Books Vs. Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

airangel429
Hello.......this thread is about all the differences between the books and the movies. I know there are a TON in book 2 and movie 2.

But the thing that drives me up the wall is that in the movies...it always seems like Hermoine's character is a bit more flirty in the movie towards Harry. Like she over exaggerates her lines..... and they leave out the Harry/Ginny stuff in the movies...........and in the books its the opposite. Hermoine and Ron fuss alot but she doesn't really FLIRT with Harry. JKR steers us towards the Harry/Cho stuff that went on in the end of book 3, and then in book 4 and 5 as well. BUT then all along there has been Ginny...which you have to read between the lines to see it. Most of the time its not really out there as the attention getter..BUT IT IS THERE AND THERE'S LOADS OF IT JKR uses Forshadowing with those too. Its nothing like how she writes about Harry and Cho.

It just aggravates me how Hermoine acts towards Harry in the movies...b/c I do believe the directors want to focus more on those two as a couple.....and I don't know why...I don't think they ever really thoroughly read any of the books!!

Ah and I hate how Ginny was left out in the 1st movie (the running after the train part...plus she was supposed to recognize Harry then too...but didn't.)

THERE'S LOADS MORE....

POST YOUR COMMENTS!!! big grin rolling on floor laughing

slayer
*runs nude through this thread*

Tired Hiker
*yeah, me too*

badkittykitty
*slaps nude asses*

slayer
*rubs nude ass in bkk's* face!

badkittykitty
AHHH!! get to streakin!

airangel429
GET OUTTA MY TOPIC THREAD UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY!!

**Picks up BadKittyKitty, Slayer and Hiker and boots them outta the door.**

Malfoy's chick
The first thing i saw of Harry Potter was the movie, I liked that a lot, so i read the books. I realised that the books were way different. I like the movies because i can watch it without reading through every word.

But i admit they ruined it by missing a lot of things and that. Maybe them things like Hermione flirting with Harry is a clue *wink wink*

Do you know they are going to make movie 4 a 2 and a half movie. Thats just reking it

airangel429
WOW....LONG MOVIE...yeah the 1st Harry Potter I had anything to do with was the movies..then I read the books..I actually just read ALL of them.......I started reading them this year..back in May. Books and movies are ALWAYS different. I think I like the books better....b/c you can't put the book down til you stop b/c they are soooo GOOD! Its like a reading rush! big grin

Malfoy's chick
I started reading them the start of last year and the only reason I read them was because We were travelling a long way. But now I read them, I realised I loved them and became obsessed with Harry Potter

airangel429
ME TOO!! big grin

its_magic
well for about 1 year i was a dead set harry potter hater and i only thought that cuase i heard alot about lotr be4 hp and arguments with mum wich was the better movie ande when i got round to watching it i was in my element and i was a new man and i have read all the books meaning 1.2.3.4 in a record three weeks which is good cause i dont read a book unless it grabs me and it did more then grab me so it took a week to finish book 5 and the only reason i finished it so quick was that i left skool and started workin so i had alot more time no tests or projects to complete but yeah im a big fan of da books more then the movies

crazy_c
I dont think the movies do the books much justice

Lily Evans
I know that JK is watching all the films get made and puts in her two cents. I think are make Harry and Hermine flirt for future books or something.... confused

Malfoy's chick
maybe the flirting is a clue! Because as u said JK was helping with the movie

Lily Evans
I think that is what it is. Because maybe she didn't put it into her books very much(if any)because the movies are a clue???

airangel429
maybe..but i doubt it

crazy_c
I dont think harry and hermy will git 2getha

belldandy
like most of the people here i started to read the books with no reason after a friend drag me to the movie premier... it was greate, i always liked fantasy stuff and harry potter was GREATE!! (dan of course love )

but the book is ALWAYS better than the movie... and i dont really think harry and hermione will get together... i hope not

belldandy
i hate the fact that the directors take out a lot of stuff of the book...
like i heard that in PoA theres is not gonna be a cho chang!!
thats one of the parts u FEEL wile u r reading the book!!

