How would a horror movie go to far

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
i think making a horror movie baout real life killers is going to far i mean they should respect the families of the victims and then killing of children in a movie in a violent way is going to far but relaly i will accept ne thing in a horror movie and actully ne other movie also and molesting of children they shouldnt even touch on that to much cause that is a sick topic not to mention it makes u want to turn the movie off cause i mean why treat lil kids with such cruelty and offensive things like i think that is the worst thing to be a child molester well murders first but they r a close second

BackFire349
Henry-Portrait of a Serail Killer was based on true events. And i don't think it was disrespectful in anyway to the people who actually lived those events. As long as a movie doesn't glorify the negatives someone has lived then i don't think it is going to far.

mechmoggy
Not all movies are about feeling good IMO, a good movie (horror or not) is emotive for the watcher. Whether the emotions the veiwer feels are good or bad isn't the point, its about communicating a story in the best way possible.

Its interesting you bring this up DeNiro cus I was playing with the idea of starting at thread which was basically gonna pose the question: -

"At what point in time will Hollywood (or maybe the world) except the idea of a film being made about September 11th?"

Right now the wound is still far too open for it to happen, but in 20 years maybe, who knows. Will that be going too far?

BackFire349
If the crap that was Pearly Harbor wasn't considered to be trivializing the actual events and going to far, the nothing is.

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

Asami
A horror movie going to far.. Make a snuff evil face

xblanex
I would actually like to see a movie on the sept 11 events. I find it interesting. It could have a good plot, if the right person made it.

DeNiro
some valid points well i was thinking more on the lines of like rember they where creating dolls of gacy dulmore nd bundy and shit and the victims families where outraged i was thinking more on the lins of that but now that BF said as long as they dont whatchamacallit glorfie the killers deeds then it is alright but september 11th is way to early to do know i heard sumthing about a video game of that and like the goverment or some shit like stopped it immediatly from happening

SaTsuJiN
Lmao @ a video game of September 11th. I mean can you imagine what the back of the box would say? (everyone should come up with a back of the box phrase) Mine is "Be the terrorists or be the victims - Destroy the WTC for allah or jump from the roof holding hands with your friends"
Even Family Guy wouldnt mock the sept 11th event, and you know thats saying something in terms of society.

xblanex
haha thatd be kinda fun

DeNiro
i would play it just to see what it was all about then say this is gay then stop

SaTsuJiN
I forgot to mention that horror movies have already gone too far.

Examples : Scream 2 , Scream 3 / Jason X , Freddy vs Jason (im sure theres more that I cant think of off the top of my head, but Jason X speaks powerfully enough)

I think when the movie becomes all about killz and the number of gallons of blood spilled, then you should just stick a fork in the franchise and pronounce it 'done'

BackFire349
Well there's a whole sub-genre dedicated to reandom killings. It's called the slasher genere.

slayer
Slashers rock!!

SaTsuJiN
I guess if america can love xXx (mindless nonsense), I suppose its possible

ANGELIQUE
I WOULD SAY MAKING VIDEO GAMES ABOUT THEM,IF THEY
HAVEN'T ALL READY,OR PUTING THEM ON STAPMS,IT WAS
DIFFERENT WITH THE UNIVERSAL MONSTERS!

DeNiro
u can say that again

ragesRemorse
the only way a movie could go to far is to glorify murder, anything could be put into a movie if it were done right

Espantada20
I think it's too soon to make any kind of sept 11 movie or game.And about the movies going to far,if it's in the name of art,there's nothing wrong with it.Horror is art.Just look at some of the Stephen King books that were made into movies.Some of the best parts of the books were left out of the movies and that takes away from the plot of it all.Like IT could've been so much better if they had left parts in and told the story as it was written in the book.Also in Pet Semetary,Christine,Cujo and Sleepwalkers.Compromising was obviously made but at a great price.I think that if something is relevant to the telling of the story in the, plot of the movie it's alright and it's not going to far.If it were being used for pure shock value and to be grotesque with no relevance then it wouldnt be appropriate

Impediment
The underlying fact is that it is a horror MOVIE, a.k.a. fiction. If anything from murder, rape, necrophelia, pedophelia, or the worst you can imagine is presented in a horror movie, then I dont think that it is at all "going to far" as long as it is in no way glorified, promoted, or presented in a positive manner. Remember it is a HORROR movie. it meant to be horrifying.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.