2004 Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Soth
In this thread, I wanna talk abou all the movies coming out next year that I am highly anticipating. Chief among them are:
Kill Bill Volume 2
Blade:Trinity
Van Helsing
The Punisher
Spider-Man 2
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban(just kidding big grin)
Shrek 2 and many many more

Anybody wanna add more, make comments, etc?

lukeyduckey
I wanna see the Harry Potter one coz i love the book..and want to make sure it god this time!!
Kill Bill vloume 2 coz i love the first.

Kes
I really wanna see Ven Helsing big grin

Lord Soth
While I agree with you that the Harry Potter books are very good, the movies are crap. With a differnet director (Alfonso Cuaron), it might be better, but I think Chris Columbus failed for the first two

Lord Soth
Van Helsing is gonna be awesome! Hugh Jackman is a fantastic actor, Stephen Sommers is a brilliant director, and Kate Beckinsale (Underworld) is X-tremely hott! love

BackFire349
Kill Bill 2 is the only one i care about from your list.

I'm pretty sick of the whole vampire craze, all the vampire movies of late have been pretty crappy so I've lost hope and interest in those movies.

Spiderman 2
and the Punisher woohoo!

Lord Soth
No doubt, the vampires are returning in populairty. Unfortunately, most of the movies are crap. I really like the Blade movies, though, and even though I have high hopes for Van Helsing, it could very well turn out to be a mediocre vamp. film.

Lord Soth
A Spider-Man fan, I see big grin big grin

aniron
the last unicorn is coming out it will star mia farrow and christiphor lee who were voices in the original cartoon version.

Bad Boy
Pain and Gain

Lord Soth
The Last unicorn? Never heard of it

Lord Soth
Never heard of Pain and Gain either.......

neghinitza
Terminator 4?

neghinitza
Blade:Trinity 's is gonna be the blockbuster!

neghinitza
Kool movies u like man?!?!? This aren't.

neghinitza
See Amores Peros.

Lord Soth
What the hell does that mean?

Lord Soth
I have very high hopes for Blade:Trinity. However, as BackFire stated, it might suck. ~fingers crossed~ smile

movie_freak
Don't really know much GOOD movies are out nexy year all i know is Kill Bill Vol.2 & maybe Spiderman 2

*DarkPhoenix*
ooh i wanna see Kill Bill never mind Volume 2..

the film im really wanting 2 see next year is The Aviator..thats if it comes out on time of course *crosses fingers*

plenTpak52
Spider Man 2 and Kill Bill 2 is all I really want.

BOPRecruit 16
Van Helsing - May 21st
Spider-Man 2 - July 2nd
Harry Potter 3 - July

BOPRecruit 16
oh yeah! catwoman!

Lord Soth
Correction: June 4th

Lord Soth
I think I'll just post all those release dates big grin

Kill Bill:Volume 2-February 20th
Blade:Trinity-August 13th
Van Helsing-May 7th
The Punisher-April 16th
Spider-Man 2-July 2nd
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- June 4th
Shrek 2-May 21st
Catwoman-July 30th
Pain and Gain-TBA 2004
The Last Unicorn-couldn't find anything, sorry aniron

Any I forgot?

BOPRecruit 16
thanks for the heads up. some sources were exact or up to date i guess.

AliasNeo15
"Constantine"

Darth Vicious
While i wanna see Spider-Man 2, Punisher, Blade:Trinity, Kill Bill is at the top of the list, the first one blew me away, i wanna see how it ends!

plenTpak52
Oh yeah I also want to see Harry Potter 3 and Catwoman. Almost forgot. Actually I did forget, but you guys reminded me. So, thanks, i guess

Paola
Shrek 2!!!! eek! OMG OMG!!! GREAT!!!

