Something else I noticed on the DVD...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spydar1982
Thank god the Reloaded DVD is out, now I can waste countless hours watching this movie. Here is something I noticed. At the beginning we see that Trinity gets shot, and then falls on the car. Later we find out that Neo can not see past the choices he doesn't understand. Neo doesn't know he has to go to the source just yet, therefore he doesn't know he has to choose a door. save zion or save trinity. but look and see he never says that trinity dies. the oracle asks but neo says "i don't know." therefore with out knowing he has to make a choice, without reason, or why he knows he has to save trinity no matter what. he can't see himself flying in to save her because he isn't aware of his "choice." he along with the audience thinks she slams into that car, when really it is an agent falling after trinity is rescued.

JediHDM
i think it IS trin hitting the car, when Neo doesn't understand...Neo chooses to save her, CHANGING the outcome by his choice...if it were the agent falling into the car, we would then see all the car, glass, etc. that was trailing behind Neo...so i think it WAS trin hitting the car...

Evil Dead
I'm with you on the "didn't understand the choice so couldn't see beyond it" part................

I however differ with you as I believe Neo didn't make a choice. His choice was already made before he entered the mainframe......all of his choices are already made (the path of the one....the path makes Neo, Neo doesn't make the path)....he must now understand why the choices were made (why the path must be traveled as he has had to travel it)............he couldn't see himself saving Trinity because he didn't know why the choice was made to enter the matrix and save her instead of entering the source. He didn't know because he did not yet even know he was going to enter the mainframe, meet the architect or be confronted with the information about Zion being destroyed. It wasn't untill he reached this point that he could understand why the choice was made as it was.

DJCool976
All that happens in Neo's dream is that he sees Trinity falling and then something hitting the car. It never really shows Trin hit the car. Neo had already made up his mind that Trin didn't die and that is why he was able to save her. That is why the Oracle told him that he had already made his choice. Maybe I am wrong, that is just the way I pictured it.

The Omega

JKozzy
Trin definetly didn't slam into the car, otherwise we'd have seen two people slam into the car.... they weren't far behind each other, and when Neo catches her, the Agent is right there behind her, then WOOSH!

dave123
i think its the agent, but i doubt u can make it out anyway

anyone wanna compare the dream and what really happens?

audioheem
I'll do it later

husky321
why did trin jump out of the window anyway? She had to believe that neo was still at the source and that he probably could not rescue her

burlyman
sacrifice love ?

dave123
to escape the agent, either that or get shot :P

ITALIAN926
This was one of the first things I asked myself. It was suicide, why would she do it. This wasnt the jump program, and her mind isnt strong enough to simply land on the ground. She's falling through the air firing her gun, but why? She'll be splat within 10 seconds.

Dryden
if they can jump long distance and defy gravity, she could probably land on the ground without a problem. that was never attempted but most likely possible.

priestjim
Apparently there was no other way to escape. However, this is a good question!

burlyman
hey, when trin got her guns out why did the agent hide? HE CAN DODGE BULLETS

audioheem
burly > programmed to dodge bullets by any means.. you could say the instinct (on assessing the area around him) was the wall would be better cover than dodging.

I'm gonna say that the person hitting the car at the beginning is the Agent coz I paused both bits and using the handy zoom on my dvd player... the he hits the car at the end looks an awful lot like the beginning. Also, the weird thing is the car pulls up at the right moment and stops but (I think) at the beginning the brake lights go on but at the end they don't... different shots? Anyway, if u saw all that crazy shit coming up behind you I'm sure you wouldn't break to find out what it was.

audioheem
Another interesting thing is the hotel (i assume it's a hotel) that Neo flies past with Trinity in his arms is called the RENAISSANCE.

spydar1982
trinity could have survived the jump. neo did when he was just a newb on the neb. plus trinity jump off a skyscraper crash landed her bike, fliped and extended one leg, im sure she could have made it somehow, even if she was hurt...

OOO and my point about the car. Neo sees someone hit the car, I think he thinks its trinity crashing into it just as we do even though it was the agent, neo couldnt see that he made the choice to save her instead of zion, when his mission is to save the human race not just one human being.

husky321
She could not have survived.This was not the jump program. She jumped a few stories and crashed her bike. This was a much larger jump than that one. Neo survived a jump in the jump program.

You do not know that Neo did not see trinity hit the car. It is 50/50 as to whether it was her or not.

forumcrew
the jump off the bike was high enough to kill a person in a real world and she landed it wihtout even falling over... i think she could of servived the fall.. however the agent would finish it if she did

ITALIAN926
If you remember in the jump program, when Neo failed, the ground was programmed to be rubbery. Trinity wouldnt have landed on her own 2 feet... definitely wouldve died.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.