Lily Evans
There is going to be a chang bummer i know. I started reading these book in 2001 after the first 4 were already out. I thought they were going to be dumb and babyish but I ended up missing school one day and when I came back there was only one book left to do for a Book Report!!! Harry Potter #1 so I got so in to that went to every library until I found the rest and read them. Then I waited 2and a half year for the fifth book then well you know the rest... sad

airangel429
yeah..i am hoping that the 6th book is out....maybe by next summer....

crazy_c
Ive bin readin hp books for 5 years since i wuz 9

airangel429
THEY'VE BEEN OUT THAT LONG......JEEZ...DIDN'T KNOW THAT..

**SORRY FOR CAPS**

Lily Evans
Yeah...Ever snice I was 10 I tried to ingore them when the first one came out i just read something else.

Phoenix
bumping

airangel
bumping

its_magic
holy crap they've been out that long well thats news to my ears i also hope the books come out next year, early as next summer would be good.

frodo_dude
yeah i rememba when i was ten my mom bought me book I n' book II
and the begging of the book I is sooo boring, after the page 35-40 it starts 2 b fun...

shanie623
Well, I'm pretty sure the directors, producers, and the screen writer know that Hermoine and Ron are more likely to be a couple in the future books than Hermoine and Harry. JK Rowling talks to them about this kind of stuff. So the Hermoine flirting you see in the movie is just Emma and Dan...

Anyway, about the books... OBVIOUSLY, I love the books way better than the movies. There will always be something left out in the movies. But I totally agree with airangel about the whole Harry/Ginny things you see in the books if you read between the lines, compare to the movies which only focus too much on the trio (I say, way too much on Hermoine roll eyes (sarcastic) since they're trying to promote the whole "girl power" in my opinion)...

But YES, they should've atleast added more foreshadowing of Harry and Ginny in the movies as the books have. I'm not assuming Harry and Ginny are going to be together, but I think they should've done the valentines' card scene with Harry in the 2nd movie (because I believe that's how Harry really found out how to work the diary.) Remember when he tries to run away from the valentines messenger, he tripped and spilled his ink all over his things, but the diary didn't get stained at all.. JKR also described how Ginny was flustered and looking embarrassed at the moment, and Malfoy teased Harry and Ginny. And also the platform scene with Ginny and Harry in the 1st, because that's how we find out that Ginny had a crush on Harry since the beginning of the series... They didn't even add these in the deleted scenes. And it really have pissed me off.

Súro
they have been out since about 1997

im sure of it

its_magic
thats along time im am always reading and going to book stores but i suppose that the cover makes it look bit childish no offense but thats problee why i didnt buy it but after the first movies i was hooked but then after the first book i was bi wilded sounds corny i know laugh if u will but i really like the books and the movies.

i saw the movies the other day abit let down but i was still content with what i saw

danis4ever
i love the books than the movie. I guess they are more complete (of course) and i think it has more um..... lively.

sk8stuff09
1997? Dang! I was in gradeschool back then. Probly 6th or 7th grade....

Lily Evans
Ditto. OMG did I just say ditto? Weird. Anyway do you all know that the sixth book is going to be called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince? Hmm just spreading the word and the third HP movie comes out in DVD and Viedo Nov. 23rd of this year.

danfan4evva
yah i totally agree that some things in the movies r messed up, like in poa book when harry is on the knight bus the conducter asked what his name was adn he said neville and so the conducter talks about harry potter and when they get 2 the leaky cauldren the minster come onto the bus and is all like harry and the conducter is like that was harry potter im mad mad that they changed that that could of been a good part also i would rather have the books but occasionally a little eye candy wouldnt be bad would it? wink

DANIEL RADCLIFFE HOTTEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

angelsflame265
Well. . . books are almost always better then the movies that are made out of them.

