Why!!??!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Why does life have to be so unfair?!?!? Why do I have to be continualy passed over for roles just because I am not stick thin and drop-dead gorgeous!?!?

IT's NOT FAIR!!!

*lays on floor and cries*

Fire
*gives phoe a big hug*

cause the world is obsessed with outside beauty

Phoenix
*hugs Fire back*

Fire
smile

Phoenix
It's just annoying, because I KNOW I can act and sing and dance, and directors have ACTUALLY told me that I am one of the most talented auditionees, but I am ALWAYS stuck in the chorus because I'm not pretty.

Phoenix
I wouldn't mind if someone got chosen cos they were better than me, but they're chosen because they're better looking!

NyC-gUrL
awwww gurl I know how it feels *hugs*

Phoenix
big grin *hugs back*

NyC-gUrL
yay stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Oh Pheo...

*hugs*

Phoenix
mesa gettn lotsa hugs!!

*hugs back*

Phoenix
byebye, now... have to go practise scabby solo song mesa got as compensation for not getting a main part.... as the director pointed out, they'll only hear me, not see me....

*plans to kill director*

NyC-gUrL
Group-hug!!!!bunny *hugs everyone*

Fire
see ya Phoe

cermiestar
that sucks phoe....go knock em dead with your solo! *hugs(

Bad Boy
Try going for different roles and range yourself!

Kes
Ah it sucks Phoe
*hugs* One day you'll get your chance, you'll see.

Fire
nice words Kes

JediHDM
Awwww, phoe...im so sorry, here, have a basket of cookies, and a big 'ole hug from the Jediman...*big Hugs, happy ones*

yerssot
mad

this is rediculous! you should have gotten that job phoe! hands down!

BackFire349
I'm sorry Phoe, it's because the world is shallow and don't care for actual talent anymore. Just keep trying, a break will find you.

Fire
True, exactly what I said BF

Ushgarak
Any more? It never did. From acting's earliest origins, beauty was key.

I'm sorry, but we all KNOW that acting is not a meritocracy. They are not necessarily looking for the person with the best skill but the person who can be best presented.

And this is not the fault of the industry, it is the fault of people everywhere. Look at the greatest stars in the world- and count how many are ugly compared to those that aren't. The industry supplies what people want and they perhaps do it too well.

Many hugs and sympathies for Phoe, of course... but I think you always knew this was a facet of your chosen profession.

Fire
True it's the damn fault of the planet ppl everywhere are far too hung up on looks

Ushgarak
Yup. If Phoe had been turned down for secretarial work due to her looks it would be an outrage. As it is, I am afraid we all know that looking good is an important advantage in acting. (shrugs). Sorry. It is what people want.

Dagons Blade
YES mad I am going to say that I myself would rather have an
old fashioned gal with loads of curves than some of these skinny little matchsticks that Hollywood tries to pawn off as beautiful.

Women today are all arms and legs and nothing more....and they go out and get surgery and additions for what they don't have. REAL women have curves (this is also the name of one of my fave movies because there are some truly lovely plus sized ladies who don't need to take a back seat to anyone.)

Being a fan of retro pinup women and yesteryear ladies like the unbelievably voluptuous Virginia Bell from the 50's (natural 48 EEE guys!) I can say if it was up to ME, Hollywood and Broadway would see more natural T&A and some serious curvature, and I wouldn't allow the matchsticks to come back unless they ate 3 square meals a day and then some!

I know I just came back here Phoenix, but allow ME to give you a big HUG too, and I hope that one day you get the part you're looking for, OK? Peace. We're all behind you on this one.

DB

cool

NyC-gUrL
*claps* yes great speech!

Dagons Blade
Thank yousmileI mean what I say. I have dated many plus size women
and found them to be more down to earth and much more natural (and natural feeling) than these ineffectual aseertive aggressive little rat dogs that think they're hot shit because they're the same size as the day they graduated high school-God forbid if they can't fit their cheerleader costumes 20 years later-they have to spend the rest of their lives in therapy.

3-4 years ago, they picked on actor Tom Selleck becase he showed up at a Hollywood show with a plus size woman, and he calmly turned to the camera and said 'sorry guys, but I prefer REAL women, not a skeleton in the latest brand name jeans.' And his career has suffered since, but I commend him for his views. I am so tired of plastic charms..sad Way to go, Tom!

Phoenix
I would possibly be ok if they just turned me down straight away at auditions, but they DON'T! They get all excited, and send for me for call-backs and everything, nd I've had some understudy work, so they MUST think I can act. I just get the cast list back and its always Chorus and understudying someone.

yerssot
if I'm not mistaken, someone who thinks (s)he is ie fat will search a guy/girl who is thin

Dagons Blade
Well I'm a bit of a hefty fella myself and I've had regular women as well as plus sized-there ARE some people who don't care about appearance, but they are few and far in between sadly...finding someone who is more interested in personality that looks-priceless.

Godshinto
I have the Solution for you Phoe!!! Be Pretty not Ugly

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol

HannaBananabal
What kind of roles are you trying out for? Musicals? Can you sing more than act or anything? I sing, and I always landed singing parts, but not in plays or anything... Roll with what you do the BEST, then you can find the best things to try out for!

You also need to tell that director to kiss where you can't and it AIN'T your flucking ELBOW! What's the sense of singing if no one can see you!? Who then gets the credit??

h0ck3yh0rr0r
WHAT THE ****!!! no way. HannaBananabal r u like my twin. You like Hannibal Lecter and Your birthday is on the same day as mine...well except your older than me. Its very nice to meet you.

HannaBananabal
Hay, h0ck3yh0rr0r, now I see who DeNiro was talking about! (Refer to this post... toward the bottom of the page) You like Hannibal as well! TIGHT.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Hannibal Lecter movies are great. Very interesting.

ragesRemorse
hey pheonix i know you dont me, but youve made a fan out of me. what ever roles you get chosen for in the future Post them here in KMC and ill drag all my friends to go and support you. you a cool cat, hang in there and dont ever give up hope. keep chasing your dream

Phoenix
I always land a solo cos I can sing, but they have explained they can't give me a lead role because I'm a)fat, b)tall, c)ugly ((well, not in those words, but you know what I mean))

Phoenix
thats really sweet, but you may find it a touch hard to get to Cambridge or Norwich!

Fire
True, but it's the thought that counts

cermiestar
true

yerssot
I wish you all the best with the roles phoe, and if wishing doesn't help, call me and I'll knock them down wink

Fire
hehe

Phoenix
big grin

Fire
that's one way to do it

yerssot
darn it, missed phoe sad

silver_tears
me too sad

Phoenix
I'm here! I'm here!

silver_tears
me too me too eek!

Phoenix
silversilver!!!!!

silver_tears
phoephoe *hugs phoe* eek! nice to see you m8 big grin

Phoenix
*hugs silver*

yay!!

silver_tears
big grin now wheres yerss shifty think he'd let us dress him up again whistle

Phoenix
heehee... what as today?

silver_tears
how bout we dress him as keanu eek!

yerssot
darn it sad
seemed to miss phoe yet again!
and tomorrow probably won't be any better!

cermiestar
phoe??

Phoenix
Phoe is leaving for Manchester at 5, and has to go to work 12-4, so she ist sneaking on nowsies!

G.P
*supports Phoe*

yerssot
then this one hopes phoe can get on quickly again!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.