Hey guys, I'm back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dagons Blade
Hello all smile

I've been missing in action for a while, to which there is a perfectly good explanation-I had a serious knee and leg injury from falling down a flight of steps, and the ironic part it was 4 from the bottom. I landed ON my knee and pulled some serious muscle and some cartilage damage.
My physical therapist has tortured me for the last month and a half, and add the painkillers\anti-inflammatories, and the pain of sitting for prolonged periods, and you get the picture. Anyhow how are ya' all?

Hello to all the new members and hopefully I'll be up and running in no time (no pun inteneded.) Anyway I'll see you around the forums and thanks for keeping my account open. smile Cya!

DB

Sir R DeNiro
Hey Dagons Blade, sorry to hear about your knee injury. I know all about it. I played about 10 seasons of Rugby League over here in Australia with a bad knee.

I finished up having to have a full reconstruction done. Graft of a tendon in the hamstring and bolt it in where the Anterior Cruitiate used to be. I've got virtually no Medial Meniscus left in that knee either.

Keep up with the anti-inflammatories, and try and get onto the stationary bike at the gym ASAP. Also watching your diet can speed up injury recovery. By strengthening the muscles in the quadracepts and hamstring, you can take alot of stress off the actual knee joint. So hook into the light weights at the gym as soon as you can. Also heaps of stretching helps.

Your therapist has probably told you all that stuff, but I'm speaking from experience, and all those things worked for me.

Good luck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.