Is the Oracle a traitor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spydar1982
Ok its obvious code can be inserted into food, the Mero showed us that. The Oracle could have made cookies that would make Neo feel better after her first conversation with him. Notice the candy she gave him in Reloaded? Looks a lot like that red pill... The red pill that located Neo in the real world.

I think the candy had something to do with reading Neo's mind. Look at the Architects monitors. Its has Trinity dying before it actually happens. The Archt can also read Neo. Maybe she isn't exactly a traitor but her purpose it to make people believe they have a choice when they really do not and too make sure the one makes it to the source.

I also do not know if Mero is as bad as we like to believe. He tried to show the three that there was no such thing as choice in the matrix. its all causality he wanted to make sure the woman would give him head, so bam there is some cake, the piece of cake that would take away the why and reason forcing her to make a trip to the ladies room. She had no choice in the matter....... AHHHHH... my head hurts...... I am tired i gotta go to sleep... causality...

Tired Hiker
I've been wondering that myself. I was thinking about when Neo is given the spoon in Reloaded and he is stuck deciding if he should go or stay and speak to the Oracle. What if the other Neo predecessors never made that choice and they never spoke to the Oracle a second time?

ITALIAN926
I think she had choice when she opted to stick his %^&^ in her mouth stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
laughing out loud smokin'

Tired Hiker
confused

Evil Dead
The Oracle is not a traitor. She is doing exactly what she is meant to do........to keep "the One" on his path ensuring he reaches the mainframe and has his conversation with the Architect. That is her purpose.........she has done her job exceedingly well as Neo has infact done this.

The Oracle does not read anybody's mind. The Oracle simply knows the path of the one. She must know the path so she is able to keep him to it....which is her purpose, to guide Neo. She knows everything from the beginning of the path to the end of the path (what she says in ETM) but after the path ends......even she does not know. She isn't reading anybody's mind.........she simply states what will happen along the path.

JediHDM
GO DEAD!!!! Man, you're on a roll...

priestjim
That means that choosing the left door was in the path of the One. That means that everything is going as it is supposed to except Smith!

Evil Dead
No.........I believe Smith is also part of the path. It is the last obsticle Neo must overcome to complete his journey. You gain no knowledge without confrontation.........the larger the obsticle, the more knowledge/enlightenment gained from it. Once this last hudel is overcome he will fullfill the prophecy by compromising a truce with the machines and enter the source.

priestjim
Yes but this is what happened to the other Ones as well. We are dealing here with the exception so something else should happen.

Evil Dead
We've already been told that the Machines A.I. improves over time..........so does it's understanding of humans.

Perhaps the previous "ones" design (as the Architect states as having a general affection towards the human race) was not yet sufficient to proceed with the path so they entered the source and Reloaded the Matrix. Neo is different........he doesn't experience affection in a general way.......he has actually fallen in love. This means he has improved from the last anomoly. Upgraded. V6.0 of the "anomolous code" has been vastly improved from V5.0.

priestjim
Maybe now that they found the long-awaited feeling of love they maybe honor the feeling, forgive humans and live in peace (generally speaking).

audioheem
The Oracle is another level of control, just like the prophecy, because she is a part of it, only she doesn't know it.

dave123
so when the oracle sas "you've made a believer out of me" what has neo done that the others havent?

JediHDM
ascended, or almost...

Sifer
Fallen in love...Love is the key as I have said for quite some time smile

EDIT: Jedi: That's what he is going to do smile

JediHDM
Sifer> He has begun to ascend, you can tell in Reloaded, cause everytime he lets go, he becomes so much more powerful than when he tries to be powerful...take a look at When Smith tries to take him over...while Neo is fighting it, Smith keeps taking him over, but as soon as Neo lets himself go, Smith is forced outta his body...Its cool

audioheem
I agree with Sifer, although I don't want to because I think the LOVE theme is too cheesy. But it seems like that's what the reason is... his ability to have such a close relation to mankind through a concentrated means (one person's love); and his ability to have a connection with the machines via a concentrated means (Smith).

Korri
the oracle is a tator not a traitor stick out tongue

JohnHvill
Why is it a different oracle in M3? I don't have the video game but the M2 DVD said that it hints at it and people that haven't played the game won't get the full story.

What's the story?

spydar1982
well kinda. the game is pretty much the same as reloaded except you find this out:

1) how the transmission of the Orsiris came into the hands of the LOGOS (they go the post office and pick it up.

2)how niobe is in the right place at the right time to save morpheus from falling off the truck... (god damn that driving element was horrible...shame atari shame....)

3) Ghost likes (likes!!!) Trinity, he knows he can't have her so commits a to life of Oninism.... oh and he has the coolest bed he can plug into programs. him and trinity go into a fight program and duke it out....

