Theory on How Neo Stopped the Sentinals/Smith-Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tshirt
I just thought of this.

First, we know that in the "real world" the people can jack into a computer and download information like Kung Fu and how to fly a helicopter. This can also be done while in the Matrix.

Second, we know that whatever a person learns in the Matrix, he/she takes back to the real world. For instance, when people jack in and go have their talk with the Oracle they remember what she told them. Likewise, if they jacked into the Matrix, and went to school in the Matrix to be a doctor, they would remember the training and such after they unplugged.

Next, scientist say we only use 10% of our brain, and that if we used more, who knows what we could do.

So, my theory is that either the Oracle's candy or being close to the source or something else showed Neo how to open up the other 90% of his brain (or some portion). This gives him some type of telekentic or other powers that he can use against the Sentinals when he is outside of the Matrix.

This could also explain how Smith is able to live outside the Matrix. It is more like Bane's mind is lost. The cells "remember" what happened after Smith took him over. They are now functioning as a Smith.

ITALIAN926
I honestly dont like Neo having powers in the "real world" How would a doctor or scientist explain a human having the ability to do something like that? Regardless as to what happened to him in the Matrix, his meeting with Smith, the Oracle, Architect.. he should still be ordinary.. in an anatomical way.

Of course, this is assuming that it is a "real world", not part of the matrix. Thinking about this movie frustrates me. smile

rysdigital
this is a common misconception. all parts of the human brain are used on a daily basis, just not all at the same time.

this would cause terrible migraine, because it's a big strain. it's not like there are parts of the brain that aren't used, that could unlock superpowers or whatever. smile

JediHDM
we may use all "portions" of our brain, but do we use it ALL...i dont think so...also, there are portions of the brain that seem not to function in normal humans, but do in "telekenetic" humans, so this seems like a plausible theory, although, is it that the Oracle frees Neos mind, or the ONE code...?

rysdigital
we use ALL our brain can do, it's a logical conclusion of evolution theory. why would our brain evolve, if we don't even use the new functions, it's silly. there ARE no telekenetic humans. telekenesis is a myth.

http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

JediHDM
Well, i guess that all depends on whether you believe in evolution or not, huh?

rysdigital
to not believe in evolutions these days, well, it's just naive. to not believe in neurobiology, well, it's just stupid smile

tshirt
I don't think it is a matter of not using our brains. I don't think there are cells or sections of the brain sitting idle saying, "Hey, use us!" I think it is more along the lines of using only a certain percentage of their potential/ability.

For instance, if you could lift 100 lbs, but only lift 20 lbs every day, you are using 100% of the body, but only 20% of its potential.

Either way, there are problems with my theory, but it would explain a few things.

priestjim
It is like memory. If you don't excersise your memory then your memory becomes weak. It is the same with the rest of the brain. Some parts are there because we needed them in the past. But then we evolved. things got easier and these parts are no longer in use.

feanorlp
mad You must be insane or something... it seems to me that more people disagree with evolution than ever before. Evolution is a moronic theory made up by Darwin who on HIS OWN DEATHBED admitted that he had made it up himself without any proof. smile Yeesh... even most scientists these days will admit that evolution is impossible and there must have been someone out there to put everything in place... please don't get me started on that evolution crud!!!

Evil Dead
Perhaps the point of the film is not to portray The Real World and the Matrix as separate worlds altogether.

Perhaps it is seperate parts (of conciousness, or perception) of the same world......everything is connected. Which is why Neo's mind can exist between the Matrix and the Real World..........Perhaps Neo is beginning to understand this which leads him to evolve into a metaphysical being which is not bound by the rules of either world as he realizes there are no rules for one world or another......they are both parts of the same world. To defy the "rules" of the Matrix......one must free their mind of the reality around them. Perhaps the same applies to the Real World. Neo is beginning to free his mind and see the big picture........the world around us is nearly our perception of the reality we live in, alter your perception and you are no longer bound.

This would explain alot of the story:

Why Neo's mind can exist BETWEEN worlds. If his mind is trapped between worlds, obviously these two worlds must both be connected with something in between.

Why Neo is have prophetic dreams in the real world about events that happen in the Matrix.

Why situations in the real world happen to coincide with situations in the Matrix. Example: Three missions in Reloaded for Neo to enter the Mainframe..........three captains.........three ships just "happen" to be there. Coincidence or all part of the grand scheme of things?

