The A-Team [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
Whether it happens or not the rumors are quite interesting for an A-Team movie. Geoge Clooney is the favourite to play Hannibal and Jim Carey as Murdoch. What about Face and B.A?

Texas
I pitty da fool who plays Mr. T! big grin

sand person no. 10
perhaps wesley snipes, he's got the same sort of madman look that Mr T had and i'm sure gold would suit him, but what could this film possibily be about, them saving some farmers daughter from the evil sheriif of the town, films like this should never be made, they only destroy the good name of good t.v. shows, i.e the night rider films.

Texas
I have to agree, some movies should never be made roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
The A team where no one gets hit by bullets. big grin

King Jedi
And all the car crashes are the same. big grin

The story was supposed to go back to the very beginning when they were still in the army. There was talk of getting a WWF wrestler like The Rock or Stone Cold to play B.A.

FLIPMODE
Well talk is cheap and insulting.

Infact, I Know a guy perfect for the part of B.A. Baraka, for the new millineum. Michael Duncan Clarke. He's Larger then Life, and can act. Can you say Golden Globe?

George clooney Should end his film career. Bruce Willis, Or an Older guy should be Hannibal. I mean the guy was OLD on the show. A real VET. George Papard I believe was his name.

Any fool can be Murdock, does'nt have to be 20 mill, carrey. Besides, Clooney, carrey,thats allready about 35 million, alone. Then ofcourse Carrey gets top billing, So the movie will be about murdock's A-Team?? Yeah right.

Snipes too small and too costly to play T. Good attitude for it though. But too small.

King Jedi
Where is MRT now anyway?

Pianoman
I never got to see the A-Team because I was too young, but I would have probably liked it since I am a WWF fan, and Mr.T was in the WWF. WWF bought their rival,WCW, this year and got a WCW wrestler named Booker T through the purchase. Lately, on WWF they have been calling him the son of Mr.T which he doesn't like, but he looks,sounds, and acts just like Mr.T. I think Booker would be perfect for the part of Mr.T. By the way my friend works out with Booker T since Booker lives near us.

R.C
Funny you should say that, I read an article in last months Star Burst I think it was. Apparently the hair and the gold are gone now and he's looking to relaunch he acting career.

As to the part of Murdock, I think it should be Dwight Shultz, after all it was his. But if you're going for the box office name then it has to be Carrey.

King Jedi
I forget how big Mr T was. He had his own cartoon series and everything.

I know about that Booker T guy and he would suit the part.

Ratcat
Who's he?

King Jedi
A WWF wrestler. I'll try and post a pic.

He wouldn't need to change his name.

Pianoman
I just found out he lives in my same neighborhood.

Texas
Mr T. is all over the television in the US. Now he's promoting 1-800-COLLECT, where he says that he 'pittys da fool who doesn't use 1-800-COLLECT' It's pretty funny. He also promotes some shake and stir pasta or something like that.

Texas
Mr. T lives in your neighborhood?

Zereil
Its strange in its own way that this has all come from the comic firm Top Cow purchasing the liscence just to shift balance and sell it on with the proviso that they are a part of evelopment and merchandising. Still they are always quite good at this an they have JMS working for them...

Kes
I've read some rumors that A-Team is in preparation.
This site (www.killermovies.com) has a little news about it:
"Dirk Benedict (Face) was interviewed today. He said he didn't know exactly where the A-Team film sits in development, but that Brendan Fraser was rumoured to play Face. Dirk went on to explain the he wanted Owen Wilson to play his old role, but apparently Owen is up for the role of Murdock, so that's out."

So what do you guys and girls think?
And who should play the characters?

DemonicGambit
Uh...wow.... huh blink huh That's pretty much all I can say at the moment. Although I do have one question, who would play Mr. T?

Kes
Indeed! Who?!messed
Maybe Micheal Duncan Clarke (i'm not sure that's is name.) The big guy from The Green Mile.

ChinaNiki
who's up for George Peppard's character

the only one I can see saying "I love it when a plan comes together" is Harrison Ford

and would be the A-Team before or after the girl left

Kes
Unfortunatly thats all I know. Hey Harrison Ford would be cool smile

Darth Menace
hey I have just become a fan of the A-team, and I read that there is suppose to be a movie coming out? is this true, or just a rumor? when is the rumored release date?

Myth
I've heard that it may come out this year but maybe next since it hasn't been announced yet. You've just now started watching the A-Team? Its classic. I'm wondering how they will do it. Is somebody going to play Mr T? Who could do that besides Mr T himself? Or are they going to have an A-Team with new characters? Is it going to be made into more of a comedy like Starsky & Hutch to pull it off? What? Argh! Too many questions to be answered.

Darth Menace
i read somewhere that Mr. T is a little ticked, because Will Smith wants to play BA in the movie. haha,

anybody know the rumored release dates? or if production has started?

Darth Menace
also, can someone answer me some A team questions.

when the series started..what was the first show like? did it show them being capured by the military, etc?

why does Murdock spend all the tme in a nut house? I know he is a little odd, but he can still function properly.

how did the series end? did they get killed or caught by the military?

SlickRick69
-I think the first show, and the first season, had a more extended version of the opening credits, that explained and showed more detail about how the A-Team were wanted for a crime in Vietnam that they didn't commit. It didn't show them captured and escape from the military stockade, but the opening credit narration explains it all. Hannibal was working as an actor (the Swamp Creature) in movies, Murdock was captured and contained in the looney bin, and BA and Face were in hiding, somewhere in LA, near Hannibal.

-Murdock pretends to be insane (but if you ask BA he really is a crazy fool!) to avoid going to prison for the crimes the government says he and the rest of the A-Team were part of. Murdock can escape the nut house almost at will, thru a variety of disguises and tricks, trap doors and what not he has found or created for his own use. He always goes back or gets returned there to keep the government off the trail of the rest of the team.

-in the last season, the A-Team was finally caught and set before a firing squad, and was 'killed'.. their execution was faked by a secret government agency (led by Robert Vaughn), who promised them that if they completed a certain number of top priority mission, they would be cleared of all charges and let free for their services.. and the A-Team was put to work by the government who had been tracking them for all those years, taking on impossible missions, rescuing troubled dignitaries in foeign countries, or going to start wars and trouble for terrrorists and what not... but the whole time, the A-Team knew that the general in charge would never really set them free, so they spent their free time tracking down leads about the 'real' mastermind behind the crime they had been accused of, the murder of their Commanding Officer in Nam...

I think it turned out that the General himself was responsible for the crime, but I dont know that the A-Team ever put it all together and were spared... I think the series just ended without any answers...

it was a good show while it lasted, even with all the campy chases and explosions, and all those bullets that never hit anyone... the worst season was the last one, but that was still season 5 or 6 I think... so it had a good run.

I wonder how a movie would do these days? Brendan Frasier as Face could work, Owen Wilson as Murdock, and maybe Omar Epps as BA.. and yeah, Harrison Ford as Hannibal... and Catherine Zeta Jones as Amy Allen... is Robert Vaughn still alive? he could be the evil general, and they could do the movie that answers the questions and frees the A-Team once and for all... or something...

Myth
Owen Wilson as Murdock would be ideal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.