The Mero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CarlEnnui
I was just thinking about how the Mero became a badass. I mean, how did he become this matrix leader, what are his 'powers'?

He had to kill some people himself, at least in the beginning of his reign. So how good of a fighter do you think he is?

Everytime I see the Mero now I am reminded of the end of Godfather part 1 for some reason. He takes over the matrix and enforces his own authority, then for the rest of his life he sits back and orders everyone else to do his things.

Do the agents ever bother Mero and his men? Just something to think about.

JKozzy
Probably not, I've thought about that for a bit as well. He probably can fight an agent himself, but is too lazy to get off his French arse and do it. Also why he didn't fight Neo..

AliasNeo15
He's just a program that hacks programs. He gets himself programs to defend himself, so he doesnt hav to do any work. Ya, so he doesnt hav to get of his rich french arseLOLlaughing out loudLOL

spydar1982
my thoughts were that he was one of the older "Ones." Stuck in the matrix some how. look at his clothing. all black, long coat (best example is after chateu fight). He also seems upset with Neo "Your prediscesors were much more respectful" (not exact quote). Kind of sounds like my grandparents "you kids nowa dayssss" (shaking finger)... even though they used to be like us.

spydar1982
also persephone says "he used to be like you" i know that can mean anything. but it could help my theory. maybe he is stuck in hell (the club...) because he chose to try and save Zion rather than his wife......

CarlEnnui
"Interesting reading your reaction...." Oh sorry just watching the Arch scene.....

Spydar1982> I just noticed your location is in Larry's chair Happy Dance heh

Maybe he doesn't fight because he's French?

If he's such a good programmer, why doesn't he program a banana peel for Neo to slip on in the Chateau scene?

JediHDM
i do not think Mero is a previous ONE, rather i think of him as a fallen program from the Original Matrix, thats why Perse says "He used to be like you" (rough memory)...We are assuming all the previous ones choose the opposite door, and thus died in the "real world", based on Archies words...Also, i think Mero was given control...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.