't think I'm that crazy). True, the early 90s visual effects haven't aged well, but that's something I can overlook in favor of other pluses... and this is coming from someone who's does 3D FX. smile

I understand by some people don't like it, esp. if you're watching it mainly for Superman. But sometimes I feel that people forget the focus and genre of the show. It was, after all, mainly a romantic comedy... so of course it was cheesy and light. The focus was Clark, not Superman, as the title of the show suggests. I like this about the series... and actually like that they took a totally different direction than the movies that had come before it.

Loved L&C when it was on... and love it just as much now that I've "rediscovered" it on DVD!

~Volta

Volta1228
Originally posted by manjaro
Small ville all the way becasue at least we're seeing his powers develop. Lois and Clark completely sucked ass because by this time clark was a grown ass man and all his adversaries were just purse snatchers and bank robbers. I mean, where's the mad scientist?the power hungry dictator, rampaging aliens, or even lex frikin luthor?

Lois and Clark had all those things... Lex Luthor appeared in seasons 1-3, Rampaging Aliens were in the end of season 3 and beginning of season 4, power hungry dictators throughout (Luthor, Tempus, the Nazis in Super Mann episode, etc...) and there were several mad scientists in the series as well....

RevoWution™©®
Lois and Clark is to Superman as what the Adam West Batman series was to Batman. Camp and cheesy.

However, I enjoyed the Adam West Batman, whereas I hated Lois and Clark.

Smallville is awesome though. Possibly the only TV series I've followed closely besides Prison Break.

steverules
laughing out loud Lois and Clark had sex in lois and clark so it clearly wasn't for kids and yet...it seemed like it was

brainchild81
I can't stand Supes, but I hate when I miss Smallville. It's way better than L&C. It's like we get to see Supes b4 he got lame. No glasses as a disguise & no lame costume big grin

hermione7
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/buffywill07/plastique-8.jpg

smallville LandC the best

Checklist418
I was never a huge fan of Lois and Clark to be honest. And I only recently started watching Smallville, but that show surprised me! I actually got into it real fast and haven't stopped watching since. BTW, new season starts soon AND season 7 is coming out on DVD Happy Dance

Bardock42
Preferred Lois and Clark

BUSTER1
Smalville easily-like I prefer West Ham over Man U in football.Smallville gog character development on the same par as Sopranos. Lois and Clarke camp jokey storeylines

Faux Smurph
Originally posted by BUSTER1
Smallville gog character development on the same par as Sopranos. Hahaha...

HueyFreeman
Smallville gog character development on the same par as Sopranos. I chuckled when I read that,

Raoul
Smalville easily-like I prefer West Ham over Man U in football.Smallville gog character development on the same par as Sopranos. Lois and Clarke camp jokey storeylines

preferring west ham over man utd isn't a good start...

Emma718
i liked Lois and Clark, but i was really young when it was on and i can't remember anything of it now. Maybe i should watch it on youtube to remember lol.

But i would still go with Smallville anyway =D

Soljer
In a fight or just preference?

Brak Dayton
I thought Lois and Clark was the closest they've ever gotten to the feel of the comic book. The first two seasons were especially good, Lex Luther being exceptionally evil.

It did start to go downhill into season 3 and when it got really bad it was terrible.

Smallville is smart and sexy but it ain't Superman. I can almost accept Lex in Smallville but Lois?!!! If he ever puts on a costume he's either going to have to wear a mask of put on a pair of goggles.

Lois and Clark wins it for me just because it's more like the comic.

xJLxKing
Smallvillie use to rock when the first season aired. Now it okay. However, I am looking forward to watch the fake Doomsday big grin

I voted for Smallvillie BTW

bychance
Smallville is in general an okay show, but I prefer to watch Lois and Clark. At least, the first two and a half seasons. Although Dean Cain played a lackluster Superman, he only plays Superman for a few minutes per episode because the show isn't about Superman. I love his Clark Kent. Since its post-crisis, he's not a bumbling fool as a disguse, he plays Clark Kent to what 'mild mannered' really means. Dean Cain also added a subtle the square farmboy smallville side of Clark Kent that George Reeves didn't have.

The villains sans Lex Luthor were poor, but again, the show wasn't revolved around adverseries. Of course it would be nice if there were better ones.

I preferred the original Jimmy Olsen played by Michael Landes than the one that replaced him.

Originally posted by bobbynine
Too easy. Smallville definitely. The Lois and Clark show was all right, but Superman is not that short and I didn't think Lois was that hot. The sets were also very stage like.

Lois is more than just being "hot". Than again, you like Smallville better so of course you'd probably think that embarrasment

Originally posted by Praylu
Wish it didn't exist. wink

And be left without the best Lois Lane and Perry White portrayal by far? No, I'm very thankful for its existence wink Also, Michael Rosenbaum also mentions John Shea (who plays Lex Luthor on L&C) as an influence, so whether people here prefer Superboy 2001 or Lois and Clark, L&C is a major part of Superman in the media.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.