History on Weaponry/Jewelry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zed
Does anybody know where you can buy the rings from???, Im not talkin about the "real" one. A replica will suffice.

And does anybody know where you can get any swords? I saw them on a website going for over 300 bucks, looking for somethin cheaper.

mah
all I know of is at some shops, don't know any internet sites.

yerssot
I think I can PERHAPS get some, but... you don't life near huh?

Anyway, don't you have a shop near the theater?

Raz
No he doesn't. Actually I can't think of movie membrablia shop here - apart from Woolies of course.

yerssot
I take it that you also life in Manchester.
Your feelings betrayed you smile

frodo_baggins21
Hey guys!
Where can you find a copy of "the ring"? If any one knoews a shore around London, Ontario, give a shout!

frodo_baggins21
roll eyes (sarcastic) Sorry about all the spelling errors above! roll eyes (sarcastic)

frodo_baggins21
I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUY SWORDS!
There is a little island near Black's in Masonville Mall in London, Ontario, Canada!

coolboarder98
Try Ebay

Hypernova
Not sure if this place only sells SW stuff... but try:
http://www.masterreplicas.com/

Fire
well there are a few places. where you can buy rings

lordoftherings.nl used to advertise where you could by them

Exa
I think you can get the rings in nearly every jewelry-shop... if not, a lot of internet shops sell them in hundreds of different versions.

Swords... hm, for example www.elbenwald.de (but German) or otherlandtoys (quite expensive).
Some fantasy-shops also sell them.

must_kill_Santa
Argos

OrliNElijahsGrl
yes ebay has tons of swords from lord of the rings, and the ring, and they have so many amazing stuff, there is a arwen costume on there im itching to get, but my mom would kill me, since ive went on a rampage bidding stuff from there, hehee, they have..a elvish love ring that im dying to get and i love the inscription on it, they have all kinds of rings, its amazing, i awe ebay!!! *hugs ebay*

so the best way to get swords and rings and other stuff from LOTR is to go to ebay

alot of stuff is high priced bidded on

the only elvish love ring i found that wasnt high priced, was like 4.99 and it doesnt end until 2 more days

which is why i think the medallion (from POTC) that i bidded on for just 2 dollars will get higher and someone will outbid me on that, because it doesnt end until 2 more days

i am anxiously awaiting my ring..and i hope to get it soon, i ask everyday when my mom or dad get the mail, im like: IS MY RING IN YET?!!

hehe, im anxious for my ring!!!!!!!!! (and the will turner picture that is signed by orlando bloom that i won as well)

hehehe so YES GO TO EBAY! hehehe! you will be amazed at the things they have

Corlindel
I know two shops in Lisbon/Portugal where you can buy LOTR swords stick out tongue

OrliNElijahsGrl
hehehee *dances around* im hyper

hahaha randomness!!

ahhh i love ebay *hugs ebay again*

*growls at the thought of elijahs new hairdo* aaahhhh

Hypernova
Doesn't lotrfanclub.com sell them too?

BOPRecruit 16

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue
Hadhafang Sword's Inscription

Aen estar Hadhafang i chathol hen,
thand arod dan i thang an i arwen.

' is called Throng-cleaver this broadsword-blade, defence noble against the throng for noble-lady'

Idril i hel en aran Gond Dolen

'Idril, daughter of the king Hidden Rock

shadowy_blue
Arwen and Hadhafang

BOPRecruit 16
http://www.noblecollection.com/images/catalog/NN9687C.jpg

BOPRecruit 16
Aragorn's Ring cost $129

Arwen's Sword cost $295

http://www.noblecollection.com/images/catalog/NN2729C.jpg

The Noble Collection

shadowy_blue
Yep. Really expensive but worth it. I am still considering of buying it. big grin

shadowy_blue
BOP: Can I post the other ones?

BOPRecruit 16
blue: sure. that's what this thread is about. pix and info about the object.

GANDALF'S RING

http://www.noblecollection.com/images/catalog/NN9512C.jpg

E-Post: Correspondence with Ian McKellan

The Three Elven Rings Of Power

BOPRecruit 16

shadowy_blue
Sting
Frodo's sword

A magical sword given to Frodo Baggins by his cousin Bilbo, the original ring bearer.

Bilbo gives Sting, a sword made by the Elves in the ancient days, to Frodo to serve him on his harrowing journey. Bilbo carried Sting with him when he originally acquired the Ring from Gollum. Sting's blade glows hen Orcs are present.

