Chocolat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
Ok, i really love this movie...i like it cos its such an easy going movie, its a nice little comedy/drama! Its one fo those films you can watch when you're sad....i think so anyway....
also Juliette Binoche was great in this film, and obviously the great Judi Dench was also absolutley amazing!(anyone seen her in 'Elizabeth', i think she got an oscar for that performance)

this isnt a film for everyone..but i really like it! big grin

o kiMMii o
ur right....it wasnt a film 4 me....lol
tho Johnny was hot....this movie doesnt interest me....didnt even finish it =P

~fuoco~
i really liked it!! best thing bout it was ROUX!! love he's such a sexy beast love

silver_tears
i loved it......although i cried at one point embarrasment

SaTsuJiN
I just didnt like how the 'chocolat' altered their mood from 'total *****' to 'oh wow the world is so beautiful'. Other than that I found it a good watch

ahaetrkarykl
i really loved the message the movie sent. i just thought it was so cool how she liberated this town. she was different and she wasnt going to conform for anyone. its the kind of person i'd like to be. great movie.

SaTsuJiN
In a strange sense though, its typical to resist conformity which would be a conformity in itself

lil bitchiness
I loved the fact that it was like that! I liked how it did make world seem lovely and nice! Why does every movie have to show the negative side of life!
Silver...i cried too first time arround....sad

The cast is great, and aside Johnny's hotness, everyone did a good job in that film! happy It has a nice neding too...happy

grymlock
great movie... simple and sweet and i do love chocolate.. got one??

cheers mate!!

Kes
I like it. I like the whole fairy tale thing in a grown up movie smile
Of course Juliette is amazing, so is Lady Judy Dench but Molina has the best performance in my opinion. Plus all that chocolate!!! big grin
Listen this thread is about the movie so no johnny is hot in here!

lil bitchiness
I didnt start this thread with that intention....
I love the movie....one of my faves! The music in film is amazing too....big grin

cogger15
JOHNNY IS SO DAM HOT!!!! love laughing out loud just 2 annoy kes..stick out tongue

Kes
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/ranting.gif

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud ive spent five minutes looking at that emocion!! Its amazing?! Where did you get it from Kes!!
oh and by the way, we love you kes...big grin

Kes
Here:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies.php
Now back to the movie.

Korri
haha i like the wee woman who makes fun of Carrie-anne moss...she rules!!

lil bitchiness
Who? Judi Dench...oh man, shes such an amazing actress!

you could have just said go to 'even more smilies' i missed that one it seems!

blakangel
Ive read the book chocolat...and like the film it was very good...

it was sweet and its something to watch just when you wanna relax...

big grin

lil bitchiness
yey! big grin same here...i think im gonna go watch it in a min!
Oh, blackangel, is the book good, cos i was gonna read it, but i never got arround to it? happy

blakangel
the book was amazing; quite abit different to the movie in sections....

but I normally do prefer the book to films; with a few exceptions. big grin

lil bitchiness
Might give it a go actually....big grin

G.P
I've seen the movie tonight...I really liked it...(I love chocolate too...). The cast was great and the general mood of the movie is pleasant (well, I've seen really dark movies recently, that's why....)

Ichabod
i dont know why everyone thought Johnny was so hot in this film. IMO, he looked his worst in Chocolat. i hate how his hair was blondish and tied back. it exposes his large forehead. he looks like Fabio! and that outfit was just ugh..

i thought he looked way hotter in Sleepy Hollow. that floppy fringe just turns me on!

lil bitchiness
Naaah...still my fave1
No matter how he looked there, i still loved the movie...it truly did deserve all those nominations for an academy award...

Chocolat was nominated for 5 oscars, does anyone know how many did it win if at all?

samantha_pantha
i thought it was a really good movie, it is different to most movies and thats y i like it, oh and bcoz johnny depp was in it hehe

G.P
None... ( Best Movie : Gladiator , Best Actress Leading: J.Roberts (Erin Brockovich) Supporting: Marcia Gay Harden (Pollock) Music : Crouching Tiger,... and Writing (adapted) Traffic )

lil bitchiness
sadsadsadsadsadsadsad Well i think it should have got summat

Kes
Juliette is a waaaaaaaaaay better acress then Julia Roberts!

