Leaked Episode II Storyboards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
You can view the leaked Episode II Storyboards here

Comments?

Darth Daft
I thought most of these have been around for a long while. And although they look very cool I must say they don't look like real storyboards to me. They're too comicbook-like. If you look at storyboards or artwork for Episode 1 it is all in a completely different style. I know there are different artists involved but still this doesn't look like the work of a real member of the Ep2 art department.

Jedi Mercenary
awesome Raz!! But why won't you let us scroll down??

theEviljedi
Yeah,why can't we "touch?"

Darth Daft
You can only scroll down if you have a roller on your mouse, which I fortunately have.

Jedi Mercenary
roller, ha! I'll fix you good Daft!!

Darth Daft
Sorry I don't know what their actual name is. I think they should be called roller-scrollers though.

Mace23
Well I got the scroll bar when I checked it out, so maybe the page has been updated.

Kinda risky posting the storyboards considering the fact that Lucasfilm threatened to have some sites shut down because of them regardless of any type of disclaimer.

Jedi Mercenary
oh no, never do that again Raz!!

Raz
Problems fixed. You can now happily scroll smile

Please note that the storyboards are NOT stored on the Episode-II.co.uk server. And also you cannot access the link directly, you have to click from this page.
If you type in the link directly, you will be redirected to www.episode-ii.co.uk

queeq
Risky business, Raz. But a very nice gesture for those who had never seen any. For those who have seen these for the first time, it is only a fraction of the total of storyboards that leaked. It has a very extensive scene with OB1 fighting Jang. Part of it is here, but not the bits where he gets dragged along by a flying Jango. Also there are many more storyboards showing the entire Reek/Jango fight.
But be careful. LFL has powerful friends. Also, it is not safe from saving it to a hard disk so you are in violation.

queeq out

Ratcat
Yay!!! Had the first three, but the last two where new to me. I didn't realise there were so many more out there. queeg, do you have any idea how many in total there are?
Oh well, just have to be happy with these 5 for now.

Mace23
Personally I never looked at them, just a little to much information for my tastes. I would like to try and at least leave some surprises for myself when the film finally comes out.

Jedi Mercenary
Is that a Toydarian sitting in the arena

Dim
*hides her eyes from the tempation*
I'm not going to look...

And I think that's Poggle the Lesser...I don't think he's Toydarian..

queeq
Go on! Look! They're no dirty pictures or anything. And yes, that is Poggle the Lesser.

I don't know by heart how many there are. But I tell you what they show. SPOILER ALERT, CLOSE YOUR EYES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!!

It basically two scenes: the fight between OB1 and Jango which starts at the ramp, then young Boba starts firing the ship's lasers at OB1, OB1 gets dragged by Jango's wires fired from his wrist and he drags him along as he flies off, eventually OB1 drops down the cliff.
The other is the arena scene which starts with Jedi entering the arena, being watched by Dooku, Gunray and Poggle. Mace shows up and he starts a fight with Jango as the Reek is in the arena and Jedi are fighting battle droids and super battle droids. It also shows how the scene ends, but that I won't tell. Unless you REALLY REALLY want to know.

END OF SPOILER ALERT!!!

queeq out

Dim
*sigh*

You're the devil...

queeq
Well, thank you... not!

You could have closed your eyes, but obviously you can't resist temptation.

queeq out

Gundark
I don't know. These could be red herring. "I have a bad feeling about this". I agree with DD, they do look comic-book like compared to other storyboards I have seen in the past. Even Ralph McQuarrie's stuff looks nothing remotely like this. But I guess with a whole staff of conceptual artists at ILM, everybodys drawings are gonna look a little different, but I'm personally a little skeptical.

Dim
I am too...I don't believe anything anymore..

Ratcat
When I first saw them when they originally did the rounds I thought they were fake because of the fact that all the fett drawings were clearly Boba and not Jango.

i.e. No thigh pads, dent on helmet

But when they all got pulled by sites who said that LFL had demanded they be taken down I changed my mind.

Thing is, we don't *really* know if LFL got involved at all. I guess we'll find out in 2002....

queeq
I guess we'll have to wait. However, it does fit other rumours, including Sam Jackson's statement about the shoot that he had to wave his lightsabre around and pretend something big came at him "like a big truck". Sounds Reeky to me.

Another thing is the storyboards were supposed to be so detailed for the visual effects guys. Since most of these scenes are mostly CGI, it is very important to figure out the details of these scenes. It makes scenes, but I agre they look like comic book drawings. We'll have to wait and see.

queeq out

Boshuda
I think I've just soiled myself with excitement!! (the reek is mine this time guys!)
Its the first time i've seen the storyboards and they are AWESOME!!!!!!
Episode 2 is gonna blow our brains out!!
I believe they are real.There are too many rumors about these scenes for them not to be...there is always some element of truth in rumors.It doesnt mean that the scenes will stay or be even remotely like them...mores a bloody pity if they go!!
Maybe Lucas will piss us all off for having a gander and change the entire shebang!

queeq
With all that blue screen filming there's always the chance of that, hehehehe.

queeq out

Ratcat
Well actually it's green screen, but I'm just being picky!!!

queeq
Not always RC. Not always. They mix the two, using them for different applications. Most of the indoors shoots (if you've seen any pics of it) in Australia were done using BLUE screens.

queeq out

Raz
queeq is actually correct, an example of a blue screen in ep2 is here.

