What the hell happened to Tank?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vvvrulz
Something just occurred to me. Tank apparently died in Reloaded, but he looked in reasonable shape as M1 concluded. Surely that wound didnt overcome him that badly. I was disappointed with his replacement, Tank was cooool.. this guy was a moron. Who knows any details about how he died?

spydar1982
well M2 is a little more commercialized... so thats my belief for getting rid of tank... but I like Link better anyway. Much better actor. I heard that Marcus chong raided the Reloaded set pissed that he wasn't asked back, and took a lot of food. check this out

http://www.boycottthematrix.com/bigdeal.htm

ITALIAN926
I liked Tank better than Link... and wouldve been cool to have him back rather than a new character. We have enough questions as it is.

JediHDM
I would rather have Link...he's more human, to me at least...

ITALIAN926
More human?? Link is a wussy. Tank would kick his ass all over the place... he was a much cooler character. Link has feminine qualities, cant even carry his own baggage lol

JediHDM
Link is more doubting, more questioning. Tank just took orders and didn't ask why, didnt question. in that respect, Link is more Human than Tank.

spydar1982
maybe many do know this, for those who don't.... Marcus Chong aka Tank is Tommy Chong's adopted son.

movie_freak
Whos tommy chong?

JediHDM
Cheech and chong, i think...

audioheem
I actually prefer Link because yes, he is more human. I didn't even like Tank very much before I saw Reloaded. Don't know why... seemed too robotic.

Cowboyography
Link is way better, he has survived OZ for years!!! well all until the end there

clavis9495
Well I liked Tank but I like Link better coz he is just so damn funny!!

ITALIAN926
I just think that if they kept tank, the first time we seen the movie, it wouldve been a tad more enjoyable. Every single one of us thought to ourselves "what the hell happaned to tank?" the first time we seen it. It was already a confusing movie with a lot to absorb, introducing that new character was unnecesary. IMO..

audioheem
I don't think changing one guy for another really confused anything. We said we know Tank died somehow and that's really all we needed to know...

SpikeSpiegel
Links cool, he does things tank would never do, like jumping up "YES!" when Neo grabs Morph and the Keymaker

JediHDM
yeah...more human

gotta get rich
tank was way cooler than link is! the reason he didnt jump around and that was becos he's more proffessional, he's seen it all before and can keep his head.

and how was tank robotic? did you see his reactions when mouse got killed? or when morpheus got captured? or when they got morpheus back??? i quote 'god dam its good to hear your voice again sir!!!'
'morpheus, you were more than a leader to us, you were a father.'

links okay, but like the rest of matrix reloaded, he just cant compare to the original.

spydar1982
OOOOO YEAH HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AS OSCAR FOR THAT PERFORMANCE!!! Truthfully Tank was ok. He didn't have a major role so it didn't really matter. He didn't need to be the best actor. But I can tell you this, when he talks to Neo for the frist time about Zion & the One, that has to be some of the worst acting I have ever seen (on his part)... but then again you seem to jock 50cent "the best rapper since tupac" HA!!! - turn off mtv free your mind and check out Rakim, KRS-One, or Hierglyphics. Real emcees.....

Jakanden
The reason tank is gone is because Marcus Chong was demanding some off the wall shit to come back in the sequals. The brothers didnt agree with his demands and all hell broke loose:

http://www.futurizmo.com/matrix/news/EpVFVFkFVVkaClMSIn.php

audioheem
Ya KRS-One rocks.. but anyway back to the point.. all those examples of reactions you gave of Tank being more human are so predictable.. and the way he says them.. he sounds like he's trying to repress them.

Deuces Wild
How could we not forget perhaps the best line in Matrix I,....."Hey Neo, This is LOCO"..I shat my pants when Tank said that!! ha hah

vvvrulz
Hmm.. so Marcus Chong asked for too much cash, hence no more Tank. What a pity. Link was quite pathetic really, too wussy.

forumcrew
yea marcus chong thought he was the shit and watned to much.. the bros didnt really need him as he was easily replaced by link.. and they even managed to connect the story good... but i bet old marcus is kickin himself in the ass now cause boy oh boy would he of been gettin paid

forumcrew
but as a lot of you i did like tank better.. too bad the actor was an idiot

Osiris
tank wsa injured seriously in M1, thats y he left the operator post

forumcrew
osiris.. it was the problems with the actor.. like we stated.. in reloaded they give a cover story for that

badkittykitty
really clavis?

xcats5
Hi im new to this site, what going on in the matrix, will the matrix be destroyed or will the mechines win? i think that when neo says that it will end to night who come the mechines who are 15 hours away get to Zion sortly after he has a fight with Smith

vvvrulz
Neo and Smith will have a final showdown, the outcome of which will decide the fate of Zion, and probably the Matrix itself.

jiggaman8604
It comes down to just another case of a spoiled brat in hollywood.....if he lived like a normal average joe, 250,000 would be just fine...what a douche/wanker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.