Soren's ship being destroyed in the real world........which forces Trinity to enter the Matrix..........which Neo had dreamed about in the very first scene of the movie.

priestjim
Erm, if the Real World is a Matrix then why Neo does not fly to 01? In the trailer we see he takes a hovercraft to go there.

Evil Dead
Who said anything about the real world being a Matrix? The MWAM theory is weak in my opinion.

audioheem
Does Neo eat the candy? I thought he just put it in his pocket.

DJCool976
No, he keeps it with him but doesn't eat it. To be honest, it never really shows. He takes it and it never shows him doing anything with it other than holding it in his hand.

DARKVIRUS
I dont think neo can use all his powers in the real world....I mean why not just fly to the machine capital instead of taking a ship and risking both trinity and his life. I think that when smith came up with the idea of taking someone over and taking their physical body he did'nt think of any of the consequences. If you notice neo woke up right after bane was taken over by smith and brought back into the real world...almost as if neo felt it...."so you're aware of it"...."our connection".

I think smith has given neo the means of sensing the machines without even realizing he did it. The only question left i suppose would be why neo cannot sense smith within bane but, then again he is inside human flesh so detecting him would be rather difficult..."look beyond the flesh and see your enemy".

rysdigital
in what dream world are you living, if you don't mind me asking?

JediHDM
Dead> very interesting, seems to be a middle ground (no pun intentended stick out tongue) between my MWAM theory and Sifer's ascendance theory...interesting, and highly possible.

audioheem
lmfao i didnt even see that! laughing out loud oh God i can't begin to fathom how people don't believe in evolution!

Sifer
Indeed Audioheem - it makes me laugh...ALOT smile

What the **** is an Appendix for if there is no such thing as evolution? Oh, right, let me think, we don't use it anymore because - we have evolved...

JediHDM
why? i don't believe in evolution, i find the idea repulsive, that i am related to mere animals, and that there is no point to my life...its repugnant, disgusting, vile idea

audioheem
Just coz something it repugnant, disgusting and vile, doesn't mean it's not real... i think there is a lot more conclusive evidence leaning towards evolution (coz u can more or less see it if u look at bones of apes and humans) than there is of some 'higher power'. Course I'd like to believe in a God... I think really, everyone would... but where's the proof? Anyway that's my opinion and i respect yours... I find that these God conversations always go the same way and I've had millions and I'm sure you have too so let's not get into it.

JediHDM
actually, you would be amazed to know that ther is justifiable, archeological evidence for both the "stories" in the Bible and for Creation itself...

Sifer
You find it disgusting, yet you eat those animals?

Life is just a ride...

-Late Prophet Bill Hicks

Cowboyography
People dont believe in Evolution????? you must be in that silly Cult they call religion!!!!

JediHDM
no, i find it disgusting to be labeled as one of those animals...I eat them with no problem, but being called an animal, thats the problem

Sifer
Why? They live on the same ****ing planet as us, they grew from the same bile we grew from, they drink the same water as us, they eat the same food as us EXCEPT we have to actually clean the food where they don't because our immune systems can't cope smile

audioheem
I see where you're coming from, but we are animals. We are just more self-conscious and vain than other animals because we are supposedly more developed. I say supposedly because it's just that we have developed to suit what type of lifestyle we are to lead and other animals have done the same.

husky321
You are forgetting Neo is supposedly a messiah. How would a doctor or scientist explain what Jesus supposedly did? He is not a regualr human!

droopy1592
I believe in evolution, just on a much smaller scale. I don't believe we came from primates and they eventually came from fish and fish came from one celled organisms.

We share 90%+ of our genes with most vertebrae. But there are too many missing links, too much of a different between humans and primates.

If anything, Dinos were wiped out BECAUSE of our arrival/creation. There are no coincidences.

JediHDM
But we are DIFFERENT from animals, its like Smith said, "we're not really mammals", we have choice, not innate sense of our surrounding, but we actually have CHOICE, direction over our lives, animals just do what comes naturally, but we can go in any of a million directions with our lives. We are not bound by innate desire, we are created differently than that.

The Omega

JediHDM
Omega> i do not have the evidence WITH me, however, there is a museum in DALLAS Tx that contains the evidence...

rysdigital
http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/4-20-01askeds.html

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/tenper.html

i rest my case.

rysdigital
heh, i thought you would be more intelligent than that.

you do realize what you just said is really silly, right? laughing out loud Happy Dance

JediHDM
how is that silly?

audioheem
rys> better rest your face... laughing out loud

can't remember where I heard that but i found it funny...

