Which Superhero film will be the best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Which of these films which are either in production or rumoured to be happening are you most exctied about?

Texas
I would say Spiderman, but after seeing the very cheap and cheesy preview, I'm disenfranchised! So I voted for Superman!

sand person no. 10
none of them, they have either all be done before or aren't worth doing, why do a superman film when there is already at least 5 of them, same with batman (although a prequel could be of some worth), Spiderman might be interesting if they get a decent story and effects, the incredible hulk never really caught my imagination, Catwoman - who cares, x-men needs a much better story than the first film, who is the iron fist, the turtles are so early 90's and should be left there as a classic cartoon and quite bad film collection.

I wouldn't mind seeing the new blade film, (if there's going to be one) quite why film producers and directors can't take a character who the avergae film going audience haven't heard off and transform that into a film i'll never know, obviously publicly Batman attracts more attention than someone such as blade, but only because of the name, Blade is much deeper, thought provoking and interesting than batman which i felt went off track from around the second one - partly because of the casting, although at the time the first one was brilliant and even today has a place in my favourite films shortlist.

why were superhero's only invented during the mid 20th century, what has my generation (i.e early twenties) done to deserve this complete lack of imagination. The biggest superhero i've got is Mr Burns or Homer from the Simpsons, hardly stereotypical heros, and i can't see there being a film about them, well i hope not.

Texas
Just out of curiosity what are your 3 favorite movies? SW movies not included.

King Jedi
I went for the Incredible Hulk because it's never really been turned into a big movie.

sand person no. 10
the sting
raiders of the lost ark
the italien job

(in no specific order. my favourite film is ESB)

FLIPMODE
Well It's a dumb poll, because,..well it's just dumb.

But the Ninja Turlte thing caught my eye. However the john Woo part, is stupid. He's the worst acclaimed Action director around. And should be told that. Im sorry but the guy KILLED MI:2. And all the movies so far that he's done for Hollywood, are so Slowmotion and boring. He brings the excitement level down,

Is he a special Action director??? Yes, if you look at his earlier work, that made his career. But since then, (IF YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING HIM) the guy has no imagination. And ONLY ONE style. He's taken the same formula, Same dramatic styling, and placed it into every movie he get's his creepy little hands on. He makes me mad.

But I can See a New TMNT movie, with the turtles being done half real, and half CGI.

Although I must admit, Part one and part 3 had VERY good martial arts. And I applaud the guys in those suits.

If you wanna know what I think about about Batman, go see my Post in the the thread Batamn V.

Blade 2 is currently Being Shot.

I loved the Spiderman trailer. I'll just wait and see.

X-men need a Overhaul in the Special effects department. Also needs a Taller Cyclops.

Pfft, Catwoman is never going to happen.

In the long run, no one will ever beat Batman, or Superman. Now I dont see new movies of them coming out soon, but even the old ones. Batman 1, Superman 1. Comic book Movies coming out today, have to beat these 2 movies at that scale. Comparitively.

King Jedi
For someone who thought it was a dumb poll you do have a lot of opinions on the films involved. stick out tongue

Texas
lol, good one KJ rolling on floor laughing

mah
has anyone here seen the killer-tomatoes-films. now thats what I call crap.

King Jedi
I've seen the cartoon.

Wow this poll is popluar!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

FLIPMODE
LOL, yeah it's dumb. I still did'nt vote. I just wrote as fast as I thought it. But the point about it bring dumb, mainly reflected, that I dont see most of the movies listed ever being made.

But Yeah I could talk up a storm about John woo and Ninja turtles.

So, dumb poll,...good Topic./thread. wink

Texas
You know if they really wanted to they could make Superman an Oscar contending film. They could get Alan Ball to direct and some great screen play writer. They could make it dark and depressing, Lois Lane could be battling a substance abuse problem, and Superman could be having moral dilemmas about turning to evil, and Jimmy could be clinically depressed and contemplating suicide, it wouldn't have to be a cheesy action film!.........sorry guys, I'm delusional

King Jedi
Texas start writing the script!!!

The problem I always had with Superman is the lack of a real bad guy. Lex Luther v Superman? It doesn't really work.

FLIPMODE
Supermans best villain, is natural disasters.

Texas
Natural disasters laughing out loud .....You know what, killing Superman would be sooooooo easy! All you have to do is shoot him with some Kryptonite coated bullets, there, done, one dead superman!