4) Two people sold the termination codes to the Mero... something about her shell code (hence her different appearance - so no matter if gloria foster died or not their was bound to be a "new" oracle)... the two people sold the codes to mero for the love of a child. this child is very important to the matrix in some way......

5)trailer for revolutions at the end of the game (same as the one after the credits roll on reloaded)

forumcrew
well the actress died which i imagine is the only reason they did it.. in the movie the story goes she changed her shell ie. a new actress for a new look

spydar1982
well kinda.... and please excuse my spelling and grammar above i was trying to type fast...

forumcrew
its the internet since when do spelling and grammar matter!

its the quality of the posts that count

Osiris
yes, GLORIA FOSTER (The Oracle) died of diabetes, i remember nearly two days after completing Reloaded scenes and a short 1 for Revolutions

The Unknown
When someone goes into the Matrix, only their mind is projected, so my theory is that since their mind is there, programs such as the Oracle can read their thoughts through coding. And if that is true, then the architect used Neo's memory of Trinity dying at the end of the movie.

spydar1982
correcto mundo!

Evil Dead
If you've ever played Enter the Matrix...............

The Oracle states that she knows everything from the beginning of the path (of the one) to the end........she also states that the path of the one is made by the paths of the many.

The Oracle is not reading code, nor reading thoughts. She was simply programed with the information of the path. It is her purpose to guide Neo along this path. It is what she was created for. In the Matrix, "we're all doing what we're meant to do"...............

The reason the Architect knew of Trinity dying and was able to display it on his screen is because it was part of the path. He created the Matrix........he also knows the path. This is where the whole "choice is an illusion" comes into play. There is no real choice. Everything is predetermined. As the Oracle tells Neo, "You are not here to make a choice. The choice HAS ALREADY been made. You are now here to UNDERSTAND why the choice was made".................Neo is walking the path that has been layed out for him. Why? So he can understand why the path was laid out in the manner it was.

vvvrulz
I dont think the Oracle is a traitor. But hey, stranger things have happened right !

Evil Dead
also.........trailer at the end of Reloaded is not the same exact trailer at the end of Enter the Matrix. The trailer on ETM is missing the oracle's narrative and a few scenes are different.

JosieMuir
Well I don't know about Oracles but... I would find it interesting if K Man thinks his girlfriend is Psychic-Wiccan. Happy Dance

burlyman
i was little confused if he fancied trinity or (and) niobe

maybe there will be an orgy with morph, niobe, ghost, trin, neo, and of course, MACHINES!!

JediHDM
"Sounds kinda kinky..."

burlyman
"..bring plenty of lube"

The Unknown
That still doesn't explain how The Oracle knows everything about other characters such as Ghost.

burlyman
I dont remember your face but i remember your heart

haha laughing out loud the positioning of your post!!

JediHDM
yeah, kinda the wrong time to ask a question like that...

The Omega

burlyman
what makes me think though is in the one of the new tv spots persephone says "if she has to she'll kill everyone of us, shes in love"

'You love her. She loves you. It's all over you both. A long time ago, I knew what that felt like. I want to remember it. I want to sample it. That's all, just a sample'

archie: '..initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche'

hmm.. i still think its mrs doubtfire though

edit: ignore this, i read your post in another thread on what a pysche is sad

The Omega

burlyman
yeh yeh i no shes the mother etc!!! smilesmile

it just made my think.. shes been investiagting love hm.. (no just enjoying it wink )
and id like to add im one of her biggest emotional vampire supporters

The Omega

burlyman
to be honest i do enjoy the taste of tears, but there is something i enjoy so much more

im always saying that!!

The Omega
Burly> Well, okay, so I couldn't remember EXACTLY what she'd said. Still doesn't change my previous post though. smile

burlyman
yeh i wasnt telling you off embarrasment
if anything it enhances it
she says she prefers sampling love

The Unknown
OK, but how does she know what Niobe is thinking when she meets with her in ETM? The Oracle is asked by Niobe if she believes that she's the Oracle, and the Oracle replies that she doesn't now, but she will later.

markb287
The path of the One ends at the main source, that was not wrong, because then that would lead to the destruction of Zion. There were not six matrixes. There were six Ones. To keep being the One, to keep being the anomaly, he had to choose the left door to save Trinity. He would have to destroy Smith, because he is the reason why the Matrix fails (hence the reason why in the previews Neo has to fight Smith). If Neo would have chosen the other door, then there would be a seventh One and the end of the Anomaly Path. I don't think that the prophecy about the One was about Neo's choice; Neo broke away from that by being the True Anomaly and choosing the left door.

burlyman
welcome to the forums mark

The Unknown
Burlyman, how does the Oracle know what Niobe is thinking? If there is a simple explanation, please tell me.

burlyman
confused dont ask me!

The Unknown
Oh, sorry, I got you mixed up with Evil Dead.

Evil Dead, if the Oracle doesn't read minds or coding, then how can the Oracle know what Niobe is thinking?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.