Lord Soth
Wow, it took a long time for someone to reply to this again laughing

ragesRemorse
I'ts been a long time since i have looked forward to a year of movies. 2004 gives me high hopes and builds anticipation for me. After a year of some of the worst movies ever with only a handfull of exceptions i am looking twords the future of 2004 with movies like

Aliens Vs predator---which will probably be pushed to 2005
Jersey Girl
Spiderman 2
Dawn of the Dead remake
Hero
The reckoning
The forgotten
Mad MAX-fury road
oceans 12
and of course KILL BILL volume2

Lord Soth
I didn't even know about the DotD remake till I saw the trailer when I went to see TCM. But all those movies sound good

Alien vs. Predator has been pushed to either 2005 or 2006, I'm pretty sure

ragesRemorse
Anderson is still hoping and shooting for an August 2004 release. He even had all the teaser trailers advertise this release.Anderson said though it's most likely it will be pushed back to an early 2005 release. I finally got to see the teaser trailer today while going to see alien. even though it's only prior movie shots. I still pissed myself

Lord Soth
I can imagine. All us X-Men fane'll have to wait until at leats till 2006 for X3 mad

wicker_man
The Dawn of the Dead remake - on the sheer basis that i am a fan of the original and want to compare.

Resident Evil:Apocolaypse

Aliens Vs Predator - Slated for a 2004 release

ragesRemorse
I was highly dissapointed with X2. I am still a long time X-men fan so iam with you on the nerve racking wait. Maybe thsi is a sign of perfection being catered to though. if so i'll wait with a smile. I know X3 will be the last hope for a great x-men movie. I see decades of horrible desecrating x-men movie spin offs

ragesRemorse
my preyers consist with a little side preyer that dawn of the dead wont be another cliche horror remake.

BOPRecruit 16
i heard that casablanca was going to be remade. i hope not.

Lord Soth
That so? It's considered by many to be the best comic-book movie ever made

Lord Soth
I can't believe I forgot Resident Evil:Apocalypse! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/chair.gif mad mad mad mad

I'm stupid

ragesRemorse
X-2 was deffaintly well made and portrayed the x-men essence perfectly. It is that character changes that were made that upset me. It was also the action in the movie. I mean i know most loved it, But im not looking at what was there however what wasnt there. I know it does give a good lead into the next movie.

ragesRemorse
im looking forward to RE2. I thought the first was great.

You wanna hear somthing disgusting? There making a rocky 6, and a Rambo 4 Aww god i believe the second comming is near. The anti christ has shown his form as sly stallone.

Lord Soth
Yeah, I know about Rocky. And they're also making Die Hard 4 and Indiana Jones 4. Why do all the old people get new movies that'll completely ruin their franchise?

ragesRemorse
well i dont mind die hard or indiana jones, being made again . These are being made just for the fan"s love of the triology. There not triying to bank some more money on a tired out dated, over attempted movie. Rocky one was a great movie the second was a good the sequal. The rest are un nessicary moneysucking based movies. . first blood was great all else were unsicassary.

Indiana jones and die hard are of the best trilogies.After a succesfull trilogy, of a span of 20-years. it is law that you are allowed to make a movies jsut for the fans or just to go back so we can see opur hero's ounce again with a presnt day movie making twist.

ragesRemorse
i agree with you though soth. Movies studio's do tarnish and or ruin a trilogy or two parter by returning, when the storsy has already been told, and there is no way to make a great Rambo or Rocky short of brainwashineg people from forgetting the original movies. i tdont think holly wood will come across this ability for another..wait hollywood does brainwash never mind

Lord Soth
Sadly, you're right. Still, they're something somewhat thrilling about an old guy kicking ass big grin big grin

vvvrulz
awwwwwwww, not more sequels.
I give up.

Lord Soth
I just decided that I'm gonna start a routine. Late next year, I'll make a '2005 Movies' thread, and so on and so forth. Any support?

SilverFighter
Good choices I personally can't wait for Kill Bill volume 2 ninja. Tarantino Rulz! I'm also crossing my fingers on Spiderman 2 and Punisher I just hope they're fun to watch. smile

Bad Boy
Pain and Gain is Michael Bay's first attempt at 100% non-action!