LANGEB_ESSEJ
The one I am waiting for is not on there. I heard there is going to be a daredevil movie coming out. That will be sweet. Hey Tex. I see you are from Dallas. I am from Fort Worth!

Zereil
ooh a few things..

here are contentions about the nw catwoman film as they are saying that the woman who is catwoman is not selina Kyle but another woman yet are insinuating that it is the closest to the Tim Burton films. The insinuation that as suggested at the end of Batman returns Selina did die and someone else took the name, other suggestions is that to gt the wold to believe that Selina is dead she chooses a new name.

Other films not on list: as already said Blade 2 and Daredevil, but also Ghost Rider, Fathom (animated potponed due to Turners cancer), The Darkness, Hellboy, Preacher, Batman Beyond (live not anime), Batman the Dark Knight Returns (cartoon) Spawn 2 (an 18 with a lot more horror) A new Fantastic Four movie,
these are the ones in production

however apparently lisceneces have been purchased for loads of others including Thor and the Green Lantern.

Personal choice so far is Batman V on the list given that its based upon the Frank Miller script, just so long as it goes dark and moody again and does not have Frank Miller on the script this should be cool.

X-Men I'd like anyway I'm biased

Superman depends how they do it given that apparently they plan on seperating it into 2 bits basically the death and funeral of superman followed by the Reign of the supermen which would obviously have the return of superman. The problem is on liscencing on the grounds that the Funeral had every hero in the DC universe, and Steel who would be in the Return has already had a crap movie, so are they going to dismiss that and claim that it didnt happen?

off list dont know its all good its like a kid in a candy store...

LANGEB_ESSEJ
I heard that Nick Cage is not going to do Ghost Rider sad

Zereil
yeah well thank god he's not sill up for superman. the oddity is that Tom Cruise is looking to do Iron Man but Tony Stark ha always generally had a moustache or goatee beard only now giving up being Tony Stark has he removed it and I think Tom would look stupid with either, but would remove an essential part to remove it given its part of what Tony is..

LANGEB_ESSEJ
Who would make a good superman? confused

Zereil
this is a good question they have to have dark hair and be quite tall and muscular and apparently handsome but at the same time be able to carry off the look nothing like superman nerdy guy look its tricky. That reminds me with the commentb somewhere about cyclops needing to be taller, this is ridiculous, if anything Wolverine who in the comics is 5'3'' needed to be shorter...

LANGEB_ESSEJ
What about Ben Afleck?

Zereil
if they stuck with the Kevin Smith script then yes. Umm possibly but he'd have to work on building up and then still be able to carry off the nerdy look and then for the second film have long hair..

LANGEB_ESSEJ
I can't think of anyone else mad

Texas
What about Greg from Dharma and Greg, he looks like Superman.

King Jedi
A newpaper here said David Duchovny. Bad idea.

What about David Boreanez? I think he'd be a good superman and clark kent.

LanceWindu
I really hope that they are coming out with a X-Men sequal. They should go to the yellow spandex though.

King Jedi
I thought that as well. They were trying to be too cool by giving them all leather suits.

finti
Danny de Vito should be Superman. rolling on floor laughing

King Jedi
laughing out loud What about Steve Buscemi?

LanceWindu
Steve Buscemi kicks butt, but I don't believe he would be a good Superman.

Texas
Has anyone seen Steve Buscemi in Ghost World? Wow, that movie is a sure Oscar contender. It's the best movie so far this year, it's only playing at art house theaters in the US and Japan, don't know when it opens in Europe, but if your in a major city in the US, you have to see this movie!!! It's Steve Buscemi in his best roll yet!! It's hysterically funny, but emotionaly poignant.

LanceWindu
I have to go to the theaters and check that out.

King Jedi
Who else is in it?

Texas
Thora Birch from American Beauty is in it and some other people, I dont know their names. I didn't want to see it because it's about these 2 girls who graduate from high school and how they dont want to go to college or get jobs, but my girl friend dragged me to see it, and when I did, I was expecting a dumb teen flick, but it's a Masterpiece. I was laughing like crazy!

Ratcat
I saw this previewed on The Movie Show last week, it looked quite interesting.

velocity
i'm warming to the idea of Nic Cage playing Superman.

Viseus
Hm, superhero movies. Well, superheroes are by definition silly and unrealistic, but it it can still be quite entertaining. Like Star Trek.

Now, X-Men was the one I looked forward to the most, and I was generally quite hapy with it. And I'm looking forward to the next one. But, I do think they should have sticked much closer to the original comics.

