house of a thousand corpses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
what was with the people down in that basement thing like the guy with the oxygenmask on and the guy with the ax i mean they look werid i mean they didnt loook human what was rob zombie thinking like i mean it was cool but what where they supposed to be

SaTsuJiN
guy with the mask was Dr. Satan ; some town legend. I guess you should watch the movie again to understand what was going on.

pablo007
that movie kinda sucked

pablo007
but Capt. Spaulding kicked ass

Striel
That part of the movie was a bit off... I loved the film but there were a couple parts that seemed a bit out of place.

Tattooz
that movie sucked balls.

Evil Dead
Deniro..........it didn't make any sense at all. The rest of the film is a rip off of TCM and then is suddenly jumps to the paranormal where you have the ghost of some man more than a century after he died killing people in a cave. You can tell this is the part that wasn't copied from TCM, because it completely sucks.

DeNiro
BF said he didnt find it beng a copy of TCM but i dont know i kinda liked it i really liked it infact but the guy was fuuckin creepy as hell i am glad they put him in there

BackFire
When discussing this movie, you have to remember that the studio that released it made rob zombie really butcher it in order for it to be released. This probably accounts for the scenes that don't really make much sense. One thing is certain about the film, you definately have to take it with a grain of salt.

Also, the movie definately was a throwback to the old horror movies of the 70's. It took idea's from alot of other movies (TCM, Last House on the Left) and integrated them into the plot. I definately see how it can be considered a rip off of TCM, Zombie always meant it to be a kind of homage to TCM, and I feel he did it justice.

slayer
I thought it was good but i've seen alot better.

Evil Dead
Told you so, told you so, told you so

no really now......

The whole Dr. Satan crap really ruined the movie. It would have been alot better if the last 20 minutes had been cut out. It was a decent movie.......then they change lanes without explanation. It went from a movie about a crazy family who kills passers by to a paranormal movie about some ghostly figure who butchers people in an underground cavern.

Brody
house of 1000 corpses has its sides...but most of them are bad. It was looking good until a certain point. From the murder ride to seeing that kid getting decapitated it was becoming a good horror movie but after that it became nothing more than a tcm ripoff and a ripoff of everything from ed gein to dr giggles to some crappy ass halloween flick. First where they kill the cops..one of the main cops was Tom Towles (i think thats how u spell his name) and he also played Otis in Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer which is one of the best horror films in my opinion.

Ok...Otis would not have gone down by some wanna be cannibal hooker and doing that was just an insult to him as an actor, throughout the movie i kept wanting to see Michael Rooker (Henry) come out of nowhere and go kill happy on the entire inbred bunch. When they had the ceremony was when it really got stupid..dressing up like skeletons, dressing their victims as rabbits, putting them in a coffin for underground zombies gimme a friggin break.

The whole "whos your daddy" thing was beyond stupid and the dr satan thing was just as bad. Then Dr Satan has his own henchman isnt that special so now dr satan goes from being an undead killer surgeon to one of those stupid villans u see with henchmen. The whole beer store scene was dumb as hell too. All in all, I give tcm oops..I mean house of 1000 corpses a big thumbs down. Instead of watching this crap go rent TCM or Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer or see Freddy vs Jason....you wont be dissappointed with any of those. Screw you rob zombie for your ripoff efforts, get some originality.

Evil Dead
I love you................

BackFire
I agree with that, I thought the last 20 minutes really went to far and just didn't flow with the original.

But I love the movie for one simple reason, it had something very few other horror movies of recent memory had - heart. Rob Zombie made this movie because he wanted to make a neat horror movie for the people of this generation, a movie like the ones he grew up with. His heart was definately in the right place. I can't help but wonder how improved it would have been had he not been forced to edit it to hell.

Curl_Up&Dye
It was a pretty good movie. Effects were good, but once you get to the underground living room of horrors, it was kind of a stretch. The guy in the mask was supposed to be Dr Satan.
However, it was disappointing by Rob Zombie standards. He has some music videos scarier than that. I guess after waiting 5 or so years for it, I expected more.

PS- Zombie is making a sequel...that should be a hoot

mad

Espantada20
oh crap a sequel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.