you tell em steve dave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth fester
apart from star wars my other favourite movies are the ones made by kevin smith

do we have any other kevin smith fans here

and dont you think jason lee would be a brilliant star wars character

Texas
Your in the UK so you probably don't know what's happening in the US with Kevin Smith. He's being protested against by almost every oraganization in America, especially the Catholic Church and Gay/Lesbian associations. I personally dont like his films, I think there crude and derogatory.

finti
What films are we talking about?

JediOasis
His films include:
Clerks
Mallrats
Chasing Amy
Dogma
and coming soon....Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

I love his films. Some people may find it crude humor, well, don't watch them then. He(Smith) is a huge comic book and sci-fi fan and always incorperates those into his films. I can't wait for the newest one, it even has Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher.

queeq
He's a big SW fan, isn't he? I never saw any of his films yet. Sorry.

darth fester
you wanna check out clerks theres an excellent scene where these guys are talking about the death star

brilliant

finti
Oh there you have some clever films, I love it when somebody pisses off the catholic church. They are so funny when they start to protest on the agenda of morality, as if they actually should be allowed to argue that issue. Probably the church that have done the most to ruin ancient cultures. The avarege catholic is just like the common man or your next door neighboor, no grudge against them. It is the catholic system that really is ....well I leave it with this before anyone get offended. I know we have some catholics on the board.

queeq
Thank you, finti. But history will demonstrate that not only the Catholic Church ruined ancient cultures, I assure you. Seems to be common practise for those in power.

Anyway, isn't there a line in his new film saying: "Is Jar Jar lame?", used to state the very obvious to someone's question?

darth fester
you tell em steve dave

yeah and what about those bloody vikings stealing raping and burning they were just as bad evil face

finti
At least the Vikings didnt force their belives upon others, they didnt care if you belived in Odin or Jesus.....they kicked your ass anyway. evil face
And queeq i didnt say they were the only church, but the one that`s done the most, I know the protestants are guilty as well.
As a matter of fact I dont like that church either.

queeq
I know you don't. But numerous religious groups from different faiths did the same. Always, as far back as institutionalised religion was in the world, they always left their beliefs behind wherever they conquered a place. Just common to man, not so much to religion.

finti
So it is common to man to enforce its belives upon others? Maybe I shall enter the political arena evil face evil face evil face

darth fester
i tell u what guys i wake up every morning and thank god im an atheist

finti
if you been dysletic you would have thanked DOG roll eyes (sarcastic)

darth fester
yeah i thank dog im an anaethetist

queeq
Unfortunatley that anagram only works in English. Didn't know God was English. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.