Superman could be very interesting, purely because of the special effects and the visual spectacle it promises. Same thing with Hulk. Did you see that photo of the robotic hulk skeleton they made for the movie? It looked like a HUGE terminator skeleton, WAY cool.

The batman movie is a bit different. It hopefylly won't be Batman V or anything, the existing line of movies has been increasingly shitty, and they have ALL had terrible choices for the role of Bruce Wayne. What I want is Batman: Year One. Have you guys read that comic? Story and art by Frank Miller. It's AWESOME. The closer the movie sticks to that story, the better it will be. That means, dark, low-key, and above all: not flashy. No shiny, colorful gadgets and costumes, no lasers and futuristic fantasy technology. This is what I hope for.

Daredevil has been mentioned. This is a very similar deal. The best daredevil comics have also been created by Frank Miller, and they are equally low on flashy high-tech spectacle. If daredevil is done right, it can be the best superhero movie ever. Lots of dark, moody film-noir. Ninjas and dim-witted crocks with crow bars. Kingpin. And maybe Elektra. But it must be done right. This shouldn't be made as a huge block-buster, but rather a smaller, medium-budget movie, for a more narrow audience.

Hm. But I'm dreaming. I don't really expect it to be like this. Oh well.

Zereil
I'll agree to a degree, but have you noted from Robocop 2 that Frank Miller is good with comics scripts and art but not with film scripts, lets hope he doesnt jump aboard too much. As to Daredevil, I actually preferred the KEvin Smith model.

Hulk always has potential as could be seen from the extrapolation of the character by Peter Davis. HOwever they are liable to stick to the mold of Savage hulk lumbers about and ends up with question danger or hero.

Aquaman was looking to get a movie but since he died interest has flagged and DC say that as he is already appearing in the new JLA cartoon there is no need for a return.

Superman is always a spectacle but I'd like to discuss the fact that with the BAtman movies despite being a sham past Batman Returns, it is semi irelevent who BRuce Wayne is its the Bat who is the main point as even as Wayne he is the Bat. Now this is an inverse relation with Superman. The problem here is that the character has to pull off looking different enough between Clark And supes as Reeve does and suits the part.

I'm also interested to see who they put in the tights as TErry in Batman Beyond...

Viseus
I wasn't going to mention that, but it is of course true that Frank Miller ****ed up royally with those robocop attempts. In my book, there is only one Robocop movie. However... I don't think his problem was the move medium, but rather the robocop theme. And I do think he would do much better with a familiar setting like batman or daredevil. That's his style. Anyway, in the end, it's the director who has the final responsibility. And it's not Miller I blame for robocop 2 & 3 (is there a 4?), but the director (whoever he was). So if a good enough director is chosen, Miller's involvment will only be for the good, I think.

Now, about the irrelevance of Bruce Wayne's appearance, I strongly disagree. In all the batman comics I have read, Wayne has had more or less the same appearance. He's quite tall, with black hair and rather narrow face. None of the actors playing him so far have looked anything like him, and it's been bothering me a bit when watching the movies. A good batman movie will portray the dark personality of the man behind the mask as well as merely showing a costumed guy jumping around fighting villains. For this, a good actor is needed. George Clooney will NOT do.

green33
how r the turtles superheros

Since Spiderman and Superman are the best superheros every created, the sequel to Spiderman and the new revamped Superman series will be ****ing awesome! I never really liked Batman, and i never saw either of hte previous films in theatres, i waited for most to come on tv. And X3 i'm sort of looking forward to.

ragesRemorse
what is it about sequals in most all movies that suck, i mean the original batman superman, batman, spiderman were great pretty much direct comic adaptaions , ive only seen three movies that accomplish a good sequal, aliens no more from the series though the next two destroyed the franchise, terminator 2 not 3 but 2, and the indiana jones series, i mean even now x-men although i think im the only one who diddnt like it i thought it was a down hill slope of crap compared to the first i dont know i have high hopes for spiderman 2 though as long as the director co-ops with the marvel writers again

SaTsuJiN
lol.. im not bothering with another superhero garbage movie. It seems like the latest thing to cash in on these days. I'd rather have vid game movies than see the same crap over and over (revenge revenge revenge oh wait... this one has a little bit of love on the side REvenge).

punisher looks like crap, superman looks like crap, spiderman might be worth it and so might the next Xmen.. beyond that I'm not holding my breath.

I know hulk and daredevil blew chunks hard

Guy_in_the_back
none of them. When will the new Punisher ever come out? the potential...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.