Anyway, I know you've provided that evidence but I'm sure there are some experts in neurology who would disagree... I find it hard to believe that this is all we're meant to use our brains for.

ITALIAN926
That is absolutely not true. Theres like a million years seperating dino's and the existance of man. The only cool extinct animal we were around for was the wooly Mammoth. smile

I cant believe Im reading a debate on evolution, I just had a huge argument with my girlfriend yesterday on this topic. She's a former Jehova witness. Take my advise dont ever have a conversation about this with one, theyre very thick headed.

Personally, Im open to the possibility of both situations. If you remove 98% of our intelligence, thered be no difference between us and the apes. We'd act and do the same things as them in the jungles. We have too much in common with other mammals to ignore that we MAY have evolved from them. I mean, do you realize that we have a "TAILBONE"?? think about it. Is it just a coincedence that we share 96% of the same DNA with apes? Same bone structures, organs, the amount of physical traits is too scary to ignore ! Im sure if you did research, youll even find proof & documentation of apes portaying acts of love and hate. Of course, the religious people love to use the word "insticts" but I think its more than instict when apes protect and nurse their children in the same ways we do. When they show emotions and feelings, I find it hard to 100% accept that its only insticts.

JediHDM
well, i guess that we must agree to disagree, for i know my mind won't change, however, have you seen an Ape choose to leave her children because they are too much of a burden? not likely...

DARKVIRUS
Holy off topic batman!

Back to the matrix robin!

audioheem
Jedi that's their animal instinct to stay with them, because we have this more developed brain, we have more choice per say, but I believe that like an ape, there are only so many different reactions we can give to a situation so we're still slaves to instinct. (Think the TV-Neos).

JediHDM
we're not slaves to instinct, we learn, we adapt, and i'm not saying that animals don't adapt, but humans base their decisions on experience as well as intellect and emotion.

ITALIAN926
Something else to think about.

Lets take a look at present day situation. You have millions of species on this planet and many MANY of them are so close in characteristics to each other. Many of them can breed with each other and the offspring share traits of both the mother and father. Personally, I see this simple fact to be proof of evolution. Did you know the vast majority of dogs have been created by man.. by mixing breeds? Did God make the Miniature Pincher??? No. I mean, in one simple generation of animal, bone structure is changed.

Lets look at the difference races of man. For thousands of years, you had man seperated from each other on different continents. You think God created them to look different in these areas on purpose? In my opinion, this is some more simple proof of evolution. Humans adapted and yes, CHANGED according to the enviromnent. Its no coincedence that all people in Asia look the same, its no coincedence that American Indians look the same, its no coincedence that African Americans generally look the same. 10000 years from now, if humanity still exist we would have evolved into one basic race due to generations upon generations inter-breeding.

JediHDM
God created one man and one woman. also, you are talking about breeding between two species to make one similar species, not one species creating another species...

DARKVIRUS
You need to find yourself's a girlfriend mate's.

rysdigital
just so we get the numbers straight, actually more than 99% of DNA is shared between chimpanzees and humans.

rysdigital
Jedi> did God create dinosaurs? you believe the Earth is flat too, like it says in the Bible?

DarkVirus > got one, why are you posting this again? cuz to me it seems that, if you post that, u sure as hell don't have anything better to do.

ITALIAN926
The whole point is that the species is CHANGED... a.k.a "evolution" imagine doing this over thousands of years, let alone millions.

Over a few thousand years, the human race changed its physical appearance due to weather and climate. Is this even debatable?? Imagine what would happen over a million more years.

rysdigital
o well, religion, what can you say that.

I know no one believes in the ancient Greek of Egyptian gods anymore, cuz people found other explanations for the things they attributed to divine intervention, so I suppose in a few 100 years 'god is dead' too smile

DARKVIRUS
O_O I dont have anything better to do.....listen up chumpstain I own a company and when im bored I surf around and post here and there. I came in here looking to talk about the matrix and for some reason it has gone WAAAAAAYYY off course.

I actually find this forum rather interesting but, if im not mistaking this is a killer movies forum....not the discovery channel.

Excuse me if my post offend you and your girl was here last night Happy Dance

tshirt

rysdigital
listen up chumpstain (laughing out loud, how retarded is that), being bored basically means you don't have anything better to do. got it, einstein?