Lord Soth
I see. Well, I'll look out for that for you

Lord Soth
New additions to the list: The Ring 2 and Halloween 9

Dogbert
Barbershop 2 is also should be coming out 2004. i was a big fan on number 1 and lookin foward to this

Lord Soth
Well, it's not my cup of tea, but I'll add it to the list

burlyman
is the new disney/pixar 'The Incredibles' coming out next year?

I think that 2004 will be a really great movie year... We got "The Day After Tomorrow" "Troy" "The Punisher" "Spiderman 2" "Alien Vs. Predator" and who knows what other amazing movies will be coming out. Thank god for next summer. Last summer('03) was really a horrible movie time, and this year hasn't been that great, although this is the year of the matrix so it makes it all better, and by the way Revolutions was good, but i prefered Reloaded.

starlitegrl
also hp3

Darkweaver
Well besides The Matrix, you had X-Men 2, Pirates Of The Carribean, Terminator 3 and a few other good movies. Other than some of the more duddier flicks (The Hulk & Underworld for instance) it's been decent.

x2 was cool, and i liked it but it wasn't one of those really noticable movies for me. I forgot about it like 2 days after i saw it but when a movie is really noticable it's in my head for weeks. And same with terminator 3. It was good but just not noticable...and i didn't see potc and i didn't want to either

HockeyFace
I just want a new Halloween flick... to bad none are coming out in 2004... sad

Lord Soth
I wouldn't know at the moment. I'll check it out for ya

ThuggnBLUE
Alien Vs. Predator....Van Helsing

Darkweaver
Well, I heard rumblings of a Pinhead vs. Michael Myers movie. When I can post links, I'll provide the source of this info for you (unless you already know about it).

namarie
troy stick out tongue

gregmss
spider-man 2, envy, south park 2 mabye 2005

Kes
I agree with X2, The Matrix (thou I was a little disapointed with both), POTC was good. But T3 sick
Didnt see Hulk and Underworld as far as I know hasnt come out yet (here) Kill Bill is fun to watch. Thou you could hate it.

ivyem
Yipee! hey do you know about pirates of the Caribbean 2??? pirate

Lord Soth
Whoa. Wait a sec. has another thead been combined to this? I'm confused

Lord Soth
It'll take me a while to update the list now. gimme a couple days

Kes
Yes.

lil bitchiness
oo Blade:Trinity..i cant wait for that...the biggest bummer in that film is that they killed of Deacon Frost miffed

cant wait to see the third one...

Lord Soth
I'll have the complete list of all the movies mentioned (from the beginning) by tonite

Myth
Troy looks awesome with Brad Pitt. Also Aliens Vs Predator is coming out, which a must see even though it will probably suck.

Lucien
i think Blade should be good
and is ther actually going to be a terminator 4 cuase that would be awsome?

BOPRecruit 16
the punisher comes out april 16, i think. has that been mentioned already?

Lord Soth
Okay, here's a complete list of every movie mentioned in the this thread so far (release dates included)

Kill Bill:Volume 2-Feb 20
Blade:Trinity-Aug 13
Van Helsing-May 7
The Punisher-April 16
Spider-Man 2-July 2
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- June 4
Shrek 2-May 21
Catwoman-July 30
Pain and Gain-TBA 2004
Constantine-Sept.17
Alien vs. Predator-Aug 6
Jersey Girl-Mar 19
Dawn of the Dead-Mar 26
Ocean's 12-Dec 10
Mad Max:Fury Road-July 23
The Reckoning+The Forgotten-TBA 2004
Resident Evil:Apocalypse-Sept 24
Die Hard 4, Rocky VI+Rambo 4-TBA 2004
The Ring 2-Nov 10
Barbershop 2-Feb 6
The Incredibles-Nov 5
The Day After Tomorrow-May 28
Troy-May 21
Envy-April 2

Note-Any 'TBA's are subject to change

Another Note-Any movies mentioned in this thread that are NOT on the list are either not coming out in 2004 (in which case, it doesn't belong in this thread), or I couldn't find anything on it.

