Is it insane?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir R DeNiro
Is it insane to want to look so freaky that young children run in a panic like state, and hide behind their mother's dresses in the streets. At the age of 18 I started pumping iron, and I simply couldn't get big enough. At 5'9" tall, and an average build, I was tipping the scales at around 95kg, which equates to about 205 lbs, by the age of 22. My guns were, and still are around 19 inches.

I still look in the mirror and think I am way too skinny, and need to pack more slabs of mass onto my frame.

Could bodybuilding be similar in a way to Anorexia, in that no matter how massive a person gets, they still want to get bigger, until a point where perhaps it becomes frightening to the average person on the street?

I'd like to hear from any other posters that have pumped iron over the years, and get some feedback on this topic. There are a lot of guys that go to my gym that are well into their 50's and 60's and still pump big numbers almost everyday. I think it is addictive, but in a good sort of way.

Dagons Blade
Hey man...I'm not a big pumper, as I work for definition and do high reps...but I can attest to the feeling of 'addiction' because you feel so good when you pump and you're all up on yourself and the way you look, not to mention the endorphin trip. I'd say it's a mild form of addiction, and a good one, because you could be doing worse things...

And it's nice when you're all pumped, in your muscle tee, and you
walk by a group of *****-slap rapping punkass teens who think they're badass..they see you coming and it's like 'holy shit!' and they don't want to mess with you LOL

Lastly too much muscle if not maintained, can leave you with a bad bulk problem later in life as it falls to flab. Working out for definition and tone like I do, lighter weight -higher reps has it's won merits too-more of a cardio slant to it as well as a muscle workout, and it's easier to maintain.

But hey, you wanna' look like the Hulk, that's fine, and I'm sure noone will stop you because it sounds like you can fill up a dorway as it is now wink stick out tongue

Sir R DeNiro
Once again, Dagons Blade, it's great to see someone out there with some smarts about them. I have focused a bit more on cardio, the last couple of months, as we are coming into summer in Australia. I have also been struggling with a torn rotator cuff in one of my shoulders, which has meant that I have had to drop the weights down a bit, particularly with overhead/military press and a lot of the chest movements.

I agree that as you get older you have to be mindful of how much mass you are carrying, as it does get harder to keep the chest looking firm as each year passes on the calender.

I find Creatine Monohydrate is a very good supplement, and assists in maintaining mass and strength. I'm interested to hear if others have tried using Creatine and what sort of results they have gained from it. I heard it was banned in the States for a while. Is that true?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.