JediHDM
Rys> the bible doesn't say the earth is flat, and yes, God created dinosaurs.
Tshirt> Computers being CREATED FASTER has NOTHING to do with evolution. And there is proof of creation.

DARKVIRUS
I have better things to do than to discuss evolution on a movie forum and sound smart.

That "I dont have anything better to do" was meant to say "and you do?"

rysdigital
http://www.answering-christianity.com/earth_flat.htm, god damn, you call yourself a believer? stick out tongue halleluja

edit: more at http://www.geocities.com/arikayx/flatearth.html

audioheem
You could call it a different kind of evolution coz that phrase is kinda being raped nowadays... but anyway I'd like to take the time to take the piss out of chumpstain boy aka DARKVIRUS... What we're discussing indirectly relates to the Matrix so go run your company (into the ground) and leave us to talk about what we want?

rysdigital
you don't seem to get it - if you can be arsed to write this reply, how can you still claim to have better things to do, since this seems to be the most pointless post ever smile

JediHDM
that in no way asserts that the earth is flat...very often i the bible phrases are used in order that the people of the period would understand them, while still being correct. for someone on the earth, it appears the earth is a circle, thus, it is called a circle.

rysdigital
of course, you realize that defense is pathetic? read the second webpage.

tshirt
Faster Computers --> have pushed slower computers out of the way and prospered while slower computers have died out. Now lets apply it to nature.

Imagine it is a million years ago. Lions roam the african plain seeking a gazelle for dinner. There is a herd of gazelle. The lion attacks. Guess which gazelle loses? THE SLOWEST ONE. He may simply be genetically slower than the others or sick. But, the important thing is that he is dead and can no longer pass on his genetic material. What happens next? The faster gazelle mate with the female and the FASTER genetic makeup (and or the gazelle more resistant to disease) passes his genes on to the next generation. THAT IS EVOLUTION. THAT IS HAPPENING ALL AROUND YOU. In Gazelles, people, computers, and everywhere else.

Continuing with the same example. Imaging that there are two lions looking for dinner. One brown and similar to what we know. The other white like a polar bear. The gazelles, ever watchful for the hungry lions, spot the white lion a mile away, because of his coat and flee well before he can get close enough to pounce. What they cannot see is the brown lion, because he blends in with the landscape. He gets close enough and gets dinner. What happens next? The brown lion gets stronger and bigger because he gets proper nutrition. The white lion struggles. When it comes time to mate and dominate the herd the brown lion wins. His genetics march on. The white lion does not get to mate. His genetic material dies out. THAT IS EVOLUTION IN ACTION.

PROOF OF CREATION -> Please provide me with the proof. Something that is independantly verified and reviewed in a peer review journal.

tshirt
Very well stated.

Sifer
Jedi: Go watch some Bill Hicks. Whoever here has seen Bill Hicks' performances, do you agree that he is probably one of the largest influences for the Matrix?

Life is just a ride...

DARKVIRUS
Ok tough guy keep talking cuz that's all you're good at. Blah, Blah, Blah....my company is rather succesfull thank you. Enough about that though dont come at me b/c your life sucks and you feel you have to prove something by talking tough on some forum mad . Look let it all out big guy...talk that big tough talk. It's all written and it means absolutely nothing to me. Say it to my face and I would have to slap your glasses off and take the star trek emblem you waer on your spacesuit and stick it.....hehehe.

Now let's see if my simple words get to you and you can be that big bad ass that you are on some forum. smokin'

rysdigital
you got a company in toilet paper, by any chance?

DARKVIRUS
Collection agency actually smile

audioheem
I don't like Star Wars let alone have an emblem or a spacesuit... you seem to be forgetting the premise of a forum; I can argue with you without having to look at your face. smile

DARKVIRUS
Star trek...star trek space cadet. Just try ignoring me...you'll go farther.

Sifer
Collection Agency and you're a Matrix fan? Hrmm, that doesn't make much sense m8 - no offense intended smile

audioheem
Sorry I don't like Star Trek either; but my post just proved how much attention I pay to you anyway smile

DARKVIRUS
O_o have you sat in a movie theatre and looked around?. I actually respect you sif in the little time i have been here your post are actually very interesting and to the point but, what I meant before is that when you look around it's not just a young crowd (the movie is rated R). I myself am a young guy, I was in a major car accident and got a pretty big settlement, I had a chance to buy into the small company I was working for and took my money and invested it wisely. I have a partner who knows more about collections than I do but, I had the money to save the company when things were slow after the 9-11 attack on the world trade center. Dont judge a book by it's cover I order around ppl twice my age and I love every minute of it.