Hope you are guys are happy, this took me for-EVER big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

forumcrew
A-team (2004 tba)
The Dukes of hazard (2004 tba)
Pirates of the caribbean 2
Passion
The Butterly effect
scooby-doo 2
starsky and hutch
thunderbirds... i can go on and on....

oh and punisher is going for an 'R' rating yay its gonna be awesome

Lord Soth
The A-Team-TBA 2004
Dukes of Hazzard-TBA 2004
The Passion-Feb 25
Pirates of the Caribbean 2-TBA 2005. Doesn't belong here
Butterfly Effect-Jan 23
Scooby Doo Too-Mar 26
Starsky and Hutch-Mar 5
Thunderbirds-TBA 2004

Kes
I really want to see these:
Kill Bill:Volume 2-Feb 20
Van Helsing-May 7
Spider-Man 2-July 2
Constantine-Sept.17
Resident Evil:Apocalypse-Sept 24
Troy-May 21

I will most likely also see these:
Blade:Trinity-Aug 13
The Punisher-April 16
Catwoman-July 30 (Are you sure about this 1? Cos there have been so many problems blink )
Ocean's 12-Dec 10
Die Hard 4
The Day After Tomorrow-May 28

Kes
Can you tell me more about these?Like what are they about?

Pain and Gain-TBA 2004
Jersey Girl-Mar 19
The Incredibles-Nov 5
Envy-April 2

Oh by the way...great job Lord Soth.
Oh and what about Gothica (the new Halle Berry movie)?
Has that come out yet?

forumcrew
jersey girl isnt worth another thought.. its a bennifer movie..

Captain Wacky
Mabye...except the whole arnold being govener and all wink

supershane
I really want to see alien vs predator that will probaly be really good

forumcrew
go to www.movies.com and search for terminator 4 they have some rumored info about it

supershane
alien versus predator is the one i want see over all movies next year except if there's a x-men 3

Kes
Ok wont see it. Def wont see it.

Lord Soth
Unless I hear otherwise, I'll keep this up

Lord Soth
Terminator 4 is TBA 2005, X-Men 3 is TBA 2005/2006(which I'm not happy about mad )

Lord Soth
Let's see...

Pain and Gain-Those silly muscleheads: In director Michael Bay's next action thriller, steroid-abusing bodybuilders engage in a campaign of kidnapping, extortion, and murder in Florida. The story is based on the Sun Gym gang, jocks who got away with increasingly bolder crimes, even though they were rather inept criminals. The gang finally got caught after murdering a couple, only to discover that they hadn't properly fleeced their assets and had murdered them for nothing.

Jersey Girl-Set in New York and New Jersey, circa 1996, the story is said to be loosely based on writer-director Kevin Smith's own experiences as a husband and father. Ollie Trinke (Ben Affleck), a slick music promoter, meets a book editor (Jennifer Lopez) at a company Christmas party and the two fall madly, passionately in love. But marriage and fatherhood bring about sudden changes in Ollie's previously simple life.

The Incredibles-A dysfunctional family of famous superheroes, led by the retired and overweight Mr. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson), is placed in a quiet suburb by the Witness Protection Program in order to protect them from their archnemesis (Samuel L. Jackson). But their peaceful existence is hardly that, with family disagreements sprouting up even during fights with the bad guys. And when the world is threatened, Mr. Incredible must go back to work to save the planet. (Disney/Pixar-animated)

Envy-Two lifelong friends and neighbors wage a war against each other when one of them (Jack Black) becomes rich after selling an invention. This drives his friend (Ben Stiller) insane with envy.

All descriptions are property of Movies.com

Lord Soth
Gothika comes out next Fri.

Punker69
Catwoman
The Bourne Supremacy
Garfield
The Punisher
Hellboy

and many more...........

Lord Soth
Bourne Supremacy-July 23
Garfield-May 14
Hellboy-April 2
(New)Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events-Dec 24

BOPRecruit 16
when does troy come out?

