the never ending story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
This is quite possibly the best movie ever made.

yerssot
It's a rip-off! It DOES end!

ToMacco
laughing out loud

Even the theme song in the opening credits are great.

Texas
I hate those kinds of movies, with the scarry puppets and the weird settings and scenery, gives me nightmares! Dont even get me started on the Adventures of Baron Munchausen! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Hey! That's a great film! Terry Gilliam is the MAN!

Texas
Horrible, horrible, horrible, frightening little children with his crazy stories! It's funny, but Bjorks videos are 10 times as fuc&*d up as Gilliams stuff, and I find them kewl! Go figure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Sorry, but Brazil is weirder than any Bjork video.

Texas
You've obviously never seen:
Venus as a boy
Army of me
Joga
Bachelorette
Alarm Call
Possibly Maybe

'All is full of Love' kind of resembles Brazil, with the robot and wire aspect. Except theres no cum in Brazil roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
The wolf in the Never Ending Story still scares me!

Texas
me too!!!!!! Hold me someone!!!

ToMacco
What a scary movie!

A storm called "The nothing!" How creepy is that? Then there's the wolf! The end of the world!

I was afraid to leave the house for 15 years!

Texas
I hate those movies, they traumatize little children! Then they call it 'The Never Ending Story' likes its going to haunt you forever, you can't escape it, it's never ending! They get inside your head and they never get out because its 'The Never Ending Story'!!!!ARGHHGHHHGHGH
*looks around paranoid*

ToMacco
laughing out loud laughing out loud

That's the truth! I'll never forget it.

Remember when he started to read the book. And those little dudes were in the forrest, and the rock-biter came. They were talking about pleasant things at first. Then, the rock biter becomes serious.

"The rocks, are now gone!" *slow, haunting music, and slowly zooming in on his face* "It wasn't something! It was nothing! And it got bigger. . . and BIGGER!"

At that point, I peed myself.

Texas
*covers ears*STOP IT!, STOP IT! I dont want to hear anymore, STOP IT!!! *runs away*

ToMacco
How about when Atrau was face to face with the wolf. And the look on the wolfs face when the earth shook. His eyes got huge each time.

Texas
ARRRRRRRGHGHGHHGHGHHGHGHG *Falls into fetal posistion*

ToMacco
The entire movie has this. . . eerieness to it.

The opening credits had a theme song that was great, and it showed pictures of huge thundeclouds in a rather haunting fashion.

Even when he enters the bookstore, and the old man warned him to stay away from the book. "Oh, this book is special. The books you read, are safe."

Then he reads it in the spooky attic of his school, even after it is dismissed. It's like the entire world shuts down, and it's just him and the book.

The whole film is just creepy! It sends chills down my spine thinking about it!

mah
so i guess YOU haven't read the book in your attic? laughing out loud

ToMacco
I don't need to. It scared the piss out of me, reguardless!

FLIPMODE
I always found that movie weird, and could nver finish watching it. They pratically Forced us to watch it in school. Some kid Kept Bringing it to Show and tell.

Is it just me, or did that BIG flying dog, have pimples and nipples on him?

THAT and this other movie I found WEIRD and UNWATCHABLE, starred a young Tom Cruise, where he fought some weirs Demon, and there were like Fairies in the movie. Anyone know what Im talking about?

ToMacco
. . . Top Gun? big grin

Texas
I know what your talking about Flipmode, how can I forget? LEGEND! Straight from hell itself! That movie really messed me up! That devil was just beyond scarry, and all those trools and evil stuff and elfs. Oh that was scarry!

ToMacco
Sounds stupid to me. Anything with Tom Cruise is probably bad.

Texas
Ridley Scott directed it.

FLIPMODE
That's the one TEX!!

I could not Finish that movie If I were paid too.

However the art Direction, costumes were Very well done.

That's the most Fairytail-ish Movie my eye's have ever seen.

BTW-The Never Ending Story, came on Sunday, on Starz, TV. Just thought you'd want to know. Very Uncanny. I caught it from the Scene With the Wolf speaking from the cave. Eyes glowing and all.

ToMacco
It's a great movie.

finti
"Turn around
Look at what you see
In her face
The mirror of your dream
Make believe I'm everywhere
I'm hidden in the lines And written on the pages
Is the answer to a neverending story"- Limahl
Oh I remeber this song well it was a huge hit together with
"I wanna know what love is" -Foreigner
"Last Christmas" - The Wham
"Do they know its christmas.." Band Aid
"Easy Lover" - Phil Collins and Phillipe Bailey.