Jackie Malfoy
The books are so much better then the movies.The movies are stupid so far and a big disapointment.JM

lilsis
the text copyright was in 1997 but it didnt actually come out until october of 1998....er at least thas wat my book says

lilsis
i HIGHLY doubt that they will for the simple fact of this:

in an interview on the 2nd movie w/ jkr she talks about poa & tells about some of the things to expect & wat they might foreshadow & hermoine & RON is one of those things. she says that in the 3rd movie u start to see more of a connection between ron & hermoine (such as hermione getting ready to grab his hand during COMC class & watching macnair slice up wat they thought was buckbeak she cuddled up to RON...NOT HARRY) jkr says that these connections actually dont pop up until the 4th book (talking about ron's jealousy @ the yule ball) jkr herself pointed these little tidbits out in her interview, yes she has barely written about them in her books, and movies need some sort of chemistry foreshadowing & that chemistry seems to b leaning towards ron & hermione

dark1365
Books tell the story outright, movies bring the world to life. Books are still better, in my opinion.

dark1365
I know, when I saw that part, I was like, WTF?! And the audience in the theatre laughed, and/or told me to shut up.

lilsis
laughing yeah me & my lil bro kept on yell at the screen

dark1365
Did you? My friend was yelling: "That is so wrong. WRONG!"
Me: WTF IS THIS? I Told you new directors suck!
Audience: (laughter)
someone behind me: SHHHHHHHHHHH!

lilsis
i cant stand the ppl that do that they ruin the fun.....owell im sure they think the same about me too roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Sirius766
i prefer books rather than the movies coz dey leave stuff out in da movies. Happy Dance

dark1365
Yeah. At the end...i stood up and said loudly.
"Where'd the Quidditch Cup go?"

Lily Evans
At the end of the movie, although I had to admit that they were better than the first two, I just sat there and said "Is that all? No they have more don't they?" I was really disapointed...

198 more days until Half Blood Prince comes out.

Machete_Guy
Books! party

Jedi-Knight 8k2
Well let me just say that the books and movies are both awsome!

dark1365
Moives bring the story to life, books tell the details. As i said before.

dead_dog
books are better because if u watch a movie and then read the book you can't imaginre the character for yourself, you just renember the character you saw.e.g. Lord of the rings i watched it and when i read it i kept on imagining frodo as eligah wood

Leggy_n_Merry
Yup that's true, plus i didn't read the books til after i'd seen it anyway so all i could think of was the film basically. But because I'm not much of a reader I prefer films because it's all been done for you lol and I just love films anyway big grin

Edit: I linked this off dead_dog's last post and didn't realise it was on the Harry Potter forum oops lol. So obviously I still prefer films but i haven't even read the books coz i don't read that often embarrasment but i'm sure they're reeeally good it's just i still think i'd prefer the films.

HJ4CW
all i have to say is the first 2 films were perfect but the third was out of perportion there was nothing explained but lupin was perfect as he was big grin big grin

~*~Tassie~*~
Books. Movies don't usually do books justice.

HJ4CW
i prefer the books 2

TheSun
Yep books. The only time books were worse than films is Lord of the Rings. The books were far too insubstantial for my liking, relying too heavily on the detailed intricacies of the world.

WhoKnows?
i liked the third on film, but the other two in books.

Phoenix
Dup thread. Please use this thread for discussions on the differences between the books and movies and which you liked more

~Air Angel~
merged & bumping for Elessea

dark1365
I liked the first two on movies, but the THIRD book...

ladygrim
hmm i liked all the books bar the fourth one

#1Rupert_Lover
I like both the books and the movies, personally. some of the movies were better than the books, and some parts in the books are better than the movie. so I like them both as much.

ladygrim
^ well sed.. the dursleys in the books and movies annoy me and quidditch is kinda annoying ..

DanFan4000
For every person that reads a book, a new image is created in the mind of the reader.
Just to think, millions upon millions have read the Harry Potter books.
That means milliona and millions of veiws are created.
Pick just one person to create a movie from a book, any book.
It's not going to be the same. He or she will add ideas that he or she thought from reading the books.
If you were able to redo the Harry Potter films, what would you change? Whold it make it better. Keeping to even the smallest of books, could make the longest of movies.
To add to the top of that, they must cut parts that have no meaning or that, just did not work.

Please try to keep that in mind, be lucky they are becoming films...

Have a nice day and night...

DanFan4000
Post people, post....

DanFan4000
Come on now, post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.