Lord Soth
May 21

Note: Before asking about a movie, refer to the big list on page 4. If it isn't there, then mention it to me

Captain Wacky
"This sequel is pure speculation, but since Terminator 3 did make money, don't count out a fourth installment of the franchise. One thing's for sure, though: Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't involved. Now that he's governor of California, making movies is on the sidelines, though a cameo in this pic is still rumored. There is talk of Nick Stahl and Claire Danes returning, as well as Linda Hamilton, with Arnold himself mentioning Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as a suitable star."

badkittykitty
j-lo is going to be in it? eek! say it isnt so!

Kes
Sounds interesting.
Definitely wont see it messed

Sounds funny but I dont watch cartoons in the cine.

Could be good. Or funny at least.

Thanks for the info.

Now all I need to do is find out when it comes out here messed

Kes
Got 2 more:
The Village. Plot Outline: Set in 1897, "The Woods" tells the story of a close-knit community with a mythical race of creatures residing in the woods around them.
Its the new M.Night Shyamalan movie.
With:
Joaquin Phoenix .... Lucius Hunt
Bryce Howard .... Ivy Walker
William Hurt .... Edward Walker
Sigourney Weaver .... Alice Hunt
Adrien Brody .... Noah Percy
Judy Greer .... Kitty Walker

The woods directed by David Ross

Plot Outline: Based in 1965, an all-girls private school deals with the mysterous going-ons in the woods surrounding the school. Credited cast:
Lauren Birkell .... Marcy Turner
Jane Gilchrist .... Ms. Cross
Agnes Bruckner .... Heather
Bruce Campbell .... Joe Fasulo
Emma Campbell .... Alice Fasulo
Patricia Clarkson .... Ms. Traverse
Gordon Currie .... Sheriff
Rachel Nichols .... Samantha

BackFire
Kill Bill 2

The Village

Palindromes

Dawn of the Dead

House of 1000 Corpses 2

SpiderMan 2

Jersey Girl

gregmss
lord soth do you have any info on south park 2 I just want to see it so much also i heard about a film called Gigli2 with ben Afleck might be quite cool I also want to see garfield, jersey girl (love the work of kevin smith), the alan partrige movie and ali g 2

Lord Soth
Oh, sorry, I forgot you lived in Portugal stick out tongue

Lord Soth
Wow you put lead actors too, I'm gonna be run out of business eek! stick out tongue

Lord Soth
As far as I know, no news about a South Park 2 (there has been much speculation).

Although many movies sites have talke about it, I only go by Movies.com, it's more official

As for BF's and Kes's contributions:
The Village-Aug 6
The Woods-TBA 2004
(found while sheraching for The Woods)A Way Through the Woods-TBA 2004
House of 1000 Corpses 2+Palindromes-nothing turned up.....curious.

Kes
stick out tongue

saucybird007
Shrek 2!! YAY!!! laughing out loud big grin

gregmss
I still want 2 no about Gigli 2 I've not seen Gigli 1 but anything with Ben Affleck is cool

Kes
gregmss> Gigli was considered the worst movie of the year, if not ever.

supershane
thats vary ture it was only in theaters for 2 weeks it was that crapy

Lord Soth
Kes, I completely agree, but I must provide info. for any movie I can stick out tongue
However, there is no news about any Gigli 2 so far (and the world is thankful)

Kes
big grin

gregmss
weird

Lord Soth
Not really surprising, though. I think the movie made about $.5 million worldwide or something equally pathetic

McCrank
Troy...

PersefonePotter
I am personally looking forward to the third installment of Harry Potter. Someone ^^ said that they thought the first two were not the best. BUT in the book series, I find the first two to be the most boring of all.

By far, Prisoner of Azkaban is the best book in the series thusfar and seeing as it will be a movie soon, I can't wait to see it. I love Gary Oldman. He was wonderful in Dracula and hilarious in The Fifth Element.

And as far as a South Park 2, I'd love to see it done, even more grotesquely than the first. BUT unfortunately, I do not see any information on it, even on IMDB.com

cogger15
i wanna see harry potter 3 and shrek 2!!! big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Lord Soth
Harry Potter: SS and CoS were absolute crap. If Alfonso Cuaron is as good as he seems, PoA will be much better.