December 1984 big grin

ToMacco
Everybody go rent "The NeverEnding Story" tonight.

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
Well, yerssot, I know you already watched it today. stick out tongue

Texas
Yeah, and as soon as he finished, he went off to see Glitter too stick out tongue

ToMacco
Yeah, but Glitter sucks, NeverEnding Story: good.

DeNiro
i liked the first one lot but then the rest of them sucked big time

ahaetrkarykl
ya the rest of them were really bad. i still remember the first time i saw the neverending story. they played it at school when i was in the first grade and i really shouldnt have seen it because i got so scared when the horse, well ya know. anyways its a great movie

SaTsuJiN
oh c'mon I know 1 was the all time best but 2 wasnt bad at all. I liked the memories in spheres and how the whole land went to hell from that woman. Like the dilapitated silver city, and the anguished friends. Even though they changed the atreyu (however you spell it) character, which in my opinion hurt the most, I still really enjoyed the film as a whole. Not saying it was anywhere near the first one hehe. 3 was a peice of trash.. and if they ever made a 4 that would be trash too lol.

BackFire349
The original is one of my favorite all time movies.

DeNiro
the orignal atrayu was awesome they couldnt have gotten a better actor for the part but the other kid umm devon or what evere hius name was well the kid that was in the movie It was alot better as him this kid was too much of a cry baby

razrez
lol i was serching atrau (my name) on google to see what would come up and i found this link to these forums and i though i would like to make a ost telling you all that my name is atrau like the indian from the never ending story and like the good hardcore band. (except that in the mavie it's spelled Atreyu like the hardcare band and my name is Atrau but they are pronounced the same way.)

Spider-Girl
I love this movie! I love the song, I always use to watch it when I was younger. Does anybody else like it?

whitedragon
yep i loved it but the other two wernt very good.hey what was the balck wolfs name? jus that i've forgot. The Nothing is coming!!!!!

botankus
Why did you change your name from Freddy_vs_Jason to Spider-Girl of all things?

Oh, to stay on topic, the black wolf was pretty cool, Artex the horse drowning in the quicksand was a little much when I first saw it b/c I was seven but I got over it 10 minutes later.

botankus
Speaking of which, chalk another one up for a user I totally had the gender wrong for. The last one before this one was chilled_monkey (thought was female).

Cinemaddiction
When you were younger, lol? I was watching this when you were probably crapping your diapers.

I loved it as a kid, which was when I was 8 in 1985. I had a hardcore crush on the Princess.

angiel
i love this movie. love the flying dog, the big a$$ horse that sunk in the mud and the princess... aaaaaaaaaaaawwww the princess love

fini
hey it was OK, but for more recent stuff from that movie. Sorry to the family of Jonathon brandis on his death last year.

Spider-Girl
Yeah, I heard about that. Also cinemaddiction that princess was hideous! sick ew! the second movie wasn't to bad, and niether was the 3rd.

mooseyfate
lol its an awesom movie I've loved it since I've first seen it.. the only thing I didnt like about it was the title... I mean seriously.. who puts an end to a never ending story??

eleveninches
I used to love that movie. When I was younger, I thought that the empress was really cute.

BlackC@t
The ending was my favourite part. When Bastian 'saves' that world thingy.

Flying on Flakor would be the ultimate experience!

Darth Odious
This is one of those cool fantasy movies, like Legend, Willow, and Labyrinth that will forever be burned into my subconcious.
It's might be the best.

b-dan
excellent moive but why didi they make 2 sequills i was happy with the book and the first moive

b-dan
Originally posted by Darth Odious
This is one of those cool fantasy movies, like Legend, Willow, and Labyrinth that will forever be burned into my subconcious.
It's might be the best. yes sum 1 that likes legend finally!!

King Burger
In addition to be an great movie, one with a wonderful
message (about reading), this movie also has an
excellent soundtrack!

And Legend was a great movie. Ridley Scott's third best
(after Blade Runner and Alien ofcourse!).

Wolvielover
I love that movie lololol It's one of my favs
even though the wolf scares the pss out of me lololololol

sexxysixx
I loved this movie as a child. It was all about the power of the young mind and what it can achive. No matter what sort of outer shell we have, the imagination is our most powerful wepon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.