Enough about me though let's talk about audioheem the lame...seems like you've stepped the toughness meter down a few notches trekie.

Sifer
As I said, no offense intended. Let's not talk about anyone and what they do in their real life and takin' the piss out of 'em eh? Sound Good? Good smile

EDIT: That's to all parties big grin

audioheem
Trekie????? ANYWAY I don't think I'm tough at all... if you care to look around this forum, you'll see that I try to calm down people who engage in pointless arguements. You can't call me A LAME by the way... lame is an adjective. You can't call someone A SMELLY.

kschic
How come it is sooooo easy for everyone from Zion in the ships to make out the code of the matrix? These are people who supposedly were A)born in zion which makes it plausible for them to have enough time to learn the complex, high speed output of code coming from the matrix or B)came out of the matrix to "the real world" and are just so intelligent after a dream induced life as a Subway sandwich artist or an insurance salesman (or woman) they could learn the code as easily as running a cash register. Kind of odd since the matrix enslaves all of humanity, millions of people, everything from the dirt to the fart from someone's rear end with a specific code yet it's so easy to decode?? Unless of course...zion is, in fact, a part(branch) of the matrix?? Something to think about........

rysdigital
they're trained to read the code, from the day they can read (normal text). since they were kids, they've learned it smile it becomes as easy as sitting up and walking, like a second nature. as for the freed minds knowing how to read it, when there's nothing much left in your world, there's a lot of free time one has smile

morgan01
Evolution is not about being related to apes and mere animals. In fact apes and humans evolved from the same animal so we are not evolved from apes but thats not the point. Imagine you have a triangle on top of the triangle is our so called missing link... now over a few thousand yrs our genes will go through mutations some will cause a change physically or even mentally that will make us more efficient than the original species now this species is better fit for the environment and ends up surviving longer than the other species... hence evolution. Several experiments have been done to prove this theory its not 100% but modern day insects are evolving to fight off insecticides. At first the spray was 99% effective... because 1 out of every 1000 insects will have a mutation that allows them to block the gas... over a long period of time the only insects that have been able to survive are the ones that have the mutation... hence the extinction of the older insects and now we have a change or evolution.

This does not have much to do with the matrix but i saw some people who are repulsed by the idea of evolution. I say keep your mind open...

3 more weeks cannot come soon enough!

Agent
What's more....we need animals, they don't need us. They were just doing fine until we humans came along and messed up their environment. Like Smith said in the Matrix, "Humans are the cancer of the planet"

So, please...don't slag off animals....

Agent

JediHDM
im just gonna stop here...agree to disagree, as it were...

audioheem
Isn't that what I suggested 2 pages back? stick out tongue

ITALIAN926
The funny thing about VERY RELIGIOUS people is you hand them scientific proof, tests, studies and theories, and they hand you a bible. I went to the Museum of Natural history with my girlfriend. This museum is basically devoted to the theory of evolution. They had one of the few skeletons of "the missing links" (half ape/half man) there and was carbon dated to be something like 10,000 years old. My gf got so upset at this she called it a fake and a conspiracy. She couldnt even look at it once she knew what it was !! Tried to explain that this is REAL evidence, and what happens?? I get the bible thrown at me as usual. I have an open mind to all sides, you just cant ignore scientific proof though.

JediHDM
thats not to say ther isn't any proof, of course, but nobody listens when i say theres proof, so im just gonna go sit in the corner...

rysdigital
lol @ ROM big grin

audioheem
I listen... big grin

JediHDM
well, you and Omega, but everyone seems to skip over it...

audioheem
There's absolutely no point in joining a public forum if you're not gonna listen to what people say. This goes out to all you non-listeners! stick out tongue

ITALIAN926
Well, Jedi, youre supposed to push your evidence of creation on us.. you know we'll read it wink

rysdigital
did anyone else hear anything? hm, probably hallucinating.

audioheem
laughing out loud

The Omega

Sifer
Well said Omega...

AliasNeo15
i get wut ur saying, but Neo didnt eat the candy yet. So how did that candy do anything at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.