G.P
Indeed she is...

(But where is Pantoufle ?)

Kes
Pantoufle?

G.P
Yes, that's my kangaroo... big grin

(I'm sorry Kes, I saw this film yesterday embarrasment )

Kes
Ah..I saw it sometime ago. The names kinda faded stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
I thought Julia Roberts did a good job in Erin Brokivich blink....juliette however totally nailed that part!

Kes
I think Roberts sucks and did nothing more then imitate the real Erin who is a lot like her. Slutty!

lil bitchiness
oooooh Kes...that was bitchy! I like it!!! devil

Nah, i do think Juliette should have got that oscar, if not that, at least for the best adopted writing, or even music!

ahaetrkarykl
ya i really loved the music in the movie. it was great. i also dont think julia roberts should have gotten best actress but eh what can ya do. i dont really like julia roberts, but i think she is a good actress but definately not oscar worthy

silver_tears
pantoufle laughing out loud

lil bitchiness
I thought it was 'pantoof' blink

G.P
No. maybe it's not that clear in the film but the name of the imaginary kangaroo is "Pantoufle" (that is the French word for 'slipper')
smile

lil bitchiness
Really?!?! blink I didnt know that... well since i dont speak French... But i really would like to learn...lol nice!big grin

thorncrawler
col slipper hehehe laughing

G.P
big grin

But I'm very impressed to see the performance of the french actors in this movie (their accent is not that awful...)

lil bitchiness
I wanna speak French!! sad Tell me something, is it true that French people dont like English? Im not English, but i speak only 2 languages fluently and one of them is englsh..the other is Serbian...

Oh and all of the actors had a cool accent..i think? blink

thorncrawler
it would be cool to be able to speek french fluently(sp)

G.P
During centuries the United Kingdom has been France greatest enemy and competitor...(allies since the beginning of the century)
Now I think there still is a little mental/cultural gap but it can't be said that French people really don't like English peeps... friendship, but not love relationship...

lil bitchiness
Cos...i really like French people...and not being English myself....im kinda afraid to speak english in france....blink

G.P
I think the same thing about English wink
I don't know what I could answer you... But I think you'll be more sucessful by speaking English than Serbian if you want to be understood...

thorncrawler
if theres any thing that you want me to teach you then just pm me, co im english

G.P
Thanks. smile (If you need anything in French...)

Maybe we should go back to the topic smile

thorncrawler
ok chocolat like the film and the substance

thorncrawler
thats chocolate just to clarify

G.P
What do you mean ? The title is just "Chocolat"

lil bitchiness
G.P > I didnt mean which language im gonna speak, i ment will the people look at you differently if you speak english and dont know french....especially if you live in England...thats what i was meaning

G.P
I know, I was just teasing you...
But as I told you, I don't know what non-obvious answer I can give you. It depends on which people you'll be talking to. I don't think you'll meet much aggressivity : as a foreigner, they can't really blame you for not speaking French... (Personally, I don't have any problem with English-speaking people, but I can't speak for every person in France...)

lil bitchiness
big grin cool....thanks anyway!

Fire
the movie aint bad but not the best ever tho

Fire
I liked the idea, but the story line had been done a thousand times

lil bitchiness
I thought it was a bit different...there wasnt that major dramam in it...i dont think

Fire
nah it was mostly pretty soft

ahaetrkarykl
i thought it was really orgional myself

cogger15
most french people tend to know and understand english so i think you'll be fine. i used to go france loads and never spoke a word of french. cool

silver_tears
i loved the french part big grin and the little town where it was set yes
and i can speak french if i try big grin

cogger15
yea the little town was kinnda cute! i thought it was sad when johnny and the little girl went into the bar and the barman would serve him sad he just looked so cute going "she only wants a soda water" awwwww!

silver_tears
i know so sad sad

lil bitchiness
Not all of it was set in that french town, some was filmed in England too shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.