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue
Frodo and Sting

Exa

Izz
That's is German... (never been my best subject......)

turin
have any of you heard anything about them releasing actual real life full size helms fron LOTR? i have heard that they are going to sale elven helms and swords from the prologue as well as elendils helm. i also heard they are going to have a sauron collection which will include a gauntlet with the ring, helm and mace. i hope these a true and was wondering if anyone knew any more about it?

Exa
Yes it is but the pictures are not... and I think most of the names are the same as they are Sindarin or Quenya.

Ok a short translation the first erm six links are for pix of the Elven Rings, two photos of each (not all of the film);
Afterwards one original film dwarven Ring, then a pic of the dwarves with their rings; the next ten links show the Dwarven Rings as produced by BadaliJewelry (not the same as in the film but intersting pictures, I think)
The three longer links lead to photos of the Nazgul-Rings (the third is the one the witchking is wearing)
Then three pictures of The One
And finally Barahirs Ring (simply cool), a gollum-ring (has nothing to do with the film or any ring gollum wears) and a version of Nenya for men.
In the next posts some things about Barahirs Ring (other drawings, photos and descriptions)

http://www.quintessentialwebsites.com/lordoftherings/movieshots/three_elven_ringbearers.jpg
http://www.quintessentialwebsites.com/lordoftherings/movieshots/dwarves.jpg
and nenya again:
http://www.quintessentialwebsites.com/lordoftherings/movieshots/jewellry_galadrielsring.jpg

http://www.quintessentialwebsites.com/lordoftherings/movieshots/three_elven_rings.jpg

A hm a bit bigger version of the One Ring (o 15 cm, 2 kilos) made by the son of the smith who did the One for the film
http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/v2/media/galerie/sonstiges3/OneRingnz.jpg

I also heard something like that but I dunno if its true... but I found lots of helmets and stuff in onlineshops where you can also get nearly all the swords and banners and so on.

turin
banners? cool, i didnt know they were for sale to. do you have a link to them?

Exa
Hm, for example here http://www.elbenwaldshop.de/sess/utn153f9427b7bf0fc/shopdata/0080_Gew=E4nder/0020_Fahnen+und+Banner/product_overview.shopscript you can get banners of Rohan, elves (Finarfin?), Gondor and Orcs... there are more but I havnt got any links yet.

turin
those are pretty cool looking but me being limited to english i am severly limited at looking at that site, lol. thanks!

BOPRecruit 16
anything on arwen's evenstar necklace (before she gave it to aragorn and when was it made and all...)?

shadowy_blue
The History of Evenstar

Celebrimbor, the Elven-smith who wrought the Three Rings of Power of the Elves had the great desire for Galadriel. And to prove his resolve to her and to prove to her that he loved her, he made the greatest of his works (save the Three Rings) as a gift to Galadriel. And it is said that more subtle and clear was the green gem that he made than that of Enerdhil (a Jewel-smith of Gondolin), but yet its light had less power. For whereas that of Enerdhil was lit by the Sun in its youth. already many years had passed ere Celebrimbor began his work, and nowhere in Middle-Earth was the light as clear as it had been, for though Morgoth had been thrust out into the Void and could not enter again, his far shadow lay upon it. Radiant nonetheless was the the Elessar of Celebrimbor, and he set it within a great brooch of silver in the likeness of an eagle rising upon outspread wings. Wielding the Elessar all things grew fair about Galadriel, until the coming of the Shadow to the Forest. But afterwards when Nenya, chief of the Three was sent to her by Celebrimbor, she needed it (as she thought) no more, and she gave it to Celebrian her daughter, and so it came to Arwen and to Aragorn who was called Elessar.

shadowy_blue
Evenstar necklace

shadowy_blue
Arwen and Evenstar

BOPRecruit 16
what about the nazgul's and witch king's ring?

http://www.noblecollection.com/images/catalog/NN9358C.jpg

Exa

turin
http://www.bladesbybrown.com/lotr.html this site has all the info on the stuff united cutlery is coming out with, swords, helms, staffs, armour.....

Exa
Cool cool
thx!

omg why are they so expensive... I want to have that nazgul sword...

ash007
Hi i am planning to buy the ring. Has anyone else brought it? and what do they think of it.

Thanks

BingaBonga
good luck... seriously you'll need it... what is it, thousands of dollars probably

Hania
I went to tolkientown.com,
They have really good stuff, and the prices for the ring can go close to $900.00. I haven't bought it myself though. They have all the rings, and different variations of the ONE RING.

mailedbypostman
It's called the One ring for a reason.......

fini
hmmmm when i start working i'll buy the 14K ones for me and my brothers

Hania
I'm saving up for the Arwen Evenstar Necklace. It's soo beautiful. Has anyone bought it already?