I loved Gary Oldman in Air Force One such a lovable bastard..... big grin

Lord Soth
Anybody wanna add anything?

bLooMiLiCioUs
TROY, HARRY POTTER3 N NED KELLY!!!!!

nightcrawer89
Happy Dance that is cool

Lord Soth
Ned Kelly-TBA 2004

Kes
What the story? In Ned kelly? Who's in it?

Lord Soth
Ned Kelly-
Based upon the story of Aussie gunslinger Ned Kelly and his Kelly gang, who, in the late 1800s, became famous for their train robbing skills. Ned Kelly was a "bushranger," the Down Under equivalent of a cowboy, who made his own armor and was arrested at 16 for horse stealing. Kelly's gang ruled the wilds of Australia for two crazy years before being brought to justice.

Starring:
Heath Ledger, Naomi Watts, Geoffrey Rush, Rachel Griffiths, Orlando Bloom, Joel Edgerton

Porperty of Movies.com

supershane
who knows any info on alien vs predator

THX1000b
what do you want to know about A vs P?

supershane
that a group of scientist find a perimed sorry if i spelled it wrong with predator corpes with blown out chest and that predators come to earth to fight aliens in the perimed i just want to know if i got the right info or if im way off

Lord Soth
Alien vs. Predator-
Scientists try to lure Predators to Antarctica by using Alien eggs as bait. Predictably, plans go even further south than the icy continent. As the two species battle, humans find themselves caught in the middle and becoming casualties.

Starring
Lance Henriksen, Sanaa Lathan, Raoul Boya, Ewan Bremner

Also property of Movies.com

BOPRecruit 16
when does ned kelly come to the u.s.? seems like it already came out in other countries a long time ago.

bLooMiLiCioUs
sigourney weaver!!!!*runs to the box office* big grin i love her!!!!oh man esp in alien n allbig grinbig grinbig grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
nah ned kelly hasn't come put her,it's opening in april here....*can't wait!!!*big grin

Kes
Sounds good.

Kes
Lance Henriksen?!Thats the guy that played Bishop (?) in Aliens right?! The dude that was in Milenium (tv series by Chris Carter)

Lord Soth
According to my sources, it will come out in 2004, exact date unknown

Lord Soth
I wouldn't know stick out tongue

bLooMiLiCioUs
yeah he did (i'm a HUGE fan of the alien series)wink

Lord Soth
Well, there ya go, Kes big grin

Kes
lol thankssmile
I really like him!Well seems like I might just go and see Alien vs Predator.

Lord Soth
I probably will, even though I haven't seen any of the Alien or Predator movies

bLooMiLiCioUs
u SHLD watch da alien movies,they're AWESOME!!!and sigourney weaver as ripley oooohhhhhh........love

Lord Soth
My friends concur

Kes
I didnt like the predator but I love the alien saga, even the 4th that well kinda sucks lol But the 1st and 2nd (specially the 2nd) rock.

bLooMiLiCioUs
blink
what does that mean in english?wink

nightcrawer89
i know some info on a vrs p or i can find some out for any one who is looking big grin cool

Lord Soth
They agree big grin. Do I use too many big words? A lot people get annoye by that

BOPRecruit 16
ned kelly comes out this coming spring of 2004.

BOPRecruit 16
jonathan jackson is soon to be in stephen king's riding the bullet and shawn ashmore in underclassman, don't know when these movies come out.

bLooMiLiCioUs
haha ook.hey i'm not annoyed by it it helps widen my vocab so i'll be a better journalist in da future n hopefully a better writer toowink

gregmss
does anyone have any news on barbershop2 50 First Dates A Dirty Shame A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints 2004
Adam & Steve 2004
Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London 2004
Alfie 2004
Alien 5 2004
Alien Prison 2004
Aloft 2004
Alone in the Dark 2004
American Neurotic 2004
American Pastoral 2004
Anchorman 2004
Angry White Men 2004
Anymore 2004