Ratcat
Oh alright then, if you want to be picky.... smile

But the sequence under discussion was green screen so stick out tongue ...

Raz
I've managed to get my hands on 20 more storyboards from the Obi/Jango scene.
Is there any interest for them? Or should I not bother posting them. I'm asking because the whole storyboards are a massive 6.2MB (after compression!)

Ratcat
YES!!!!!!!!

Gimme, gimme.

queeq
I already have them! They're great. Give 'm to RC, he'd love them.

Well, as I said green screens and blue screen are used in different occasions. It also has to do with what other colours or colour schemes are used in the sets and costumes. If there is some green, then a green screen will not work very well.

queeq abides

Ratcat
And Green and Blue are generally the colours used as they are the two most easily removed from a shot and also have lest reflective properties against human fleshtones. stick out tongue

Raz
Getting back on topic. I've posted all 27 files. Use the link from the first post.
There are now a total of 92 storyboards for you to check out.

Dim
*sigh* Why must you keep tempting me? laughing out loud

queeq
Oh Dimmy. Go ahead and look. It won't hurt. It'll get you excited.

queeq abides

funk to funky
If anyone wants all the jango vs Obi and Arena storyboards let me know.

queeq
Welcome to the boards, Funky. And I'm sure there are those wo'd love to have them. I already do, but thanks anyway.

queeq abides

Ratcat
Send em this way.

[email protected]

queeq
Let me know what you think when he sends them to you, RC. I thought they were pretty impressive. If they're real, of course.

queeq abides

Raz
I've just got those this morning.
This may take some time posting as there are 93 Storyboards, in 45 files!!!

Dim
Hmmmm..I didn't know there were so many.

queeq
Yep, that's about it.

queeq abides

noggins
Hi! I'm new to this board (unless you didn't notice smile

Having seen the storyboards at long last (I spent so much time visualising them after reading the shot-by-shot synopsis) all I can say is - WOW!

queeq
Hi there Noggins. Welcome to the boards. Happy to hear you enjoyed Raz's service to us all.

queeq abides

noggins
Thanks...
I was wondering has anyone got copies of the arena scene storyboards? Now that's a scene I'd love to see smile

queeq
I understood that Raz may have posted them in the first post of this thread. Check out the link, otherwise as Blasting Bolt. I have them but I have no idea how to zip them back. They were huge zip-files when I received them from a cyber-buddy.

queeq abides

funk to funky
Whoah, sorry, been away for a bit, forgot what I had said!
OK, anyone who wants the storyboards mail this address:
[email protected]

I would just like to say that I have never seen them myself and have no idea who the person behind this address is, but if you send a mail requesting which boards you want, you shall recieve them.
:-)

noggins
Great! Thanks for the info!

queeq
How nice, Funk. Are you going to get them?

queeq abides

noggins
Well, I've sent an e-mail. If I actually hear anything I'll let you all know. It's just time to hope and pray I suppose...

Still, when they were first leaked I was more than a little suspicious - how two of the most important scenes could escape....

queeq
I guess security at Lucasfilm is not that tight.

queeq abides

funk to funky
No, I wont see them, I'm staying spoiler free!!!!!!!!!!1

Brahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhaha

;-0

Dim
Yay funky!!!! FINALLY! someone else who refuses to look! laughing out loud

queeq
Weenies! laughing out loud

queeq abides

Dim
Who are you calling a weenie? *SMACK!*

We just want to stay pure...laughing out loud

noggins
Well, I mailed whoever it may be and oh boy is it the real deal. Try it out for yourselves (I gave up on being spoiler free when I found out Qui-Gon died at the end of TPM - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

finti
Too look or not too look that is the question.
Fall to the temptation is the darkside, guess I`m no jedi after all then. Maby a sith?big grin

noggins
Oh, it's worth it, believe me. Both scenes are just so tense. I really can't believe we've got over a year to wait!!!! GL was right when he said Mace was the best fighter out of the Jedi. manomanomanoman. That spinning thing at the beginning. woagh! I can't wait to see that on the screen!!!!!!

queeq
Yes, it looks very cool. Now how can we tempt Dim... hmmm, shall we just mail them to her? evil face

queeq abides

noggins
No one could resist that kind of temptation. We have to make sure everyone falls to the dark side, don't we smile

Ratcat
Well some one likes me, this morning 2megs of storyboards landed in my inbox and I hadn't even semt an email to that address. I haven't even looked at them all yet, but they appear to be the same as the ones we have here.

Oh, BTW, Hi Nogs, glad to see you're back on ezboard and you've found your way here.

Pity no one else who used to post on my old board has found their way over here.

noggins
Thanks RC! I've been off most boards for a while (WAAAAY to many arguments over at the Virtual Edition one and no discussion).

Back to the boards though - I wanna see that film. I wonder how much of them we'll get to see in the trailer when it appears November-time. They'll have to show a few snippets of those scenes (Man! Only 11 months til the next trailer!!!!! Time to start counting down the hours)

queeq
11 more months... bummer.

I finally found some time to read the Virtual Edition Synopsis. I think it is a very nice piece to start with, I think they did some excellent compiling of all the rumours. Check it out, I'd say.

Hi RC, good to have you back. And your sig looks really... elegant today.

queeq abides

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.