BingaBonga
I'm sorry, but i thought it was the one from the movies... my bad... and hania, i won't say anything...

Hania
OK...

BingaBonga
if you haven't figured it out, i don't like arwen too much... at all... i pretty much... hate her. shifty

Hania
I'm not hyped up about her character either. I just think that the necklace is beautiful, plus it would look good on me, but that's besides that point. Yeah, I'm more into Frodo and Legolas, for obvious reasons

BingaBonga
oh no no... you can have your own opinions... i don't mind... i just hate it when people here say that my opinion on arwen is stupid, and critize it... but you know how people may be... Frodo and Legolas are both very fine men.... big grin love but i'm more of a Aragorn/Viggo fan... especially since you get to see his naked a** in some movies and even the front part... love though i haven't seen the movie yet... sad someday though...

bLooMiLiCioUs
laughing VERY obvious reasons love

BingaBonga
and once again.... don't forget Viggo! love wink

Hypernova
Not really... But I find myself THINKING about that Gollum statue messed messed whistle

Exa
I'm thinking about buying some more of this stuff, like Arwens necklace or things like that as soon as I have enought money big grin

At the moment I have only two One Rings ( big grin ), but one has a spelling mistake on it mad perhaps that's why it was not as expensive as the other.

grishnakah
I live in australia so i dont know how much prices vary in different countrys but i bought a replica of the one ring for $500 dollars and i thought that was pretty cheap ive got two ive got the gold ring which is on display in my room with all of j.r.r. tolkiens collected works and i have the silver ring which i were every were its like my goodluck charm
so in answer to ur question yes i have bought the one ring. big grin

Aragorn#1
BingaBonga- i dont agree with the Arwen thing but hey every ones dif. but Viggo/Aragorn hot damn!!! you go girl ha ha jk
i have the one ring it copper thats gold plated the gold was coming off so ya no u can see the copper it was only 14.99 ha ha but im getting the Arwen pendant thing for Christmas and the 14k ring when i get enough $

kokiril33t
i bought one. im whering it right now. i bought the 40 dollar one from Tolkientown.com and its great!

Aragorn#1
i got mine at the mall ha ha copper that cracks me up sorry back to subject i used to wear it untill it turnd orange/red

OrliNElijahsGrl
ive got a One Ring replica from ebay! I LOVE IT! Im wearing it right now!! And i have a elven brooch necklace, actually..i made it..i got the elven brooch from a legolas bookmark, and i just got a chain and made it into a necklace! its so awesome! So i have my One Ring and elven brooch and im hoping my friend gets me the evenstar for christmas, i told her i really wanted that necklace badly cuz its soo beautiful, and she said she was gonna try and get it for me!

Dejio
It's cheaper to just have a jeweler make the ring for you.
Anyway, I was married last May and I had a jeweler make two rings for me and my wife.

My ring looks exactly like the One Ring except for the writings. What it does have is an Elvish writing inside the ring. My name and my wifes name, and a little love statement plus the date of our wedding. All in Elvish script. It's 20carats gold. For my wifes ring I added five diamonds around the ring.

Ariadne
I would like one of those rings where the writing actually appears only when you heat it up, but that would be really really expensive and I don't want it that much.

Dejio, where did you find out how to write you and your wife's name's in Elvish script?

Dejio
I just did a letter-per-letter translation of our names. Because having its equivalent generated in Elvish would be pointless.

OrliNElijahsGrl
i love my One Ring! its got the elvish inscription inside and out, and its really neat, i looooove it, i never take it off, unless im taking a shower, but i really do feel drawn to it, and if i dont wear it, i feel weird, hehehe! its great

OrliNElijahsGrl
i mean if i forget to put it on or something, i just feel weird...hehehe

tiger lilly
yup i have the evenstar, and it is just gorgeous, my mum bought me mine for my birthday, i dunno how much it was tho i know it wasnt cheap!

id love the one ring, not to wear, cause i dont like gold all that much, but just to keep on display or somethin.... yes im that sad happy

id also love the ring galadriel wears.... but can i remember what the bloody thing is called?!?! noo..... no

Ariadne
Galadriel's ring is Nenya, the Ring of Adament or the Ring of Water. If I were going to get some LotR jewelry, it would probably be that.

Darth Vicious
Dejio, How did u paid for ur ring?, Im thinking about going to a jewler and see how much it comes to, $900. seems too much for me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.